Tell me why Superman: Secret Origin is good?

#1 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello all. Recently, I finished Superman: Secret Origin by Geoff Johns, Gary Frank, and Jon Sibal, with an introduction by David S. Goyer, and I thought it was good.

However, since I've just finished reading it, I think I need other people's opinions on it to help shape my own before they solidify and to help them solidify.

I'd prefer if it was as analytical and break downish as Superhero Rewind is on youtube, because I like the way the Captain breaks it down and gets under the hood of why something works, why it doesn't, why it CAN and SHOULD work, but what mistakes keep it from reaching that potential.

So, without further adieu, can someone tell me why Superman: Secret Origin is good?

#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21843 posts) - - Show Bio

The ART

#4 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21843 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite:

are you kidding art is 50% if not more of the comic book.

#6 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a fun story if you like the Donner films and a little bit of silver age corniness. The art is fantastic but i dont like metallo's costume of Parasites origin. Superman:SEO doesnt match up to the John bryne origin(which is by far the best Superman origin story). But, i did enjoy it better than Birthright(which i found a bit boring and uninteresting).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.