Thoughts on Superman Unchained Preview?

#1 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread or any discussion on the preview for Superman Unchained in the free Superman Special Edition comic. Surely some interesting things must have happened?

#2 Posted by Dernman (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

=O What? I missed that.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18354 posts) - - Show Bio

Preview? i couldn't find it ;(

#4 Posted by Squalleon (4732 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: @dernman: You're right there wasn't a preview. @squalleon: just showed me a link where all they do is answer some questions. Such a shame :( Guess they don't want to reveal what they have planned yet.

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18354 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull: @dernman: You're right there wasn't a preview. @squalleon: just showed me a link where all they do is answer some questions. Such a shame :( Guess they don't want to reveal what they have planned yet.

MUST BE something big.

#7 Posted by Squalleon (4732 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

MUST BE something big.

OR SOMETHING DISSAPOINTING :-p

#8 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

MUST BE something big.

Hey don't think negatively. This is all us Superman fans have left. With Diggle gone and Lobdell writing 2 Superman titles, Snyder's our best hope of a good Superman series.

#9 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18354 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@squalleon said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

MUST BE something big.

Hey don't think negatively. This is all us Superman fans have left. With Diggle gone and Lobdell writing 2 Superman titles, Snyder's our best hope of a good Superman series.

BEST. HOPE? HOW DAREZ YOU!

#10 Edited by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@squalleon said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

MUST BE something big.

I was referring more to solo Superman titles. Pak is working on a team up book.

#11 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18354 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

@squalleon said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

MUST BE something big.

I was referring more to solo Superman titles. Pak is working on a team up book.

NU! NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! SUPES WILLZ BE HIGHLIGHTED AS MUCH AS BATZMAN! EQUALITY!

#12 Posted by knightofthechronicle (710 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I was really looking forward to some Jim Lee art and then some questions with Snyder and Lee. The comic they included was okay, I'm kind of wondering what it was anything to do with anything in the New 52 though.

#13 Posted by Squalleon (4732 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@squalleon said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

MUST BE something big.

i was joking but i don't get my hopes up cause Dc always give Superman a hard time :-p

#14 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@squalleon said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

MUST BE something big.

i was joking but i don't get my hopes up cause Dc always give Superman a hard time :-p

They do don't they? Diggle couldn't do what he wanted with the character which, from his first issue would have been good.

#15 Posted by Z3RO180 (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so was their or wasn't their a preview for unchained ?

#16 Edited by Squalleon (4732 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

His first 3 issues was a gap that Dc wanted to fill,also the Scott Lobdell crossover with the return to krypton would take more time from Diggle to do his own thing sooooo he decided that he doesn't want his work interuppted all the time

#17 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: He never specified that. How do you know that's why Diggle left DC?

#18 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

Ok so was their or wasn't their a preview for unchained ?

Wasn't.

#19 Edited by Squalleon (4732 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

It's my best guess.

It's the same with Nightwing the constant crossovers compromise the direction of the story

#20 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't even pick that up. I've read Last Son and I flipped through and found no preview. Just an interview or something that would just wind up on the web anyway.

@lvenger said:

It's my best guess.

It's the same with Nightwing the constant crossovers compromise the direction of the story

That's what's been happening with Batgirl, as well. Simone can't get where she wants the story to go because every three issues she has to write about whatever Snyder wants.

#21 Posted by Dernman (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman fans need a good Superman series badly.

#22 Posted by Squalleon (4732 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't even pick that up. I've read Last Son and I flipped through and found no preview. Just an interview or something that would just wind up on the web anyway.

@squalleon said:
@lvenger said:

It's my best guess.

That's what's been happening with Batgirl, as well. Simone can't get where she wants the story to go because every three issues she has to write about whatever Snyder wants.

plus the out of context token transgender character(just to increase a fake diversity with no advance to plot) the editorial decisions are just horrible
or thats what i read here on the web

#23 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: I actually still have that issue sitting on my dresser, but I heard about that. Thing is, Simone had been teasing something about that character for a few issues at that point, so it's not that out of the blue and I still have yet to see how it was executed.

#24 Posted by Squalleon (4732 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: I actually still have that issue sitting on my dresser, but I heard about that. Thing is, Simone had been teasing something about that character for a few issues at that point, so it's not that out of the blue and I still have yet to see how it was executed.

i don't know i don't read the series i just read an article here on CV that said that DC's diversity seems forced
especialy that particular event.....i just hope that i didn't come out wrong :-P

#26 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon said:

@kal_smahboi said:

i don't know i don't read the series i just read an article here on CV that said that DC's diversity seems forced

especialy that particular event.....i just hope that i didn't come out wrong :-P

No, it didn't. That's essentially what I had heard too. Honestly, I think the crossovers are partially to blame for that, as well. She really hasn't had the time to develop the characters' relationship, so it may have seemed a little more sudden than it was meant to.

#27 Posted by Squalleon (4732 posts) - - Show Bio

@kal_smahboi: The new 52 is suffocating in its crossovers.
When the characters haven't developed and the stories haven't take a natural course doing a crossover is stupid.
I get that comics are bussiness but you have to sacrifice money to get money.

#28 Edited by Kal'smahboi (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Yup, I agree. It's evident in the Bat books, the Super books, the GL books. They need to figure out what they're doing here. Either develop the stories, or leave the crossovers alone for a while.

#29 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Just a note: I just got around to reading Batgirl 19 and I disagree with what seems to be the general consensus. It wasn't as forced or sudden as everyone says. Simone's been teasing something about the character for a while and she and Batgirl just bonded in the scene. I'm ok with it. I think that people are looking for something to complain about. Every time there's a new black character, or a gay character or anything like that, it's "forced" or "for diversity's sake." I'd like to ask everyone who says that, what other reason is there to make the cast more diverse, if not for the sake of diversity? Diversity is a great thing, and nobody should feel shame for adding it to a cast of characters.

#30 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

How long I lobdell going to be on Superman?

#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (15084 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that Superman Unchained will be a far better book than the crap that Lobdell is giving us.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.