Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman/Wonder Woman issue 6 wow (Spoilers)

• 51 results
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This was an awesome issue. The fight between Supes/Diana and Zod/Faora was brutal. Also the end where Supes wraps up Diana in his cape so she isn't hurt was awesome.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True,wonder woman need superman's cape save her,because she cant survive nuke blast

Awesome issue

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By z3ro180

@powerwoman: they where both beaten to a pulp by super charged kryptonian soldiers so yeah she would need a indestructible cape to live.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True,wonder woman need superman's cape save her,because she cant survive nuke blast

Awesome issue

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/power-woman-s-favorite-wonder-woman-stories-and-mo-1543397/#reply

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By z3ro180

@r2datu: what's the point of that thread ?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@powerwoman: they where both beaten to a pulp by super charged kryptonian soldiers so yeah she would need a indestructible cape to live.

Question it's,why wonder woman need it not superman?

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Stiiiiiiiiiiiill waiting.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Because he wanted to save her. Also stop preaching femanism.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@z3ro180 said:

WW isn't as durable as Superman get over it.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

@z3ro180 said:

Yes,i agree

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

@powerwoman said:

@z3ro180 said:

Yes,i agree

Waaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiting

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I'm interested into why superman looked like a zombie ?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@squalleon: I'm interested into why superman looked like a zombie

Probably because his skin is burned out and he doesn't have any energy.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SanoHibiki

If anyone there using Comixology for buying comics, are you also having some troubles with that site?

Soule finally wrote real teamwork, Daniels made his usual bad-ass art (too bad he will skip next issue).

Despite overall dramatic ending, this issue was pretty fun to read because of massive spoofing (used Star Wars phrase made me chuckle).

Real problem with this book is in action scenes and fights. Soule makes them pretty brief (sometimes he simply skips them), but oh well, this book awesome enough as it is.

4.5/5.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Squalleon

If anyone there using Comixology for buying comics, you also having some troubles with this site?

The servers are hacked so the site asked the users to change their passwords. Can't login because my password has been changed but I never got the email with the new one.

The action scenes were pretty weak in this issue. There was no or little motion, the paneling was incomprehensible and the fights are inconsistent. At one moment Diana is recking both Zod and Faora and in the other she can't even handle Faora, you could debate that was because they wanted to store the kinetic energy but I seriously doubt it. Since Diana could beat Faora easily and then team up will Superman to fight Zod.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SanoHibiki

@squalleon said:

@z3ro180 said:

Also it could be a little “tribute”/cameo to Dark Knight Returns.

Superman gets nuked and reduced to some kind of zombie-state.

No Caption Provided

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

@z3ro180 said:

Also it could be a little “tribute”/cameo to Dark Knight Returns.

It could be were Soule got the inspiration from. Since you can see his books are full of easter eggs.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SanoHibiki

@squalleon:

The servers are hacked so the site asked the users to change their passwords. Can't login because my password has been changed but I never got the email with the new one.

No Caption Provided

There was no or little motion, the paneling was incomprehensible

That much I agree.

the fights are inconsistent. At one moment Diana is recking both Zod and Faora and in the other she can't even handle Faora, you could debate that was because they wanted to store the kinetic energy

Also theoretically Apollo could have continued to pump Zod and Faora with sunlight, Kryptonians underestimated “Earth’s woman” in the last issue and took her seriously this time. I don’t have much of problem with inconsistence (you said it’s debatable), but I don’t understand why Diana didn’t use her sword again, after all, it was pretty useful in previous fight.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

the fights are inconsistent. At one moment Diana is recking both Zod and Faora and in the other she can't even handle Faora, you could debate that was because they wanted to store the kinetic energy

Also theoretically Apollo could have continued to pump Zod and Faora with sunlight, Kryptonians underestimated “Earth’s woman” in the last issue and took her seriously this time. I don’t have much of problem with inconsistence (you said it’s debatable), but I don’t understand why Diana didn’t use her sword again, after all, it was pretty useful in previous fight.

Because Soule's action scenes are very,very forced and so fast paced. It could be because he has a lot on his plate and he doesn't have time to think of a better action scene but since this is his job, he should do better.
    This was the worst issue when it comes to action. It was nice to see the plot lines converge and the Apollo twist was something i wasn't expecting, but the action wasn't even meh.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Amazing issue. It's definitely taken my top spot in the Superman title category. .

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SaintWildcard

Now it's

1- SM/WW

2- AC

3- BM/SM

4-Smallville

5-Unchained

6-Adventures

7-Superman

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

the action wasn't even meh.

I see it more like:

DD vs WW – meh;

Zod vs Martian - tolerable;

WW vs Faora and Zod – nice;

SM vs Zod and WW vs Faora – good enough with room to improvement.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

the action wasn't even meh.

I see it more like:

DD vs WW – meh;

Zod vs Martian - tolerable;

WW vs Faora and Zod – nice;

SM vs Zod and WW vs Faora – good enough with room to improvement.

