Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

the Silver Age Superman and Donners Superman

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now that man of steel has come it, this fanbase of superman fans i been apart of for 30 years are acting just like they did when Bryne did his reboot in 1986. They went on a rage over Bryne Superman saying that his Krypton was lifeless and stuff. Anyhow these fans and there love for the Silver Age version of Superman ( my grandfather who read Superman comics for 72 years hated the Donner films with a passion not cause there corny but Krypton looked like BS to him Pure BS) Is really starting to piss me off MOS has caused me to hate the fanbase even more. I feel has if Superman fans have become WW fans. I had this boiling up about the fanbase for years this boner for the Silver Age is really pissing me off.

Do people not get that MOS is the first film it isn't a third or second one yet and where losing are shit over a Superman that has been superman for what 2 DAYS!!!!!!! This is why these complaints anger me the fans tell me superman is relatable then when a film does that they want him to be mr perfect Silver Age Superman over night even though he was Superman for 2 days. Zod death i know for a fact we would not be talking about this is it was Brainaic and Darkseid we would not be bringing this up also if it was Mongul. Why is it that when its Zod oh its a problem. Is this whats gonna happen when a WW film happens or Aqauaman "oh ww didnt care for people oh AQquaman drowned people" -_- really are we honestly going there with this BS. Now my fear for MOS 2 is that now it will turn into SUperman returns again or worse a Romantic Comedy with Superman in it.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So long as people go in expecting a good ELSEWORLD'S tale and not Pre or Post Crises Supes or New 52 Superman (though getting a character that's somewhere in-between Post Crises and New 52 Superman), I think they'll be find. Don't worry. We'll ALWAYS have Christopher and John Williams' theme and the comic Superman. So long as you keep holding onto them and remember them and buy their stuff and defend them, they'll ALWAYS be with you.

However, there's also room for THIS Superman, and, at least he's closer to the source material and has more of a basis for being how he is IN that source material than Robert Downy Junior's Ironman, as much as he too is a great What If Take on comic Tony.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry i am just getting tired of the fanbase and its hypocrisy, its has if they wanted this Superman to be comic book Superman in 5 minutes when he was only Superman for two days. Just sick of this BS we much dickride Silver Age we must Dickride Donnerman. I mean these fans are bashing has if they want another reboot. I will not wait 10 years for another Superman film i refuse that bullshit.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drudox19 said:

Do people not get that MOS is the first film it isn't a third or second one yet and where losing are shit over a Superman that has been superman for what 2 DAYS!!!!!!! This is why these complaints anger me the fans tell me superman is relatable then when a film does that they want him to be mr perfect Silver Age Superman over night even though he was Superman for 2 days.

Dude,seriously! sometimes i dont get people....and im one of the diehard superman fans,i was really pleased with the film.

@drudox19 said:

or worse a Romantic Comedy with Superman in it.

Lol just thinking about this made me crack up..

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What pisses me off even more is this unrealistic construct of Superman as some doe eyed epitome of humanity's projection of good. As some guy on this forum said he is SUPERman NOT PERFECTman. The onus of Super is on the superhuman abilities not the erasing of his human flaws.

Moreover it's not the 1950's , clinging on to a Silver age depiction just doesn't resonate with people anymore. Times change , audience change, and fictional characters evolve as well. If people want a superman who flies into trees to get cats for elderly women then they should perhaps make their own movies and see what critics will say about that. It's absurd to make a naive superman in this day and age. He like any other normal human who puts himself in harm's way be it police, fire departments understands that there are sacrifices and deaths and that is what Zod was a tradeoff, either kill one or kill billions.He made the right call.It's not like it's the first time he killed Zod read the link below and realise MoS critics are hypocrites

http://screenrant.com/man-steel-ending-superman-kills-zod-death-discussion/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.