Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman/Wonder Woman Appreciation Thread

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@primebonnick:

Phew… Now I’m calm; that reads like someone wishful thinking, not official article with spoilers. From what I seen so far, Lois might one of prominent villainess in Doomed, but certainly not the driving force of this event.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick:

Phew… Now I’m calm; that reads like someone wishful thinking, not official article with spoilers. From what I seen so far, Lois might one of prominent villainess in Doomed, but certainly not the driving force of this event.

oh thank lord for clearing that up for me.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By Super-Wonder
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

These were some nice additions from the CBR board

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By DianaXKal
    No Caption Provided

Superman/Wonder Woman #8 Variant Cover <3

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super-wonder:

Superman in Sun-and-Moon T-shirt relaxing in club with the woman he loves – after nuclear explosion this is my favorite moment in SM/WW. Plus I just recently finished Azzarello’s run and in it Diana looked like … outsider, I guess, in similar situation. Must say I prefer how Soule wrote her – organic, not so awkward, just enjoying her life for a change.

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#406  Edited By Anthonior

"You're all I've been thinking about..."

No Caption Provided

KaraZorL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By KaraZorL

@primebonnick:

Actually, it's official article with spoilers. This interview Pak. Not only he talks about the great role of Lois in Superman: Doomed. Lobdell and Soule confirmed her role in crossover.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karazorl:

1. Hmm ?.. Just in my post (which you’re quoted) I said (and I agree with you) that Lois will have a prominent role in Doomed event.

2. Now I know that we shouldn’t judge comics by their covers, but with Lois being possessed by Brainiac (or something like that) I starting to suspect that she would be a villain here – and that not to my liking.

3. All authors promote their comics and characters in them. Pak already promoted Lois, Lana, Steel and promised some Batman and Diana’s moments.

4. I meant that part with Lois defeating Superdoom looks to me just like musings of fans and not an actual spoiler.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthonior said:

"You're all I've been thinking about..."

No Caption Provided

Does anyone have painted HD version of this pic without speech bubbles?

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we found Lois's role...a catfight.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #10

Written by CHARLES SOULE

Art by TONY S. DANIEL and MATT BANNING

Cover by TONY S. DANIEL

BATMAN 75 variant cover

On sale JULY 9 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

Twelfth level intellect Lois Lane uses all her new Psi Power against the God of War, Diana, in the ultimate showdown! And Superman must go up against the new Cyborg Superman as an invading armada arrives in space!

KaraZorL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karazorl:

1. Hmm ?.. Just in my post (which you’re quoted) I said (and I agree with you) that Lois will have a prominent role in Doomed event.

2. Now I know that we shouldn’t judge comics by their covers, but with Lois being possessed by Brainiac (or something like that) I starting to suspect that she would be a villain here – and that not to my liking.

3. All authors promote their comics and characters in them. Pak already promoted Lois, Lana, Steel and promised some Batman and Diana’s moments.

4. I meant that part with Lois defeating Superdoom looks to me just like musings of fans and not an actual spoiler.

I read an interview in which was said that Lois can win Superdoom. But I don't remember who said it.

I don't like the fact that Superman's the best friend became his enemy. But will be interesting how it all will end. Besides, for the first time in history will see a battle between Superman and Lois Lane.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we found Lois's role...a catfight.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #10

Written by CHARLES SOULE

Art by TONY S. DANIEL and MATT BANNING

Cover by TONY S. DANIEL

BATMAN 75 variant cover

On sale JULY 9 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

Twelfth level intellect Lois Lane uses all her new Psi Power against the God of War, Diana, in the ultimate showdown! And Superman must go up against the new Cyborg Superman as an invading armada arrives in space!

I was hoping for no Lois appearances in this book ughh

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By SanoHibiki

@karazorl:

I read an interview in which was said that Lois can win Superdoom.

Lois by herself – nope; Lois in full control of her New-52 psionic powers and with Brainiac intelligence – have a good chance to win; would that be climax of Doomed event – I doubt that.