A lot of improvement... The only reason WW and SM didn't beat them was because the plot should go on and that's bad storytelling. No matter how much they underestimated WW in the first battle, the difference now was just too great and since we don't know if their purpose was to get beaten to gather the energy (which still doesn't make sense) I can't really call it "good"

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SanoHibiki

@squalleon:

I can't really call it "good"

Well, I called it “good enough”, in my gradation good > good enough > tolerable.

since we don't know if their purpose was to get beaten to gather the energy

You know, that actually is sound strategy for Superman in this fight, since Zod as strong and has superior combat skills. Maybe Diana decided to play along with it, after all, without Apollo sun dipping Zoners Clark and Diana would have won this way.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Amazing issue. It's definitely taken my top spot in the Superman title category. .

Nope, not even gonna try. I'll chose my battles :P

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: ok I guess that makes sense since he did get beaten with in an inch of his life by a super charged Zod.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard said:

I'll admit it, that hurt me more than it should have.

But anyway why are you even here? Arent you too busy waiting for the next bori- I mean interesting issue of Unchained to come out?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Squalleon

@agent41 said:

@squalleon: @z3ro180: WW may not be as durable as superman,that is fine,but some people complain because pre 52 WW was able to take nuke explosions with no problem while it seems that in the new 52 she can't even survive one but a very weakened superman can,so the people complain that they depowered her a lot in the new 52.

Analogically it is the same.

A weak Superman barely survive it and a weakened WW needs the cape for extra safety.

They just aren't as strong as their previous counterparts.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wonder woman used to be super durable,she used to take nuke blasts completely unharmed,it's an insult to show her unable to do the same in the new 52.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing issue! It made my week. What a brutal battle. And it wasn't just the explosion.guys, also Zod and Faora were amped by Apollo... and even then, they COULD NOT kill them. Superman and WW are amazing together and this was the best issue yet that's for sure.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@squalleon said:

@agent41 said:

@squalleon: @z3ro180: WW may not be as durable as superman,that is fine,but some people complain because pre 52 WW was able to take nuke explosions with no problem while it seems that in the new 52 she can't even survive one but a very weakened superman can,so the people complain that they depowered her a lot in the new 52.

A weak Superman barely survive it and a weakened WW needs the cape for extra safety.

she should still be durable enough to survive it,in every reboot they always depower her more than many male powerhouses,so of course some people will complain,the most powerful female hero in DC and the overall more iconic female hero shouldn't be depowered this much.

While Superman should be depowered? You don't have any valid points. Your only argument is "she is weaker than Superman", guess what SHE ALWAYS WAS. No matter the continuity Wonder Woman was always weaker and she would use her skills to be on par with him.

If a weak Superman barely survives it then it is only logical that a weakened Wonder Woman will need a little boost to survive it too.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ClarkKent12

Fight scene was weak but I still enjoyed it, quickly becoming one of my fav books (also subscribe to Unchained, BM, WW, BM/SM and JL).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard said:

But anyway why are you even here? Arent you too busy waiting for the next bori- I mean interesting issue of Unchained to come out?

I'd rather read Superman acting like himself and doing something interesting than being with someone he has no chemistry or romantic intimacy with thus dropping the quality of the story :P

Also did you catch that I copied and pasted your gif and response from a post you made? Didn't you get the reference?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard said:

I'd rather read Superman acting like himself and doing something interesting than being with someone he has no chemistry or romantic intimacy with thus dropping the quality of the story :P

Also did you catch that I copied and pasted your gif and response from a post you made? Didn't you get the reference?

Apparently you're an expert on what love is if you don't think those last 2 pages are like Superman had no romance in them. Love and Chemistry can come in different shapes, not just a human wife busting her alien god husbands balls for comedic value.

BTW, did you see this?
    BTW, did you see this?

And yes I know. Which is why I said it hurt me more than it should have.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lvenger

@saint_wildcard: Oh so Wonder Woman showing no affection, no intimacy or no emotion in this line clearly shows she does love him! Woe is me, my entire viewpoint has been destroyed and cast into the depths of Hades!

...But seriously, if she did love him, Soule should have had her say something else with more meaning and care rather than the ridiculous Han Solo line he had her say instead.

Woop de doo, you've posted one limited and close minded poll to support your point. Perhaps you've also seen these which also indicate its 'popularity?' Two can play at the evidence game.

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I thought that was a cute powerful moment. Also one of the complaints I hear is that throughout the series all Wonder Woman has been doing is talking about her relationship with Superman and she's said various times throughout the entire romance from the beginning how much she admires him and loves him. The one time he says it and she doesn't say it back it's still frowned upon, They planned on surviving it, if they were sure those were their final moments, Im sure that moment would have been different. Also if Lois was in that same situation she sounds like the kind of person that would have said the same damn thing.

First of all that works against you considering Quality>Quantity. With Unchained selling so well surely it would have come out on top..... sadly (for you) that was not the case.

Secondly, you've disappointed me Lvenger, you're using SuperWondy's argument. I've been reading comics less than you and even I know that sales drop after the first issue. Unchained went from 250k to a little over 100k.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Apparently you're an expert on what love is if you don't think those last 2 pages are like Superman had no romance in them. Love and Chemistry can come in different shapes, not just a human wife busting her alien god husbands balls for comedic value.

