Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman/Wonder Woman Appreciation Thread

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By johnqestion

Issue #6 was amazing, wasn't it? Wow. That last page. Can tell the last time I saw a page that made me react the way I did when I saw that.

No Caption Provided

Also this was a great moment.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnqestion:

Issue #6 was amazing, wasn't it? Wow. That last page. Can tell the last time I saw a page that made me react the way I did when I saw that.

It certainly was (except a little setback with fight). Soule brought together all storylines and subplots rather nicely, I liked how he included all those easter-eggs and, oh, my girlfriend burst into tears at last several pages. Soule certainly having a blast writing this book.

iMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I've been dying to catch up to this point but I'm not sure exactly where I should place it in the reading order .. I tried to mix and match the Marvel Infinity War timeline with all the titles available and I ended up reading things way out of order. I'd like to avoid that this time, anyone know where they'd place it? Feel free to send me a PM. I appreciate the help guys!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I had to post this
    I had to post this

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soule said this about Diana's line at the end

MSG: The last line between Kal and Diana is pretty much everything fans of both characters have been waiting for — that classic Han Solo moment. Digging in a bit, is it just Diana’s wicked sense of humor at play, or is there a genuine imbalance to their relationship?

CS: It’s not something I’m going to let drop. When you say “I love you” to someone and they don’t say it back — no matter what cute thing they say to you — it sticks in your mind. So, Superman will definitely be thinking about it.

As far as why she said that and why she did it, I think that Diana is slightly less familiar with the idea of romantic love than Superman is. Superman has been on Earth. He’s probably had his schoolboy crushes and all that. He’s probably dated people before Diana. And she’s probably relatively new to this dynamic, in my opinion and in the way I’m writing her. With everything else they have going on, and the dude saying “I love you” — it’s not that she doesn’t feel it too. It’s that she’s probably processing a lot at that moment. I think it’s a lot for her to handle, considering they were just beaten half to death and are stuck in a nuclear power plant while Zod and Faora are out to destroy the world.

We’ll see how it plays out, but it’s one of those great moments that you can use to build some conflict and tension going forward in the series, hopefully in a good way.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the series.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#358  Edited By Superguy1591

CK wants to save everyone, even the woman that doesn't need saving. ='(

I caught feels, man! Next issue, Diana has to protect him.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to post this
    I had to post this

ITS SO FREAKING TRUE! LoL

Honestly, I dont know how people like the Clark + Lois pairing, other than the fact that they may just hate change in general.

Even though Superman is easily in my top 5 characters, even if he and WW split, I hope he never gets with Lois. She's just a weakly written character and a plot device. If he cant be with Wondy, id like to see him with Zatanna.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I love the idea of them together.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By Nox_Arc

@erik said:

I love the idea of them together.

Can't lie, it's been growing on me.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

That strange feeling when you’re on the same wavelength with Homer Simpson.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Yeah, Paulo likes em thick! Just shy of Frank Cho LOL

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#369  Edited By Press Oblivion
    No Caption Provided

Been a while since I've posted in these parts . . .

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOULE LOOKS TO SUBVERT EXPECTATIONS WITH "SUPERMAN: DOOMED"

Let's get into the books, starting with "Superman/Wonder Woman" -- it was clear that some people had a distinct perception of that series before it even came out. Now that the actual work has come out, that notion has seemed to dissolve. How annoyed were you at that initial reaction, and do you think it's been satisfactorily overcome?

I don't think that's a "Superman/Wonder Woman" [thing]. I think whenever you have a new title announced that's something different that people haven't seen before, they like to put things in boxes, so they're like, "This is probably going to be this," and then people start talking about it that way. People like to talk about things. "Superman/Wonder Woman," people expected I guess a lot of romance, or maybe something that wasn't emotionally deep. Who knows?

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter, because the book is what the book is -- which is a huge superhero epic action book that happens to have a strong relationship at its core, between two of the coolest characters in the DC Universe. That's what it is, everybody knows what it is now, and it's going to stay in that vein. I'm very happy with the way the book's come together. This whole weekend, people have been coming up to my booth, being thrilled.

Those are two of the biggest characters in any type of fiction, being presented in a slightly different context, since there is the romance element, which hasn't really been there before. How much do you enjoy that blend of something that is so established, but in a way that people haven't seen?

