Superman/Batman: Public Enemies Metallo Clip

Posted by G-Man (19527 posts) - - Show Bio

Warner Bros. was kind enough to share a clip for the upcoming Superman/Batman: Public Enemies animated movie.  The clip features Superman confronting President Lex Luthor.  What happens when Metallo is thrown into the mix?

The movie will be available on September 29, 2009.  You will have a choice of getting it on Blu-ray, a special edition 2-disc DVD, a single disc DVD, through OnDemand and Pay-Per-View.  It will also be available for download on the same day.

Based on the Jeph Loeb/Ed McGuinness story arc, Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly and Clancy Brown reunite to bring this movie to life. 

Are you planning on getting this when it comes out?  I will do an early review before it's released.
Staff
#1 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellz yeah...i cant wait for this DVD!
#2 Posted by comicfanforever (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman beats Metallo very fast....
#3 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3409 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, WOW!! Want this!!

Did both of those cars have plates that say "PRESIDENT 1" on both ends? I think this is the first time they have animated Superman with such defined abs.

#4 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1131 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicfanforever:
Metallo doesn't go down that easy
#5 Posted by Bobby X (1132 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting this on Blu-ray despite any review I happen to see by accident beforehand lol, That's how I roll.

I can't wait. This was one of my fav DC story arcs of all time. Loeb's best work imo

#6 Posted by ARMIV (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! YES!

#7 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2201 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-man looks cool
#8 Posted by TheRichestManinTown (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...I guess Metallo WAS in the movie.

#9 Posted by The Wretch (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. 

That is all.
#10 Posted by goldenkey (2920 posts) - - Show Bio

WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!  If they were going to bring back the original voices why the F&%K would they not bring back Malcom McDowell for Metallo.  They should have had  him kicking the hell out of Superman while singing "Singing in the Rain".    SOOOOOO DISAPOINTED>
#11 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

seems a little flat to me. I'll rent it.
#12 Posted by NightFang (10468 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait.

#13 Posted by Xion (247 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont remember this happening in the comic, but im still gonna buy it

#14 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver Knight75 said:

" @comicfanforever:
Metallo doesn't go down that easy "

Yea im pretty sure they will have a battle damage Metallo fight scene so we can all get a good look at his kryptonite power source.

I look forward to adding this to my  very small Blu-ray  collection
#15 Posted by Jamiracles (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks really nice. Still miss the old Bruce Timm art style though. But I'll be checking this out.

#16 Posted by rasx (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw a preview of this on the Green Lantern DVD, so definetly I'll be getting this on DVD!(To see Superman vs Captain Marvel,lol)

#17 Posted by KCsuperman09 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

this looks good

#18 Posted by Aronmorales (9610 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoo-hoo!

#19 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2547 posts) - - Show Bio

Clancy's voice as Luthor is awesome.

Staff
#20 Posted by The Crimson Nutcase (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm...I usually am a fan of McGuiness but idk about this.... 

#21 Posted by Nahero (9917 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red L.A.M.P.: yeah but the character is still one hell of a coward
#22 Posted by 04nbod (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems to have a lot of cliche dialogue 'you shouldn't have done that. He's the president' in particular

#23 Edited by Sleuth (2639 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSS!!!

#24 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3409 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red L.A.M.P. said:
" Clancy's voice as Luthor is awesome. "
I know what you mean. It just fits the character perfectly. The same way Patrick Stewart is a good fit for Xavier, and Mark Hamill is a superb voice for the Joker.
#25 Posted by Omega-Mekix (586 posts) - - Show Bio

This has potential, good voice acting, great (not cliche) ideas/storyline. I would watch this.

#26 Posted by AirDave817 (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Awww, yeah...

#27 Posted by Bruce Vain (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

Man it's so nice to hear Tim's voice for Superman again. Nothing against Newbern or anything but it always sounded to me like he was trying to sound like Daly.

It's also nice to see Superman give Metallo a whooping and utlize his heat vision. Unlike in the Superman animated series where he get his a#$ handed to him all the time & hardly uses his other powers to win in a fight. 

Wish they brought back Malcolm McDowell to voice Metallo again.

#28 Posted by reaper2923 (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay Kevin Conroy as Batman I'm instantly motivated to get this

#29 Posted by crazed_h3ro (995 posts) - - Show Bio

COOL!!!
#30 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like a renter to me. 

Mainly because Public Enemies was a pretty terrible comic. 

But hey, I love me some animated DC so I will at least give it a shot.
#31 Posted by Emerald Warrior (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...that was boring...

Hope the rest of the movie shows a little more excitement... oh and DUH, metallo has to show up with the torn flesh face, half man, half machine so of course he's not beaten yet...

#32 Posted by MrDirector786 (43698 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool
#33 Posted by Crimson Thunder (286 posts) - - Show Bio

Am realy excited about the release!!!

#34 Posted by WWDD (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty cool.  I'm liking the animation.

#35 Posted by MrCipher (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Artwork is a little different but I like it just the same. I can't wait to see the whole movie. I do agree that Metallo went down like a punk; should have been much tougher for Supes.
#36 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy #)%(

#37 Posted by deadkid (32 posts) - - Show Bio

i saw the images of the movie and i have to say that it looks awesome.

#38 Posted by Blue Star Warrior (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I guess we know what happens to Metallo... Or do we?

#39 Posted by bingbangboom (735 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Superman had X-Ray vision? Wouldn't he scope out the scene to see what people around him were packing and I don't know... look beyond the sunglasses to notice one of his other enemies? It seems in Superman's world, wearing a pair of glasses is equal to running around with a paperbag over your head.

#40 Posted by Grim (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

looks  good. looks better than doomsday. even with the awesome fights,that movie pissed me off.

#41 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a pretty cool clip!

#42 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like fun. So good writing, too (At least in this clip)

#43 Posted by NagolNuff (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

..is it me or the prettied up supes a bit? liek they they drew these charaters..idk deems off..still looks interesting
#44 Posted by jefprice (848 posts) - - Show Bio
@bingbangboom said:
"  I thought Superman had X-Ray vision? Wouldn't he scope out the scene to see what people around him were packing and I don't know... look beyond the sunglasses to notice one of his other enemies? It seems in Superman's world, wearing a pair of glasses is equal to running around with a paperbag over your head. "
lol welcome to the reason i never read his book growing up
#45 Posted by MKF30 (11527 posts) - - Show Bio

Got the movie, it's awesome.
#46 Posted by MrDirector786 (43698 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the movie was pretty good. I'm glad some things were changed from the original adaption. For example, everyone going against Superman because of some Kryptonite meteor was stupid. He's done good for the world for so long, and they all turn against him for something like that. There were other things, and at the same time, I feel some parts should have been put into the adaption, but it was pretty good overall.

#47 Posted by jjared01 (14 posts) - - Show Bio
Sweet sickidness!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.