Video Game

#1 Posted by Kyzuko (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you guys think it'd be possible on a next-gen console?

#2 Posted by skooks (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Any game is possible on a next-gen console, it just depends who wants to make it and whether it gets a publisher.

#3 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

It is possible. Rocksteady already had a good prototype some years back. Too bad they scrapped it.

#4 Posted by shieldzeal (67 posts) - - Show Bio

A good Superman game should be about story and characters. A straight-action Superman is hard to make as the past 30 years of video game history has shown.

#5 Posted by lilben42 (2556 posts) - - Show Bio

@shieldzeal: Agreed. Story makes the game, action too but story will keep people interested. They need to make him like the new 52 Superman, invulnerable but can still be hurt.

#6 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

@shieldzeal said:

A good Superman game should be about story and characters. A straight-action Superman is hard to make as the past 30 years of video game history has shown.

I say start it out like the first arc of the New 52 Action Comics. Superman is new on the scene, there's no other superheroes around, and most importantly it gives you the feeling of leveling up. At that stage Superman was not totally invulnerable, he couldn't fly, and while he had his usual vision based powers they weren't shown to be on par with what he has now. This makes the perfect area for an upgrade system.

Then when Brainiac comes in and you get the full on costume, you actually get a CHOICE as to what costume you want. Like in a room with actual Kryptonian clothes and such, where you get your choice of three styles. One is the New 52 Armor, while the other two are the classic Superman costume or the Earth 2 costume

Kal-L of Earth 2 DCnU

Now to explain the different S-shields, as the New 52 is slightly different in some instances I've noticed, it would be the same House of El symbol just at different points in its history on Krypton. After this you're stuck in this costume for the rest of the game and afterward you get access to other bonus costumes. Like Superboy's t-shirt, God Fall Superman, Golden Age Superman, even the black costume when he came back from the dead

#7 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Flight controls have always been a big problem in Superman games for me. They never seem to make that intuitive in a 3D environment.

#8 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

Make it like asura's wrath

cinematic

#9 Edited by consolemaster001 (5848 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so.

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12025 posts) - - Show Bio

@shieldzeal said:

I say start it out like the first arc of the New 52 Action Comics. Superman is new on the scene, there's no other superheroes around, and most importantly it gives you the feeling of leveling up. At that stage Superman was not totally invulnerable, he couldn't fly, and while he had his usual vision based powers they weren't shown to be on par with what he has now. This makes the perfect area for an upgrade system.

Then when Brainiac comes in and you get the full on costume, you actually get a CHOICE as to what costume you want. Like in a room with actual Kryptonian clothes and such, where you get your choice of three styles. One is the New 52 Armor, while the other two are the classic Superman costume or the Earth 2 costume

Kal-L of Earth 2 DCnU

Now to explain the different S-shields, as the New 52 is slightly different in some instances I've noticed, it would be the same House of El symbol just at different points in its history on Krypton. After this you're stuck in this costume for the rest of the game and afterward you get access to other bonus costumes. Like Superboy's t-shirt, God Fall Superman, Golden Age Superman, even the black costume when he came back from the dead

This idea FOR THE WIN.

The only issue could be when he's full on "Superman," his powers could develop into an issue...they'd have to limit them, I suppose.

#11 Edited by GrandSymbiote94 (11667 posts) - - Show Bio

It is possible. Rocksteady already had a good prototype some years back. Too bad they scrapped it.

D:

#12 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee:

Well they could save full power Superman for the end of the game, where at that point you can just have fun flying around and taking on bad guys as a fully powered Superman. I think that's enough of an end game reward

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.