Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman/Wonder Woman Appreciation Thread

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@mightus said:

@the_kidd said:
    No Caption Provided

WOW! *claps*

That picture is a tribute to a picture of Lynda Carter with her kids

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is breath taking now we really need to know the names of the rest of their children in kingdom come. The other boy must be named Bruce and one of the girls after one of their mothers'.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snapscribe86: especially now that it seems she exposed his identity he really dodged a bullety there.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1305  Edited By SaintWildcard

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And where did Wonder Woman sit at the pub? NOT next to Superman. Superman sat next to Batman ...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And where did Wonder Woman sit at the pub? NOT next to Superman. Superman sat next to Batman ...

Superman sat between the two of them. In one panel he's the same distance from both and in an other he's closer to her. So.... point?

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetrueclarkkent And it shows. Alex Ross is a beast at art and it makes me curious with the kingdom come cast in the convergence event.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get your point other than you might want to think Bruce wants some of Clark. He was all over Clark who was just sitting minding his naked business. Maybe that is why Bruce perving on Clark and Diana. WW was giving Clark a sweet doting smile as she looked at him in the pub. And Clark unconcerned while she is in the room with him buck naked? She's seen the super goods already.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get your point other than you might want to think Bruce wants some of Clark. He was all over Clark who was just sitting minding his naked business. Maybe that is why Bruce perving on Clark and Diana. WW was giving Clark a sweet doting smile as she looked at him in the pub. And Clark unconcerned while she is in the room with him buck naked? She's seen the super goods already.

Couples always sit next to each other, that's something JRJR should've paid attention to. Superman barely spoke to Wonder Woman, she got 2 lines of dialogue and sat there looking bored. They make it impossible to like this relationship

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnqestion said:

Couples always sit next to each other, that's something JRJR should've paid attention to. Superman barely spoke to Wonder Woman, she got 2 lines of dialogue and sat there looking bored. They make it impossible to like this relationship

She checked him out naked, actions speak louder than words

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1313  Edited By johnqestion

@brunnhilde said:
    @johnqestion said:

No couples don't always sit next to each other. Maybe needy couples do. If you hanging with a group of friends, you don't have to be joined at the hips. You know grown up couples, who go home with each other, who don't need to make a show? They don't need to cling. And why should she hog her own boyfriend or the man she currently shares a book with? She had enough of an appreciate smile at him and clearly enjoys looking at him... and if you don't or can't like the relationship you on the wrong thread anyway. So a weak try at trolling.

Imnosuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1315  Edited By Archizooom

@johnqestion said:

No couples don't always sit next to each other. Maybe needy couples do. If you hanging with a group of friends, you don't have to be joined at the hips. You know grown up couples, who go home with each other, who don't need to make a show? They don't need to cling. And why should she hog her own boyfriend or the man she currently shares a book with? She had enough of an appreciate smile at him and clearly enjoys looking at him... and if you don't or can't like the relationship you on the wrong thread anyway. So a weak try at trolling.

It's not clingy to sit next to your partner, it's normal territorial behavior in the honeymoon phase of the relationship. You don't want an obsessively jealous controlling boyfriend but you want your partner to be a wee bit protective of you. It's no biggie though, I would've let it slide if Superman didn't spend the first 6 months of their relationship longing for Lois, if that booty-call and that greek deli scene in ToA didn't exist and if Batman didn't play a more important part than Wonder Woman in the Superman franchise.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not clingy to sit next to your partner, it's normal territorial behavior in the honeymoon phase of the relationship. You don't want an obsessively jealous controlling boyfriend but you want your partner to be a wee bit protective of you. It's no biggie though, I would've let it slide if Superman didn't spent the first 6 months of their relationship longing for Lois, if that booty-call and that greek deli scene in ToA didn't exist and if Batman didn't play a more important part than Wonder Woman in the Superman franchise.

It's you again! Jesus Christ. I like how you ignore my points, but continue to answer the easy ones.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's you again! Jesus Christ. I like how you ignore my points, but continue to answer the easy ones.

It's me again? You don't actually think this...

...is difficult to counter. You shot yourself in the foot there. I ignored it because the nonsense is self-evident.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

It's me again? You don't actually think this...

...is difficult to counter. You shot yourself in the foot there. I ignored it because the nonsense is self-evident.

No, the other one. Not the joke one. The one about how he's place in three different areas. You make it sound as if he's sitting on Bruce's lap the entire time.

Imnosuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnqestion said:

It's not clingy to sit next to your partner, it's normal territorial behavior in the honeymoon phase of the relationship. You don't want an obsessively jealous controlling boyfriend but you want your partner to be a wee bit protective of you. It's no biggie though, I would've let it slide if Superman didn't spend the first 6 months of their relationship longing for Lois, if that booty-call and that greek deli scene in ToA didn't exist and if Batman didn't play a more important part than Wonder Woman in the Superman franchise.

In Trinity War Supes went into a jealous rage against Batman out of nowhere, and at the end of Forever Evil there was the whole lasso link crap, and Geoff is just letting it hang in the air. Don't act like you don't know that there are writers attacking this pairing from all sides. I hate it and I'm pretty sure all SM/WW fans hate all of it, the question is why you care one way or another.

