Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

The reason why non one notice that Clark Kent is Superman.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Think about it; he and Superman look suspiciously alike, have never seen together and a number of Superman's civilian friends are also friends of Clark Kent. Kent's nerdiness might be a case of Obfuscating Stupidity

• Impossible. Clark Kent wears glasses. If Clark Kent took off his glasses, he couldn't see. Superman doesn't wear glasses. Superman can see. Therefore, Clark Kent is not Superman.
      • Maybe he wears contacts
        • Or maybe they just happen to look alike. Clark maybe a bumbling oaf, but he is an investigative journalist. Superman is an alien from a hyper-advanced world. Give Them some credit. The guies of WEARING GLASSES won't fool anyone, least of all these two.
        • If he wore contacts then he wouldn't be able to use his heat vision.
        • Unless he had some sort of heat-vision-proof glass/plastic. Maybe something leftover from Krypton?
    • Also, Superman never lies. If he was pretending to be a mild-mannered reporter, he would all but have to lie. The guy was brutally honest enough to tell a fully clothed Lois Lane that he was using his x-ray vision to look at her underwear!
      • How do you know he's not lying about never lying? For all we know everything could be an intricate web of lies created by this possibly dangerous alien trying to made us trust him, and then destroy the world, or something.
        • ... That you Lex?
        • ...... no
    • Next you'll all be saying that Bruce Wayne is the Batman...
    • Now that you mention it...
      • Batman is everyone but Bruce Wayne.
    • Jossed. A few minutes ago, Stephen Colbert took off his glasses and gave himself a coif, and he looked exactly like Superman. (No, seriously, he does. It'suncanny. Seen at 1:45.)
    • This is insane. Why would Superman, who is nearly a god, spend 40 hours a week playing reporter when he could spend all that time catching bad guys, deposing evil dictators, etc.? The very idea that Superman has a secret identity is just ridiculous.
    • Superman and Clark Kent have too been seen in the same place at the same time. Now Clark Kent and Batman...
    • And Bruce Wayne is Superman. I mean, if you had Superman's powers, and were making a secret identity for yourself, wouldn't you make yourself rich and powerful and live in a mansion and date tons of beautiful women?
    • Jossed. I mean, look at those glasses! Superman doesn't wear glasses!
    • A mild-mannered reporter who keeps losing interviews to that Lane girl... is Superman? He doesn't even have a coiff! My money's on Stephen Colbert. I have heard that Clark's been seen sneaking out at night in blue and red pajamas, but there hasn't been any picture evidence, and it's only hearsay that he caught a steel girder once with his bare hands. With that evidence, he sounds a lot like Spider-Man. Maybe he and Stephen just switch off patrol areas to have an alibi.

Belive it or not, even if people find out that Superman is Clark Kent ,would find a reason to belive is actually another guy.

People would never belive Superman is Clark Kent.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By BatteredArmor

.........your post.....are always so much fun
    Avatar image for metropoliskid41
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MetropolisKid41

I get your post is sarcastic. However, Byrne did address a lot of those points in his Man of Steel relaunch post-Crisis. Superman vibrates his molecules (like the Flash) so that his face always looks blurry, and Lex Luthor found out his identity but refused to believe/failed to understand why the most powerful man on earth would lower himself to a mild mannered, quiet (in Lex's eyes weak) human who is laughed at.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@MetropolisKid41 said:

I get your post is sarcastic. However, Byrne did address a lot of those points in his Man of Steel relaunch post-Crisis. Superman vibrates his molecules (like the Flash) so that his face always looks blurry, and Lex Luthor found out his identity but refused to believe/failed to understand why the most powerful man on earth would lower himself to a mild mannered, quiet (in Lex's eyes weak) human who is laughed at.

I am being honest, if you notice, many people find that Bruce Wayne or Lex Luthor being Superman with more sense, the whole idea is to show that on the DC Internet, people talks about who Superman is and how does the Superman fame, helps him better as a mask, that any mask.

Many people could talk about all the Superheroes, but since they will always find out weird things they would find to hard to belive that Bruce Wayne is Batman, also their mind fantasies make them other guys, since Bruce Wayne is a Billionare Prick and Clark is a Nerd, no one would belive those two are heroes.

tchrevor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5  Edited By tchrevor

Nobody was looking at Superman's face; the red shorts were there specifically to draw eyes to his crotch (which I assume must be -ahem- "impressive"). Now that the re-design has eliminated the trunks, I don't know what's going to happen.

Avatar image for nightwalkerrevan
    NightwalkerRevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NightwalkerRevan

Of course explains can always been given, but in reality glasses (even with 'stopped walk, higher octave voice' etc) would never fool those who regular met and see Clark as both Clark Kent and Superman, it just wouldn't fool them. But in the end it's just one of those conventions that comes with the territory, when Clark wears the glasses no one can recognize he's Superman. Just is, and it's more enjoyable to just accept that that is a fact in the DC universe. At least it's a better disguise then He-Man's in the 80's cartoon, there Prince Adam just got a slight tan and that was it lol

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@tchrevor said:

Nobody was looking at Superman's face; the red shorts were there specifically to draw eyes to his crotch (which I assume must be -ahem- "impressive"). Now that the re-design has eliminated the trunks, I don't know what's going to happen.

I thjink is more impressive in blue, for thje same it helps him more, hahahaha.....

@NightwalkerRevan said:

Of course explains can always been given, but in reality glasses (even with 'stopped walk, higher octave voice' etc) would never fool those who regular met and see Clark as both Clark Kent and Superman, it just wouldn't fool them. But in the end it's just one of those conventions that comes with the territory, when Clark wears the glasses no one can recognize he's Superman. Just is, and it's more enjoyable to just accept that that is a fact in the DC universe. At least it's a better disguise then He-Man's in the 80's cartoon, there Prince Adam just got a slight tan and that was it lol

Bad guy:I swear it Skeletor, hat He Man is Prinde Adam, look at his green cat

Skeletor:That green cat is using a mask, Prince Adam cat dont use a mask-

I think everybody knew Prince Adam was He Man, they just play dumb, becuase his "leather costume" and pink shirt, also all his Village People disk, they dont want to se the truth.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By buttersdaman000

I like John Brynes (?) view on why nobody ever seems to realize that Clark is Superman (He vibrates his face)

jjcoe9198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jjcoe9198

I just think it could be handled much better than it has been in the past. Since Clark can move incredibly fast, capturing a clear image of his face would be very difficult. There was a story awhile back in which Clark forgot to remove his wedding ring whilst saving the day, and the next day's headlines read "Who is Mrs. Superman?!". When The Man of Steel is released, I think Snyder will have address the issue at some point in the film. Its forgivable in a medium like comics, but even in Donner's films, the whole thing comes off as absurd.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By majestic99

You're overanalyzing, it's a comic, if noone notices noone notices.

In Jimmy Neutron they're able to talk in space(where there is no air for sound waves to travel through), in spongebob, there they have a fire department(under water). But noone questions. Why?It's just part of the plot. It's called suspension of disbelief. Who cares if noone notices?Superman is an awesome character nonetheless.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.