I love it. Honestly, that is one of the things that attracted me to this project in the first place, because it was a chance to do something new with characters that everything has been done with, and that does not come along very often. So I jumped on it the minute it was offered. I feel like it's a responsibility, and it's something that I spend a lot of time trying to get right. I obsess over it in a way that I don't obsess over some of the other books, but hopefully that shows in the scripts and the finished product.

Doomsday has been a part of the book since the beginning, and things are now moving to the "Superman: Doomed" crossover. What interested you about Doomsday, and were you reading DC Comics during the original "Death of Superman" back in 1992?

Yes, I was, and that was one of the first big crossover events that really grabbed me as a kid. As far as Doomsday now, it's been more than 20 years since that happened, so this is a chance to take that storyline and subvert people's expectations of it a little bit. It's kind of like "Superman/Wonder Woman" itself -- people think it's going to be X, and we're going to do Y, Z, A, B, C, 1, 2, 3 -- a whole bunch of different things that they're not necessarily expecting to happen. Which is fun. It's part of the process of working on a big event like that. I'm working on it with Greg Pak and Scott Lobdell, and we've really come up with some cool stuff.

With Doomsday, a lot of people have a specific reaction to that character as a negative product of the '90s. Is the mission statement at least partly to defy that?

It is. My real Doomsday experience prior to this was just the "Death" and "Return" story. I know that he came back a bunch of times, sort of with diminishing returns with each appearance. We're very aware of the history of Doomsday, and we're trying -- and I think succeeding -- in doing something that is going to be familiar in the ways you want it to feel familiar, but also new and cool and interesting in a way that makes it worth doing the event. That's really what everybody wants. They want to read something that feels like it's worth the time; that matters. That feels like they're taking on a journey by confident creators who know what they're doing, and that's what we've got.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i swear it is a shame maxima will miss out of the big Doomsday Clash, but at least diana gets in on the action so i can live with that.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By SanoHibiki

PREVIEW: SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #7

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Doomsday has awakened and the Earth and heavens tremble! And discover how Superman and Wonder Woman survived a nuclear blast!

P.S. First scan – there is no escape from Batman :P

Second scan – London being destroyed by rioting Clois and Wonderbats’ shippers.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That pic of them over london though damn i want it on a Tshirt

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The last pages were also great and their time in london during the day as the first page shows, I liked that conversation.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..So how do Superman fans feel about the really beaten up state Superman was in having taken that nuclear blast? Another indication that his New 52 durability, just isn't what it used to be?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@bezza Nah dude, I don't think it's so much the nuke but the condition he was in prior to the point blank nuclear explosion. Clark and Diana allowed themselves to get beaten on for a considerable amount of time by Zod and Faora to power up that armour stuff. After that, Apollo amped them up and they still put up a good fight from the looks of it but were beaten damn near to death man to the point where they could barely move or fly. So basically, dude was almost completely drained when he took that blast.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By SanoHibiki

@bezza:

Considering his state right before the explosion, I really impressed that he survived at all. Also I’m starting to think that his wound threshold and vitality were upped in New-52.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By Bezza

@sanohibiki:

Yeah, but didn't pre New 52 Supes take an explosion equivalent to "A million nuclear blasts" in the Hunter Prey story? Admittedly he wasn't injured like Clark was in this issue, but I was still a little surprised one nuke hurt him that much. Obviously I appreciate only a small number of super-heroes have the durability to tank even one point blank nuclear blast!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#379  Edited By dernman

@bezza Nah dude, I don't think it's so much the nuke but the condition he was in prior to the point blank nuclear explosion. Clark and Diana allowed themselves to get beaten on for a considerable amount of time by Zod and Faora to power up that armour stuff. After that, Apollo amped them up and they still put up a good fight from the looks of it but were beaten damn near to death man to the point where they could barely move or fly. So basically, dude was almost completely drained when he took that blast.

This

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By SanoHibiki

@bezza:

didn't pre New 52 Supes take an explosion equivalent to "A million nuclear blasts" in the Hunter Prey story?

This feat always looked strange to me (much more than benching Earth weight for five days).

1. Hunter/Prey story happened (if I not mistaken) in 1994. There wasn’t long enough time for Superman increase his power levels from Byrne-era to tanking “million nuclear blasts”

2. Sure, I like Superman to be powerful (first among eguals, I always say, in regards of Shazam, Black Adam, etc., except Flash), but not that durable – even hundred of explosions nearly too much IMO. Million is overdoing it.