I'm sure a lot of people agree that we want more moments between Clark and Diana outside the book, heck, in the book as well. And I'm sick and tired of the over presence of Batman in Superman books, it reached the ridiculous of Batman knowing more about Supes powers than himself. I'd kill to completely extract Batman and have much more Diana helping Supes in his books.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Trinity War Supes went into a jealous rage against Batman out of nowhere, and at the end of Forever Evil there was the whole lasso link crap, and Geoff is just letting it hang in the air. Don't act like you don't know that there are writers attacking this pairing from all sides. I hate it and I'm pretty sure all SM/WW fans hate all of it, the question is why you care one way or another.

I'm sure a lot of people agree that we want more moments between Clark and Diana outside the book, heck, in the book as well. And I'm sick and tired of the over presence of Batman in Superman books, it reached the ridiculous of Batman knowing more about Supes powers than himself. I'd kill to completely extract Batman and have much more Diana helping Supes in his books.

The relationship is unsalvageable. I didn't think they were incompatible before but I'm convinced they're 100% incompatible now I mean it just doesn't work, how sad that they have to sideline Superman just to give Wonder Woman a shot at the spotlight right. Obviously that doesn't benefit him and doesn't flatter Wonder Woman. Also the chemistry between them is just not coming through, love is a very fiddly, delicate thing and the devil's in the details which they pay no attention to whatsoever. And while in-story Superman loves Wonder Woman almost as much as he loves Bruce, he's the character that sucks up all the oxygen in the room. Let Superman be the best in every conceivable way but don't rub it in my face.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imnosuperman said:

The relationship is unsalvageable. I didn't think they were incompatible before but I'm convinced they're 100% incompatible now I mean it just doesn't work, how sad that they have to sideline Superman just to give Wonder Woman a shot at the spotlight right. Obviously that doesn't benefit him and doesn't flatter Wonder Woman. Also the chemistry between them is just not coming through, love is a very fiddly, delicate thing and the devil's in the details which they pay no attention to whatsoever. And while in-story Superman loves Wonder Woman almost as much as he loves Bruce, he's the character that sucks up all the oxygen in the room. Let Superman be the best in every conceivable way but don't rub it in my face.

Mods please so something about this individual. Who makes multiple accounts no doubt to come troll. Seriously how can I contact a mod to report this poster Brunnhilde?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: what's that hipster comic from again ? I know I've asked before but I can't really be bothered going through a good number of pages to find out.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@saintwildcard: what's that hipster comic from again ? I know I've asked before but I can't really be bothered going through a good number of pages to find out.

Stephen Byrne.

Imnosuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1324  Edited By Imnosuperman

@imnosuperman said:

Brunhilde, if you are Foamborn, please don't make yourself be banned again. When you are not doing diatribes against SM/WW you make some good points. If you are Foamborn, I also liked that Superman and Aleka fanarts.

I would give you a list of how awesome Diana has been for Clark, but I'm sure you have seen many examples many times before.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brunhilde, if you are Foamborn, please don't make yourself be banned again. When you are not doing diatribes against SM/WW you make some good points.

Foamborn wasn't banned, she got cornered and decided to leave while saying something about suicide. But I'm 80% sure it's Foamborn, she's saying the same nonsense Foamborn would say

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: wait did an old finer say they where going to off themselfs ?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@saintwildcard: wait did an old finer say they where going to off themselfs ?

@foamborn. If you go look at her last comments you'll see what she says about offing her self.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awesome couple as always a spark pure and true. One has to wonder what took them so long and just what great writer will take on the task of showing us more great stories yet to come.

I say my hats off to them for being bold.

VickBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1329  Edited By VickBat

Lois are the past, especially for "the truth".. I wish it was a nightmare of Superman..Public identity? No, thanks.. Clark and Superman must live separate.

I support this incredible couple, both could maintain their relationship as civil and as heroes fighting together against their enemies and to maintain their relationship... The Truth is a big problem for civil life of the couple..

IT IS TRUE THAT THE RELATIONSHIP IS GOING TO END BADLY? The first page of the forum speak of this..It would be a shame that way ..

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super/Wonder Team Work Wins!!!!

No Caption Provided

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1331  Edited By Mightus
    No Caption Provided

That is awesome ^

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sneak Peek from next week's 8 page preview in JSA Convergence #2!!!

No Caption Provided

RyDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always been a fan of this pairing they just make sense to me as a couple

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Now that is passion put on page

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the Lonely Island song plays

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@johnqestion said:

No Caption Provided

Now that is passion put on page

Tbh, this is now my favorite cover of them. :)

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rydub said:

I've always been a fan of this pairing they just make sense to me as a couple

Yay! Welcome to the vine and hello! :)

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that is more like it!!! About time DC stop pussy footing around.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think i can die happy now

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lonesharkadriano
    lonesharkadriano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for it to be coloured so i can have my new phone, tablet and laptop screen saver.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Isn't depowered Superman afraid that now he might not be able to handle Wonder Woman *wink wink* *nudge nudge*.

Did this sneak peek came out this week?

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't depowered Superman afraid that now he might not be able to handle Wonder Woman *wink wink* *nudge nudge*.

@theblondegod said:

Did this sneak peek came out this week?

Well he is Captain America level strength now xD. Btw that scene I wouldn't mind being the cover....lol

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on how this plays out, Tomasi will win back every SM/WW fan.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the complaints was that his run lacked the romance that Soule's run had. This will give him a huge bump, considering that Soule was a bit more discreet about them doing it. SM/WW fans are taking to Twitter to run this in Clois fans faces

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.