Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Supermen of America Decoder Dial

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Jekylhyde14

Recently I got a copy of Superman #133 ("Superman Joins the Army") off ebay, and in it there's a secret message for members of the Supermen of America fan club. I sort of made a mental note to maybe try and figure out how to decode it sometime later. That's when I remembered about my issue of Supermen of America #1 from back in March of  '99. It came with a Supermen of America membership kit and a decoder dial for secret messages. I figured that despite the fact these two issue have 40 years between them, that maybe the decoder dial from '99 would work for a secret message from '59. Well, I tried it out today and it didn't seem to work. Does anybody know if the '99 decoder dial is really the same as the classic one? If it is, what am I doing wrong? And, if it isn't, does anyone know where or how I can find the classis one? Thanks.

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Jekylhyde14

I don't own either Superman #133 or Supermen of America #1 anymore, but I'm still disappointed that no one could ever answer this one. I still have no clue and I've had many old issues of Superman pass through my fingers. I wonder where all these vintage decoders went to? Somebody has to have one in an attic somewhere...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.