BTW, did you see this?
    BTW, did you see this?

And yes I know. Which is why I said it hurt me more than it should have.

The thing that shocks me the most is the fact Superboy is more popular than Superman. Well I'll be damned..

This issue of SM/WW was pretty awesome but I think Action Comics and Unchained are of a slightly higher calibre, in my opinion. Not to say that SM/WW isn't good, far from it.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two most annoying arguments against SM/WW IMO – “its just some fanfiction book” (guess what, whole comics industry is just the painted fanfiction) and “it doing poorly in sales and lost half of the readers in 3 issues”. First argument just … meh, I not even going to bother with it.

Second – poor sales don’t mean poor quality. Great many people reviewed recent Green Arrow, Animal Man as awesome runs, but in spite of that they really were doing rather poorly. “Lost half of the readers in 3 issues” – Unchained went from around 250 000 to a little more than 100 000 sold copies in 3 issues. That’s more serious decline than with SM/WW.

In January SM/WW sold better than AC, Superman or, for example, highly praised Azzarello’s WW. Now, this is just printed copies. According to Diamond Chart, this book fares better than Injustice and Smallville (which usually described as doing well on the digital chart).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: You can at least address me when you try and counter my arguments. Firstly, yes it is a fanfiction book. Have you seen Tumblr and the Internet? It's ridden with hormone, skin deep portrayals of the Superman/Wonder Woman romance based simply on them making a 'cute' couple. It's a silly basis to base a book on.

Secondly, I definitely agree and I knew that the Diamond Chart sales isn't accurate. Nonetheless, the sales do portray a massive decline in interest than Unchained has ever been through. Unchained has still sold more than a single issue of SM/WW. People still want to see what's happening in Unchained months after the last issue. Do you see that kind of attention for SM/WW? No and it's clear to see why. Because the book is not all that special. I don't see why people on this site are attracted to the mess that series is. They're fine to like it but I don't see why they do given the failings of the book.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By ccraft

I've got a question for those who read SM/WW is this series consistently solid? I liked the first 1 issue, I also like the SM/WW relationship, and Tony S. Daniels is one of my favorite artists.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

I've got a question for those who read SM/WW is this series consistently solid? I liked the first 1 issue, I also like the SM/WW relationship, and Tony S. Daniels is one of my favorite artists.

Then IDK what you're waiting for go get it all now. I like where it's going

-WW/SM relationship is now public. Luthor's response was classic. So the public's response to it is going to be interesting to see.

-The worst of both worlds, by which I mean the villains of both their pantheons.

-Great action.

-Best current story arc of Superman comics IMO.

If issue 6 doesn't convince you to pick it up, nothing will.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@saint_wildcard: issue 6 looked pretty good, SM/WW vs Zod/Faora looked cool, SM/WW survived a nuclear bomb, Superman finally said the "L" word. I really need to catch up. Thanks for recommending it.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SanoHibiki

@lvenger:

You can at least address me when you try and counter my arguments.

I’m somewhat confused. Why exactly you decided that I was addressing you (which I wasn’t, by the way)? I’m long enough on Comicvine to know that for that, at very least, used “reply” feature (personally I prefer to use quoting).

I got really fired up yesterday after reading comments on Newsarama. You can argument your dislike to SM/WW idea to make your opinion understandable from some positions, but some people just repeating “fanfiction” and “sales” arguments without any further clarification what they mean by it (now that I calmed, I suspect that was one person with multiple accounts – all those posts were remarkably similar to each other). So, after that I ranted a bit on first SM/WW thread I found.

P.S. I find your arguments about fanfiction-like quality of SM/WW and what you said about SM Unchained somewhat debatable, but to each his own and I really don’t want to get into flame war, especially on weekend.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: Yeah I've done enough on this front too so I'll leave it here. Life's too short sometimes.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got really fired up yesterday after reading comments on Newsarama.

Yeah that's a bad idea. Newsarama has the most posts with an anti new 52 agenda. Surprisingly the Superman and Wonder Woman Facebook pages are more open minded.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

Yeah that's a bad idea. Newsarama has the most posts with an anti new 52 agenda.

Lol no kidding. And I just “love” newest argument against SM/WW – “Wonder Woman didn’t say “I love you too”; no, that wasn’t quote from Star Wars; she is just cold-hearted b..tch and savage Amazon; reunite Superman with woman he destined to love”. Rao, I really need to get a grip on my temperament, it’s always gets the better of me.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@agent41 said:

@squalleon said:

@agent41 said:

she should still be durable enough to survive it,in every reboot they always depower her more than many male powerhouses,so of course some people will complain,the most powerful female hero in DC and the overall more iconic female hero shouldn't be depowered this much.

While Superman should be depowered? You don't have any valid points. Your only argument is "she is weaker than Superman", guess what SHE ALWAYS WAS. No matter the continuity Wonder Woman was always weaker and she would use her skills to be on par with him.

If a weak Superman barely survives it then it is only logical that a weakened Wonder Woman will need a little boost to survive it too.

Superman looks pretty dead to me, I think he just wanted to protect her, without even knowing if he would survive. But then again he did come back from the dead before.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.