I don't like the fact that Superman's the best friend became his enemy.

Lois at her best when she portrayed as tough army brat and talented investigating journalist IMO, so all this Meta-Lois stuff meh for me.

for the first time in history will see a battle between Superman and Lois Lane

Are you sure it will be first time? I swear once I saw scans with SM vs LL fight…

@grenadeflow said:

I was hoping for no Lois appearances in this book ughh

To tell the truth, I too, but since the beginning of SM/WW book Soule promised to use most known supporting cast of both Supes and Di, so in the end it was inevitable.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415  Edited By ArchiZoom

Lois by herself – nope; Lois in full control of her New-52 psionic powers and with Brainiac intelligence – have a good chance to win; would that be climax of Doomed event – I doubt that.

With her psionic powers she can easily defeat Superman. Queen Bee did it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#416  Edited By SaintWildcard
    Meow. Catfight
    Meow. Catfight

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The end is nigh for this relationship I think. The worst part about it coming to an end, imo, is that Superman will inevitably drift back to Lois. If she wasnt in the picture, id be sad about my OTP splitting up, but at least I wouldnt have to deal with an 80 year old plot being rehashed.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418  Edited By SanoHibiki

@archizoom said:

With her psionic powers she can easily defeat Superman. Queen Bee did it.

We were talking about Superdoom, not your everyday Supes.

No Caption Provided

Who knows if such monster can be even bothered by psionic…

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Please no Lois, please, god!

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The end is nigh for this relationship I think. The worst part about it coming to an end, imo, is that Superman will inevitably drift back to Lois. If she wasnt in the picture, id be sad about my OTP splitting up, but at least I wouldnt have to deal with an 80 year old plot being rehashed.

nah man the end is still leagues away at least i hope so.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#421  Edited By Squalleon

@deaditegonzo said:

I am pretty sure the end for this relationship will come when Geoff Johns decides to finish his Justice League run or after Luthor leaves the Justice League. Nor Soule or Lobdell or Pak can make that decision.And to be honest I give it another year and maybe a year and a half max.

I personally don't want Superman to go back to Lois so quickly, I love Lois she is one of the best supporting characters in the world but Superman had been married to her for way more than a decade and since I don't see DC giving Supes a kid, the relationship will became stale again, with Lois being lost in the background like it was pre-52. So either go another way and introduce Maxima (please!) or go the Lana road.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

So either go another way and introduce Maxima (please!) or go the Lana road.

Personally, I gonna support SM/WW as long as it lasts, but nevertheless, I like this idea.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

Personally, I gonna support SM/WW as long as it lasts, but nevertheless, I like this idea.

They gots to let a player play not tie him to a ball and chain so soon again

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@squalleon:

I like the SM/WW pairing too , It made so much sense to me all those years. I think the only reason people react so bad to it, is because it lacks proper build-up. I mean if Johns had set it a little bit better, hinted it and didn't make it look like two lonely souls, settle for each other to stop feeling lonely then I believe there wouldn't be as much complains as now.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lois aint going back to Supes anytime soon based on Jeffs thing with Wonder Woman now. They are making her Batman status by making her hooked up with Supes.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick said:

@deaditegonzo said:

I am pretty sure the end for this relationship will come when Geoff Johns decides to finish his Justice League run or after Luthor leaves the Justice League. Nor Soule or Lobdell or Pak can make that decision.And to be honest I give it another year and maybe a year and a half max.

I personally don't want Superman to go back to Lois so quickly, I love Lois she is one of the best supporting characters in the world but Superman had been married to her for way more than a decade and since I don't see DC giving Supes a kid, the relationship will became stale again, with Lois being lost in the background like it was pre-52. So either go another way and introduce Maxima (please!) or go the Lana road.

ohh man hell yea bout time supes and maxima hook up (not being an else world like in pre 52). Wait i thought he and lana already dated? still i don't mind if he goes back to her too but yes let SM/WW go as far as it can.

