Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman/Wonder Woman Issue 5 (SPOILERS)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The fight between Clark And Zod / Faora is awesome. We see just how Un matched in tearms of skill Supes is compared to the Kryptonian Bonie and Clyde. The Doana shows up and helps, I t does not help because supes still gets beat up by Zod. Issue 5 was awesome.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

That it was, that it was.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By SaintWildcard

Greg Pak is bringing some good Superman/Clark moments, Soule is building up to some interesting action filled arcs, and Snyder.... is a very articulate writer. Good things are happening for Supe's

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SanoHibiki

Guess I’ll repeat my previous post.

And another awesome issue from Soule and Daniel!

I’m fr..gin happy that Soule didn’t went into “stargazing soul mates” when writing this series. Real relationships aren’t like walking in park, but really bumpy road. Bit of mutual attraction, couple of thing your share brought you together, but only then really get to know each other better. Sometimes you agree with your partner, sometimes not, slowly you revealing all yourself, you facing problems along the road, you may fail, but if you succeed, it all worth it.

A little troubling how fast Supes went down in fight against Zod and Faora, but, well, that only logical. When your opponents:

1. team-upping against you;

2. distracting you during fight;

3. know where to strike for maximal effect -

there is no other outcome (reminds me of my childhood). Diana really should give a couple lessons how to fight to Clark.

Diana’s one-sided talk with her mother was very touching and she ruled in this fight. You go, girl!

5/5 IMO, money spent well.

For future note - guys, please, restrict yourself from flame war. There already were many threads pro and con SM/WW, let’s keep things civil and post only constructive criticism/support.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, this issue wasn't anything exactly to crow about, but it wasn't horrible either.

The romance is still pretty wooden (honestly, I'm the last person to claim that "Supes/Lois 4EVA!", but at this point I really wish that DC would pick some other super-powered chick for Superman to hook up with, or even create a new one. Wonder Woman as the go-to option is really getting tiring. Still, it's better than Batman/Wonder Woman), and Soule writes Wonder Woman better than he does Superman.

Also, I call bullshit on the whole "Superman can't fight, because not trained, blah, blah, blah"...the guy has been on Earth for five effing years, he can easily make up his own fighting style with his physical powers, and his intellect, not to mention make use of some Kryptonian technology...also, Zod and Faora automatically being as powerful as Superman after only a short time under a yellow sun, still pisses me off.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he can easily make up his own fighting style with his physical powers, and his intellect

That is a completely subjective statement. How can superman easily "make up" a fighting style which is going to counteract an already establish fighting style learned by Zod when he was probably just a baby. Zod probably has 35 years of experience vs supermans 5 years. 5 years would not even get someone a Black Belt.

Also Superman would need to train with another Kryptonian to actually be productive. He would also need to experience pain the way humans do in order to build up his muscle memory reflex.

In my opinion it would almost be impossible for superman to learn any kind of effective fighting style in reality.

The only way it can be done is with PIS

ssj4jw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssj4jw

Could being in the Phantom Zone somehow alter a kryptonian in absorbing sunlight faster than normal?

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj4jw@orangebat

In terms of Zod and Faora becoming powerful fairly quickly, that's always how it's been. That's how it was pre-52 every time a Kryptonian popped up. Remember, when Kryptonians showed up pre 52, they became incredibly powerful almost immediately. Adult Kryptonians are crazy fast at absorbing energy and their ability to absorb seems to increase with age, if Kingdom Come and All Star Superman are anything to go by.

From what I can gather, it seems like it doesn't take long for Kryptonians to "fill up the tank" so to speak. They absorb sunlight incredibly fast and then reach their normal levels. Superman when he was in his younger years just had a smaller tank as well as absorbing sunlight slower due to his young and underdeveloped body. As he grew older, his absorption rate grew. However, the prolonged exposure has lead to him in his adult years having a stronger base line level. Much like the pre 52 Kryptonian adults, Zod and Faora rapidly absorbed energy due to their adult cells and as they are older, they absorbed the energy faster. However, Superman still seems to be physically stronger as he has a "bigger tank", even though they absorb energy at similar rates.

In terms of Apollo's boost, this was like Superman sun dipping. The sun dipping always wears off very quickly during the pre 52 years. Again, this is an inference, but from what I can gather, Kryptonian cells can be overcharged by extreme exposure, but the excess energy dissipates rapidly. It's probably for the best, since if All Star is anything to go by, having too much energy is highly dangerous.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Man this was a great issue, Diana >>>>>> Faora

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn Supes got owned.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Wonder Woman owned

And Superman got owned

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Guess I’ll repeat my previous post.

And another awesome issue from Soule and Daniel!

I’m fr..gin happy that Soule didn’t went into “stargazing soul mates” when writing this series. Real relationships aren’t like walking in park, but really bumpy road. Bit of mutual attraction, couple of thing your share brought you together, but only then really get to know each other better. Sometimes you agree with your partner, sometimes not, slowly you revealing all yourself, you facing problems along the road, you may fail, but if you succeed, it all worth it.

A little troubling how fast Supes went down in fight against Zod and Faora, but, well, that only logical. When your opponents:

1. team-upping against you;

2. distracting you during fight;

3. know where to strike for maximal effect -

there is no other outcome (reminds me of my childhood). Diana really should give a couple lessons how to fight to Clark.

Diana’s one-sided talk with her mother was very touching and she ruled in this fight. You go, girl!

5/5 IMO, money spent well.

For future note - guys, please, restrict yourself from flame war. There already were many threads pro and con SM/WW, let’s keep things civil and post only constructive criticism/support.

I agree. I love this book,how it's written,the art,how the relationship is being developed,how the characters are written,etc.

And this fight scene was amazing.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Man this was a great issue, Diana >>>>>> Faora

This,too.

Bring in Superman fanboys that complain just because Superman loses a fight....even though he was outnumbered and overpowered by people who share his same powerset,but know how to use it better.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's suck,superman look like too weak,he need help by woman,he need sneeze destroy universes powerlevels

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tigerkaya

Ah finally an issue were Superman is being owned. Good he deserves it for those that hate seeing him look incompetent tough, I had to sit through reading Wonder Woman being benched so Superman can fight her battles twice. Its only fair that Superman should look humiliated and be beaten around like a rag doll.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya:

So you one of those who like one side in relationship to one-up another. Alright, I’ll bite – when and where exactly Superman fought Diana’s battles twice?

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: I could care less about the relationship I just wanted to see someone else's favorite get owned. In previous issues Superman fought her battles twice from Doomsday and Apollo. Both of which had Wonder Woman portrayed useless.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya:

Nice position you have there.

Pretty sure you didn’t even read this series. I wouldn’t argue right now about Apollo fight, through I find your phrasing “he fought her battle” debatable.

In case of DD that’s different story altogether. Superman didn’t fought Doomsday, if, of course, you are not counting sucker punch Supes got from it in the first issue. Doomsday returned in Phantom Zone all by itself, without any Superman’s participation in Di/DD fight.

No Caption Provided

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tigerkaya

@sanohibiki: Its true I didn't I just get the information from others who read it. But what does it matter I get tired of seeing my favorites get tossed around or owned I'd rather see other's favorite hero's get smacked around let them know what humility and embarrassment does to a characters reputation.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya:

Rao, that’s feels like I am back in New-52 Wonder Woman respect thread, with all those “She now street-level character, she is side-character in her own title”…

Sorry, but there wasn’t anything humiliating or embarrassing for Superman in recent SM/WW issue, and also there wasn’t anything humiliating for Diana in this entire series.

Have a good day.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.