Taking down Superman.

• 192 results
#1 Posted by Spectrum (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

What team out of the DC universe heros could kill Superman and how.

What team out of the DC universe Villains could kill Superman and how.

What team out of the Marvel universe heros could kill Superman and how.

What team out of the Marvel universe villains could kill Superman and how.

and then al together as one big team who could do it, id prefer no cosmic beings

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Heroes from DC to kill Superman - off hand i can think of 3600 of them, not counting their 'masters' lol

Villains from DC to kill Superman - Sinestro, Cyborg Superman (i reckon he could probably do it), Parallax... (probably more but those are the ones i can think of)

no idea for marvel

M

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by Owen_Porter (83293 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Heroes from DC to kill Superman - off hand i can think of 3600 of them, not counting their 'masters' lolVillains from DC to kill Superman - Sinestro, Cyborg Superman (i reckon he could probably do it), Parallax... (probably more but those are the ones i can think of)no idea for marvelM"

I doubt the GL corps could kill Superman to be honest. He can move faster then they can think. Can Superman be killed? I mean didn't Doomsday kill him and he came back? Maybe he's immortal.

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

oh yeah, 90% of the Authority lol

M

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I doubt the GL corps could kill Superman to be honest. He can move faster then they can think. Can Superman be killed? I mean didn't Doomsday kill him and he came back? Maybe he's immortal."

i was going on the basis that any green lantern can create Kryptonite with a thought...

on the basis of, can he be killed... dunno, he might be one of the true immortals in the DCU...

oh, forgot to put Oblivion in my list, though he isn't a current villian, he probably got closer than anyone bar Darksied and Doomsday

M

#7 Posted by Spectrum (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

right i think, Wonder Women, Bats, Atom, Flash and Green Lantern, WW, Bats Flash and GL would act as a distaction while Atom was able to get inside of big blue and kill him fom the inside out

#8 Posted by Owen_Porter (83293 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Gambler says:
"I doubt the GL corps could kill Superman to be honest. He can move faster then they can think. Can Superman be killed? I mean didn't Doomsday kill him and he came back? Maybe he's immortal."

i was going on the basis that any green lantern can create Kryptonite with a thought...

on the basis of, can he be killed... dunno, he might be one of the true immortals in the DCU...

oh, forgot to put Oblivion in my list, though he isn't a current villian, he probably got closer than anyone bar Darksied and Doomsday

M"

Out of those 3600 how many would be able to keep up the level of concentration it would take to stay focused while THEE Man of Steel was bearing down on them? Not saying they couldn't do it just saying I hate the GL core.

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

It's cuz they're green isn't it? Racist.

#10 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"It's cuz they're green isn't it? Racist."

Wait a minute! I hope your're kidding, because I thought Gambler was my friend, and I am Green.

#11 Posted by Owen_Porter (83293 posts) - - Show Bio

Its my secret shame.

#12 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman came back from the 'dead' as his body continued to absorb solar energy and this caused his cellular regeneration to occur.

I don't think he could regenerate a missing arm or the like or convert his body back from a transformation/transmutation in to another form or material. The best way to pull this off is to attack him with magic as it tends to by pass his invulnerability.

H is also susceptible to mind control - especially specific types (Max's messing with his mind causing the Wonder Woman fight).

The use of Kryptonite to weaken him, even if it did not kill him.

There are many ways and many characters of sufficient power to kill him.

#13 Posted by Owen_Porter (83293 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"Gambler says:
"Its my secret shame. "

FOR SHAME FOR SHAME"

Shut up ya dirty green bastard.

#14 Posted by Spectrum (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Its my secret shame. "

FOR SHAME FOR SHAME

#15 Posted by Spectrum (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Spectrum says:
"Gambler says:
"Its my secret shame. "
FOR SHAME FOR SHAME"
Shut up ya dirty green bastard."

WELL I NEVER, HMPH, WALKS OUT OF ROOM, LMAO

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok...

Dr Fate

Zatarra

the elite of the GLC

Cap Marvel

M

#17 Posted by Spectrum (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"ok... Dr Fate Zatarra the elite of the GLC Cap Marvel M"

Captain Marvel, forgot him also forgot all the magicains,

#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"right i think, Wonder Women, Bats, Atom, Flash and Green Lantern, WW, Bats Flash and GL would act as a distaction while Atom was able to get inside of big blue and kill him fom the inside out"

Wonder Woman - In battle armour with sword possibly... very slight chance she would win...

Batman - Nope

Atom - Nope

Flash - aside from flinging him into the speed force, nope

Green Lantern - yeah, i can see the experienced GL's taking big blue down

M

#19 Posted by Owen_Porter (83293 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"ok...Dr FateZatarrathe elite of the GLCCap MarvelM"

Wanda Maximoff, Brainaic, Kryptonite Man, Zod.