Avatar image for if_lookscankill
    if_looksCanKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I way enjoying the SM/WW run, well hopefully they can still keep the title running while their just friends.

if_looksCanKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also to add, I don't get why Diana calls Superman Clark instead of Kal? Only a few refer him as Kal or Kal-El, and among that few was Diana! So why change that continuity, and it's also a great way to differentiate the relationship between SM/WW from SM/LL.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also to add, I don't get why Diana calls Superman Clark instead of Kal? Only a few refer him as Kal or Kal-El, and among that few was Diana! So why change that continuity, and it's also a great way to differentiate the relationship between SM/WW from SM/LL.

Because Clark is human, he was raised by us and grew up with us. The way I see it he was always human but born with those powers. So in reality I don't see why no one from earth would call him Kal

if_looksCanKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430  Edited By if_looksCanKill

Yes I understand your logic, but Diana is no ordinary human. I could understand Bruce calling him Clark, but there was a good continuity with Diana calling Kal since people rarely refer him to that. It just add more layers to their friendship.

And like I said earlier "it's also a great way to differentiate the relationship between SM/WW from SM/LL."

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431  Edited By SanoHibiki

Am I the only with still not working notifications ?..

@squalleon said:

Yeah, “we, lonely outsiders, must stick together” isn’t the best possible ground for starting relationship – but also not the worst. And indeed, it would have calmed some of complaining people. But majority of complainers is Clois’ fans, so, in the end, it wouldn’t solve all problems with SM/WW acceptance.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By SanoHibiki
    No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: That gif makes me wanna hit the gym..... someday

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehipkid said:

@sanohibiki: That gif makes me wanna hit the gym..... someday

I tried couple of times in past already – it didn’t work out for me :(

However hard I tried, I always look more like Neo than Superman.

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By Anthonior

No Caption Provided

There's the continuation and it's Canon!! Superman & Wonder Woman romantic relationship it's canon and hope it will be for more years.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437  Edited By SanoHibiki

@anthonior said:

No Caption Provided

There's the continuation and it's Canon!! Superman & Wonder Woman romantic relationship it's canon and hope it will be for more years.

No Caption Provided

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438  Edited By SanoHibiki

That’s not exactly SM/WW material, but still, those two now are most important girls in his life, so…

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for covertrevulsion
    CovertRevulsion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Saw this gif on tumblr and I absolutely love it.

Avatar image for dragonairbuttcrack
    dragonairbuttcrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Can someone please tell me which issue this is from.....probably not the new 52, tony s daniel's art yes?

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Can someone please tell me which issue this is from.....probably not the new 52, tony s daniel's art yes?

Is she even Diana? Because with the short hair I'm not really sure...

dragonairbuttcrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthonior: no its probably lois...I can't find which issue this is from. I'm all for clark and diana though :)

ScarletTanager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443  Edited By ScarletTanager
    Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444  Edited By Anthonior
    No Caption Provided

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445  Edited By Anthonior
    No Caption Provided

dragonairbuttcrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlettanager: thanks mate, i've been looking for this issue for a while now.

The solicits for august are out people!! Superman/Wonder Woman 11 promises a serious showdown. WW minus her bracelets vs Super-Doom or whatever we are calling him now.

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447  Edited By Anthonior

@scarlettanager: thanks mate, i've been looking for this issue for a while now.

The solicits for august are out people!! Superman/Wonder Woman 11 promises a serious showdown. WW minus her bracelets vs Super-Doom or whatever we are calling him now.

No Caption Provided

Well this is a WIP for Superman & Wonder Woman #9 by Tony Daniel, Diana already going God Mode. It looks really cool.

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448  Edited By Anthonior
    No Caption Provided

Superman & Wonder Woman Futures end cover.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthonior:

Superman & Wonder Woman Futures end cover.

Gotta say, I like first cover better than second.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..Not much chat about Issue 8----- everyone bored with it?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.