The science of Superman

#1 Posted by SuperEnd (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Most have probably seen it already. Just found this interesting, so I wanted to share

#2 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, "the science of Superman".....absolutely non-existent.

#3 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2221 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything he does is based on EM fields, from his strength, invulnerability, flight, and even his crazy ability to keep things from falling apart when he lifts them.

#4 Posted by kapitein_zeppos (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I always felt there was a problem with the solar origin of his powers. It seems to me that Superman gains his powers from merely being exposed to solar radiation without any relationship between the amount of radiation he gets and the amount of energy he expends when using his powers. This energy must come from somewhere. There is only so much energy Superman could possibly accumulate to fuel his powers, the direct sunlight energy he absorbs would not be very high. Even if he was highly efficient at capturing solar radiation and store it without any loss, he'd probably use up decades of accumulated solar energy using even a fraction of his full powers. To keep his powers really tipped up he'd have to be almost permanently sun dipping and absorbing as much radiation as possible, probably moving to the other side of the world at night to squeeze every last joule out of the solar radiation.

#5 Edited by MajesticSuperMiracleHyperionTheTitanGladiator (20 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate public forums and am no longer here.

#6 Edited by SuperEnd (89 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what, I always wondered, how does Superman see with his heatvision. Supposedly, all he sees is red and a red dot right at the center of his vision

#7 Edited by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep almost everything said in this video are complete ass-pulls

#10 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

A good addition to this topic.

#11 Posted by PowerWoman (3364 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's power isnt need our science

#12 Posted by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

A good addition to this topic.

Did it take into account his super-strength?

#13 Posted by shieldzeal (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, comics are basically junk science! Whoda thought?

#14 Posted by consolemaster001 (5580 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.