3. When Byrne started his MOS-miniseries in 1986, Clark was 25 years old. Hunter/Prey happened in 1994, so Pre-New-52 Clark was older (and thus stronger) than his New-52 counterpart – who, by current estimates, is 27-28 years old.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By SaintWildcard
    Totes will be swinging by Hot Topic to get this baby
    Totes will be swinging by Hot Topic to get this baby

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By SanoHibiki
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Some sketches from Tony Daniels.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: Is that face suppose to be Doomsday or Oogie Boogie from the Nightmare Before Christmas.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384  Edited By SanoHibiki

@darkman61288:

On the first scan – Doomsday in background and what looks like Brainiac-possessed Lois, on the second - as far as I can tell, this is some Amazon warrior in Greek helmet, most likely Hessia.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By HushoftheWind

The voice of Wonder Woman prefers another "Man"

you guys can watch the whole interview or you can just go to 10:15 and tell me how you really feel.

*for those who don't know Susan Eisenberg voiced Wonder Woman in the spectacular Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By SaintWildcard
    Brett  Booth-Superwoman
    Brett Booth-Superwoman

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehipkid said:

Brett Booth-Superwoman
    Brett Booth-Superwoman

Wow, who is she? Lucy Lane, some Kryptonian woman, future daughter of Clark and Diana, pointless sketch, etc?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: considering I posted it here it'll should be obvious that it's Clark and Diana's.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By SanoHibiki

@thehipkid:

Better make sure now than be disappointed later :)

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By Kazuma_Bushi

Personally I think almost any relationship besides Lois Lane is a good one for Supes. I've never liked Lois Lane. Wonder Woman and Superman make a good couple IMO, but like others have said I don't think it will last long.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#391  Edited By Bruxae
    No Caption Provided

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By johnqestion

@bezza said:

@sanohibiki:

Yeah, but didn't pre New 52 Supes take an explosion equivalent to "A million nuclear blasts" in the Hunter Prey story? Admittedly he wasn't injured like Clark was in this issue, but I was still a little surprised one nuke hurt him that much. Obviously I appreciate only a small number of super-heroes have the durability to tank even one point blank nuclear blast!

Pre new 52 was in his 30ties and Clark is only 27...dude didn't even start to fly when we first met him. His power grows over time. We can't compare the two. As for bench pressing the earth...that's Lobdell and what does that even mean? He can lift? And as others have pointed out he took a hell of a lot of punishment before the nuke and then shielded Diana with his cape, taking the brunt of the blast and had zero access to sunlight after the blast. Whatever was stored in his cells would have been affected.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By johnqestion

Clark and Diana clubbing. They are not too stuffy and know how to have a good time. WW is so cute here. I really like her more in this book that in her own. She's so kinda reserved there. Even when she was in that club scene Azz/Chiang wrote her in it was a mosh pit with her standing around and yet apart from everyone. That didn't totally feel like WW to me. I can see her loving music and movement and being social, unlike Clark who is forced to act shy and awkward. But Kent shows us he has some moves. They bring out a fun side in each other.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So lois may play a bigger role than diana in the superman doomed event not sure how i feel about that.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick:

Hmm… I remember some rumors that Lois would get important role in Future’s End, not so much in Doomed. Pak promised hers, Lana, Diana, Batman and Steel’s participation (stressing Steel’s role), Lobdell gonna write Brainiac-possessed Lois (maybe it would finally deal once and for all with Meta-Lois) and it didn’t seems like she would appear in the next two SM/WW issues. Make me wonder how they’re doing extensively use Lois for this storyline. Could you give a link to that interview?

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By SanoHibiki
    No Caption Provided

Some people don’t lack for courage, that’s for sure..

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399  Edited By primebonnick

@sanohibiki: http://www.comicvine.com/lois-lane/4005-1808/forums/role-lois-in-superman-doomed-1554682/#4

could be nothing like you said but i have no idea.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
    davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imind: Well, if you need to catch up and can't find all the initial issues, the first collected edition of SM/WW (#1 - #6) will be out around September. Their actual relationship began abit earlier tho, in the pages of Justice League (issue 12), specifically the stories: 'The Villain's Journey' and 'Throne of Atlantis' ... in those arcs the relationship is more of a side story, still that's pretty much where it started.

If you have any other questions, just let me know :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.