#20 Posted by Spectrum (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Spectrum says:
"right i think, Wonder Women, Bats, Atom, Flash and Green Lantern, WW, Bats Flash and GL would act as a distaction while Atom was able to get inside of big blue and kill him fom the inside out"
Wonder Woman - In battle armour with sword possibly... very slight chance she would win... Batman - Nope Atom - Nope Flash - aside from flinging him into the speed force, nope Green Lantern - yeah, i can see the experienced GL's taking big blue down M"

i meant as a team

#21 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Methos says:
"ok...Dr FateZatarrathe elite of the GLCCap MarvelM"

Wanda Maximoff, Brainaic, Kryptonite Man, Zod."

Wanda definitely... though is she really using 'Magic' or is her a genetic mutation?

Braniac... i can't really see that one...

K-man... yup lol

Zod... forgot about him, DOH!

M

#22 Posted by Owen_Porter (83293 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men with Professor X might have a shot. If any of them can buy enough time for either Emma or Xavier to get inside his head, but thats a BIG if.

#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"Methos says:
"Spectrum says:
Wonder Woman - In battle armour with sword possibly... very slight chance she would win... Batman - Nope Atom - Nope Flash - aside from flinging him into the speed force, nope Green Lantern - yeah, i can see the experienced GL's taking big blue down M"

i meant as a team

"

the team could work, aside from atom getting inside to kill him... that wouldn't work

M

#24 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Posted by Owen_Porter (83293 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/6000/5377/189268-eradicator_400.jpg
" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/6000/5377/153144-eradicator_400.jpg"

Cool pics.

#26 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

#27 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

his 'inner' muscles are as strong as their outer muscles... he's just as indestructible on the inside as he is from the outside

M

#28 Posted by Spectrum (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Spectrum says:
"Methos says:
"Spectrum says:
i meant as a team "
the team could work, aside from atom getting inside to kill him... that wouldn't work M"

why not???

#29 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2047/124668-martian-manhunter_400.jpg"

roflol... thats a brilliant image :D

M

#30 Posted by Owen_Porter (83293 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2047/124668-martian-manhunter_400.jpg"

$#@!ing greenys, cant stand em.

#31 Posted by Spectrum (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"his 'inner' muscles are as strong as their outer muscles... he's just as indestructible on the inside as he is from the outside M"

indeed, and yeah MMH would do on that team aswell

#32 Posted by Spectrum (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Buckshot says:
$#@!ing greenys, cant stand em."

well the first step is admiting it, LMAO

#33 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian would be one of the contenders to give him a run for his money...

M

#34 Posted by Spectrum (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/6000/5377/153144-eradicator_400.jpg"

Whos is that??????

Methos says:

"Martian would be one of the contenders to give him a run for his money... M"

yeah, right here the team, although we still have to go over villains aswell,

Xvair, Jean Gray, Emma Frost, Wonder Women, Batman (just because hes his friend and would give them all time) ,MMH, Flash cause hes cool, Wanda M,

#35 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"Buckshot says:

Whos is that??????"

Eradicator... he's close, but i don't think he could kill Superman

M

#36 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could if he used his energy and matter manipulation.

#37 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

possibly... he's gone toe to toe with people not as powerful as superman as lost...

i just don't think he's in Superman's league

M

#38 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Martian Manhunter could do it himself. Turn intangible and invisible, fly towards him, rip something out. Sound bout right.

#39 Posted by Lantern Prime (13045 posts) - - Show Bio

Xavier will make Superman fly into Earths core!

#40 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

SoundWave07 says:

"Xavier will make Superman fly into Earths core!"

and then you've got superman at the earths core... not gonna kill him lol

M

#41 Posted by Spectrum (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"SoundWave07 says:
"Xavier will make Superman fly into Earths core!"
and then you've got superman at the earths core... not gonna kill him lol M"

then hed be hot and pissed, not good

#42 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange, Clea, Chthon, the Ancient One, Dormammu, Silver Surfer... i think each one of them could do it all by themselves

#43 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

don't think Surfer could do it...

Strange probably could

M

#44 Posted by Owen_Porter (83293 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler, Buckshot, Sling Shot, D-Man, Apparition, Methos. I think any of those well thought out characters could take em down by themselves lol.
Post Edited:2007-08-13 15:35:13

#45 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Send in The Doctor...

he goes back in time and stops Krypton from exploding... no Superman... Job done lol

M

#46 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

without even trying

#47 Posted by Spectrum (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Gambler says:
"Gambler, Buckshot, Sling Shot, D-Man, Apparition, Methos. I think any of those well thought out characters could take em down by themselves lol.
Post Edited:2007-08-13 15:35:13"
i'd whoop supes"

No, no you wouldnt....

shakes head

#48 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Gambler, Buckshot, Sling Shot, D-Man, Apparition, Methos. I think any of those well thought out characters could take em down by themselves lol.

i'd whoop supes

#49 Posted by Spectrum (4467 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

yes i would agree with that list........ HEY

#50 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Surfer could do it. It definately wouldn't be easy, though. Strange beats Supes within 5 seconds. Dormammu probably too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.