Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Was SA Superman vulnerable to Kryptonite?

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bee14ish

Was he?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

Yes he most definitely was.

TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TERMINATOR1000

@PowerHerc said:

I was wondering too if all versions of superman are weak to kryptonite. like superman prime and so on.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By cyberninja

For most part he was, but there was one time in the silver age where Superman was immune to kryptonite ( #233). That's how ridiculously strong SA superman was. 

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By buttersdaman000

He was actually more susceptible to it then he is now 

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By blackadamFTW

@PowerHerc said:

Yep.

SHAZAM

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vaeternus

He was but there were times where he wasn't, like the time where he ate it and said "not bad, could use some salt though but all in all a nice snack" lol.

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bee14ish

@Vaeternus: 3 more questions(sorry), if no magic from outside Superboy Prime's universe hurts him, does that also mean guys from other companies. I'm having a debate, Classic Doctor Strange vs the strongest version of superman which is either, without the Thought Robot, SA Superman, Superboy Prime, SPOM(was he vulnerable to magic?). Now, the third one, I heard somewhere that Superman acquired Mister Mxyzptlk's powers, is that true, and if so would that be a powerful version?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vaeternus

@bee14ish said:

@Vaeternus: 3 more questions(sorry), if no magic from outside Superboy Prime's universe hurts him, does that also mean guys from other companies. I'm having a debate, Classic Doctor Strange vs the strongest version of superman which is either, without the Thought Robot, SA Superman, Superboy Prime, SPOM(was he vulnerable to magic?). Now, the third one, I heard somewhere that Superman acquired Mister Mxyzptlk's powers, is that true, and if so would that be a powerful version?

The Superman Prime one million to my knowledge has NO weaknesses...not to magic or any kind of kryptonite. He would be the most powerful version of the character by far, then SA Superman, Prime etc, etc. The Superman Prime One Million had all the knowledge of the universe and no known weaknesses. If Supes got Mxy's powers, that's new to me. There's so many stories with him I'm sure I've missed a few. I know the Joker got Mxy's powers temporarily, only a part of Mxy's power though not full. I know that much concerning Mxy.

Unless perhaps you're referring to Mxy's dust, where he tried using it against SA Superman and he sneezed a galaxy away literally. But yeah, concerning Classic Strange vs. Superman Prime One Million, that's no contest. SMPOM would destroy Strange, SA Superman vs. Classic strange is closer I think honestly.

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bee14ish

@Vaeternus: Thank you, I wish I could tell the other guys in the forum that, but they keep bringing up things like he resisted the Infinity Gems or he held his own against Living Tribunal.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vaeternus

@bee14ish said:

@Vaeternus: Thank you, I wish I could tell the other guys in the forum that, but they keep bringing up things like he resisted the Infinity Gems or he held his own against Living Tribunal.

Yeah, sometimes arguing with people or fanboys I should say in the battle forums with facts is like jumping off a tall bridge and expecting to survive. It just won't happen lol.

Superman Prime One Million>>>IG he has less feats but that's due to him being uber powerful, he doesn't really need any. He's said by DC to be top 3-top 5 most powerful characters in DCU after Presence, Spectre etc. So yeah lol.

The SA version was also ridiculous as he could time travel at will, he broke the bounds of reality and time by flying so fast thru the universe Spectre had to stop him...he was the only one who could at that point.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By superstay

Wouldn't that be equal to PC Superman with The Sword of Superman

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PowerHerc

@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@PowerHerc said:

I was wondering too if all versions of superman are weak to kryptonite. like superman prime and so on.

As far as I know, with the exception of the time when he became immune to it and actually ate some, all versions of Superman have had a weakness to some sort of Kryptonite.

TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TERMINATOR1000

@PowerHerc said:

@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@PowerHerc said:

As far as I know, with the exception of the time when he became immune to it and actually ate some, all versions of Superman have had a weakness to some sort of Kryptonite.

Thats what i figured... Seems like every single character has a weakness to it anyways.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vaeternus

@superstay said:

Wouldn't that be equal to PC Superman with The Sword of Superman

Possibly, SOS Superman was powerful too, doubt he was on Superman Prime 1 Mill level though, but probably more then SA or close at least.

@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@PowerHerc said:

@TERMINATOR1000 said:

@PowerHerc said:

Thats what i figured... Seems like every single character has a weakness to it anyways.

True, except for certain versions of Superman like Prime(immune to kryptonite being from other world) the SA exceptions with that one story where he ate it lol and Superman Prime One Million, had no weaknesses at all. The golden one..other then those exceptions, yeah the rest all have a weakness to it.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By superstay

@Vaeternus:

Yeah I thought so

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bee14ish

@Vaeternus: Actually, him with the SoS became one with God. I don't know how powerful that is but it sounds pretty damn powerful.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vaeternus

@bee14ish said:

@Vaeternus: Actually, him with the SoS became one with God. I don't know how powerful that is but it sounds pretty damn powerful.

Good point I forgot about that, so I'd say Superman Prime One Million>SOS Superman (since DC has said Prime 1 mill is second or third most powerful so he's up there lol) then SA Superman, Kal Kent etc, etc for me anyway lol

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bee14ish

@Vaeternus: Yeah, SA Supes without SoS? If so then SPOM is greater. But with it he literally becomes God. And I may be dumb for this since I don't know too much about SA Supes but I think Kal could give him a fight.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By sethysquare

All versions of Superman was vulnerable to Kryptonite. Even most elseworld stories.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Onemoreposter

@PowerHerc: @sethysquare: Kingdom Come Supes was immune to kryptonite.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By sethysquare

@Onemoreposter: yeah I know, I said most of Superman's elseworld stories.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ssejllenrad

SA Supes was vulnerable to Kryptonite for the bulk of his career. But by Kryptonite Nevermore, he became immune to it.

@Onemoreposter: KC Supes developed immunity to it due to a longer exposure to sun compared to the mainstream Superman. It's the same reason he has a relative immunity to magic. He wasn't immune to it by default.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vaeternus

@bee14ish

Yeah dude, SA Supes vs. Kal Kent has been debated. That's close, SOS becoming one with God would mean in DCU's case he becomes one with the Presence then which obviously is the most powerful character in DCU. Normally though, The Superman Prime 1 million is by far the most powerful Superman.

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bee14ish

@Vaeternus: Exactly, SoS Supes survived a blast that was melting reality.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.