This Just In: Superman and Wonder Woman Discuss 'the Kiss'

• 71 results
Posted by G-Man (29436 posts) - - Show Bio

There are many different types of kisses for different situations. When two people kiss, it can mean lots of things. When Superman and Wonder Woman kiss, it gets everyone's attention. In August's JUSTICE LEAGUE #12, the two powerhouses of the DC Universe locked lips and DC stated that they would become a literal power couple. We don't know how this will play into their individual titles but it appears the kiss will be addressed in this week's JUSTICE LEAGUE #13.

This following image made its way to my inbox and gives a hint at what we can expect in the comic today. Minor spoiler below.

What does this mean? It doesn't seem like a full commitment as Superman says but it looks like there might be more kissing coming up. We'll have to check out the comic featuring Cheetah on the cover to find out more.

Now that some time has passed, what are your feelings on the kiss and the two as a couple?

Thanks to mr_cheesypants for the image.

Staff Online
#1 Posted by Dernman (14025 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez they are awkward. It's like they are a whole world apart. :p

#2 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

so dc was just whoring them out to sell some second prints and a variant. classy.

#3 Posted by The Stegman (20787 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on people, did you HONESTLY think that they would be a couple because of that? they were both horribly depressed, and got caught up in the moment, it happens.

#4 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

People kiss, it happens. Doesn't need to mean anything :)

#5 Posted by Dernman (14025 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I thought they were going to be a couple because they said they were going to be a couple. I still think they will.

#6 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them together and i hope they'll stay together personally.

#7 Posted by cmaprice (787 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like they're setting up for the culmination of a Kevin Smith bit. Heh.

#8 Posted by Barkley (258 posts) - - Show Bio

sure they can be couple but its a story it takes time things dont just happen like kiss and now you are together thats never happened to me every relationship ive been in took a little time...and im glad Dc is taking its time...and of course they are trying to sell books...its a business

#9 Posted by iancoderre3 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Kryptonian gets some amazon!

#10 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Still a big fan of Lois with Superman, but whatever gets the New 52 Superman to be a little more human is fine by me. I'm still expecting, and hoping, for him to end up with Lois long term.

#11 Posted by Trodorne (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah well as long as steve is still portraying the only one who seems to care about any relationship with her, She is just going to run to superman for some non-committed fun.

#12 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Come on people, did you HONESTLY think that they would be a couple because of that? they were both horribly depressed, and got caught up in the moment, it happens.
#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (13731 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the best that Johns could do.

#14 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Jeez they are awkward. It's like they are a whole world apart. :p

I see what you did there

#15 Posted by Lvenger (16066 posts) - - Show Bio

So they're friends with benefits instead of a couple now? Why have DC been shipping this stupid power couple thing if they're not getting together? That scan makes the relationship between look horribly awkward. Still at least this makes more sense than Superman and Wonder Woman becoming a couple straight away.

#16 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has apparently not learned how to stand like a human being.

#17 Posted by erick_el_rojo (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman ... Owned.. haha

#18 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmaprice: Hahahahaha classic.

#19 Posted by movieartman (777 posts) - - Show Bio

sense she is all "im above men and there desires" crap with steve trevor, im really not bloody seeing why she would be with sups

Hypocritical B###h is Hypocritical

#20 Posted by davidgrantlloyd (322 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, they're stretching it out ... step by step. Love this pairing! Makes sense to me.

Last shot provided an eerie dynamic, with the earth in the background, the implication that these two could very easily rule the world together without much to stop them ... but maybe I'm reading too much into it ...

#21 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

WonderSupes for the win. I love it love it love it.

#22 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

This pairing sux. Disagree and kiss my invisible donkey( or jet).

#23 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Still going to be a couple. Johns said it was going to be the new status quo in an interview and he has the only book they both appear in.

#24 Posted by DonFelipe (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

... a nice kiss! Really, Supes? You kissed Wonder Woman and it was just nice? Please Diana, use your lasso already!

#25 Edited by Sovereign91001 (3370 posts) - - Show Bio

They're obviously going to be a couple, Johns is just building tension between them. It's called buildup, that thing people were b****ing about a lack of two months ago. Guess DC's not just randomly sticking them together...go figure.

#26 Posted by Aeroman (483 posts) - - Show Bio

it's just a kiss see no big deal about it

#27 Posted by Mediumguy (166 posts) - - Show Bio

This pairing doesn't interest me. It's just too obvious.

#28 Posted by SiycoBat (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

WonderSupes for the win. I love it love it love it.

#29 Posted by mattwing87 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Tap dat booty Supie!!!

#30 Posted by Avengers_4everXX (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mediumguy said:

This pairing doesn't interest me. It's just too obvious.

this.

#31 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

! Look's like she is headed for round 2 !

#32 Posted by EisforExtinction (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman hit it and quit it.

#33 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said it several times, and I'll say it again. I don't see this lasting for more than a few months.

#34 Posted by Kneepawn (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't they already try this and the whole reason it didn't work out is because they realized they had nothing in common? Or maybe I'm just bias because I love Lois & Clark chemistry

#35 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

God damn this is some great artwork. Oh, and i can see where this whole thing between supes and dianna is going.

#36 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

This comment > Thread.

#37 Posted by BigBDawg (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure looks like an awkward sitch between Clark and Diana. XD Should be interesting to see what happens.

#38 Posted by kid Apollo (697 posts) - - Show Bio

70 years from now no one will either remember this or care about it. power couple my @ss

#39 Posted by CircularLogic (282 posts) - - Show Bio

Could have been worse. If it was Lobdell writing it, Wonder Woman would have just banged Superman, and then later say she just felt like doing it for no real reason.

Wait, He's writing Superman now... S#!&.

#40 Posted by lorex (928 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a comic with all the soap opera like drama that it entails, of course things would not be tied up neatly thee next issue.  Hey we just need a laugh track and an annowing roommate and we have the makings of a sitcom.

#41 Posted by XZ7darkgrey (4 posts) - - Show Bio

At least its something New.

#42 Posted by Spideycap (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Does seem pretty obvious, but I'm sure they will do something interesting with this. Part of me hopes Batman or Vic steals her away.

#43 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

he's got a hot chick in front of him who kinda dissed him... he's flexing every muscle in his body!

#44 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

"But it was a Mistake, Diana"

Fixed.

#45 Posted by War07 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that they are going to be couple for a long long long time!!!

#46 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@XZ7darkgrey said:

At least its something New.

New? I'll respond to that with this:

@evilvegeta74 said:

! Look's like she is headed for round 2 !

Never lasted before, won't last this time. They' don't work as a couple.

#47 Posted by Reignmaker (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

@davidgrantlloyd said:

Yeah, they're stretching it out ... step by step. Love this pairing! Makes sense to me.

Last shot provided an eerie dynamic, with the earth in the background, the implication that these two could very easily rule the world together without much to stop them ... but maybe I'm reading too much into it ...

Ooh! That's getting deep, but I hadn't thought of it that way. I can see it now...

#48 Posted by Grimoire (505 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad they are not putting it on the fast track. Both seem uneasy which is good at this point.

#49 Posted by Mucklefluga (2438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;D

#50 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading the issue, it does validate what I've said all along: It was just a first kiss and the relationship isn't being rushed. If you don't like the concept then you probably never will, but this proves that it is going to be developed and its not just an instant romance. So far, it's the most compelling interaction within the pages of Justice League.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.