Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman, why the hate?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

...he stands for justice and liberty, he usually holds back his full powers, he is dedicated to saving his adopted home world, only kills as a last resort and his stories have tended to have a positive slant to them...so, why do so many people on Comic Vine evidently hate Superman, many preferring the dark and gritty Batman? Seems strange to me.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Could be they are think superman too ideal,Our reality is very cruel,so....

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I love Superman, and I frankly don't care anymore whether anyone else does but guess what, he is the second most Iconic thing in the world the first is Jesus, so until other people's favorite hero is only competing with actual religious messiahs for Icon status I believe Superman's place is secure.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Veshark

I think CV has a pretty big selection of Superman fans, I don't really see as many haters...or is it just me?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superman doesn't have that many haters on the Vine. Batman and Wolverine have WAY more stupid haters.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

The Superman haters are just more whiny and post more than the actual real Superman fans who actually get the character.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UltimateSMfan

its sad that people hate or dislike him cause of the qualities he has,which is something to aspire to, i for one don't get the hate. Also-

@joshmightbe said:

I love Superman, and I frankly don't care anymore whether anyone else does but guess what, he is the second most Iconic thing in the world the first is Jesus, so until other people's favorite hero is only competing with actual religious messiahs for Icon status I believe Superman's place is secure.

this, and

@lvenger said:

The Superman haters are just more whiny and post more than the actual real Superman fans who actually get the character.

this.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Because of how people today are obsessed with dark vigilanties with scratchy voices.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ok,maybe its just me, but you seem to get more anti superman jibes on the general forum. There are quite a few Batman haters as well, but they seem more riled by what they see as the Batman fans saying Bats can take out any rival character (but that's a subject for another day!).

Some people seem to genuinely hate the fact that Superman is trying to be a force for good. Personally I love more Superman graphic novels than novels for other characters, because he doesn't tend to go full on in every comic but has to hold back and think about what he is doing and he has a moral responsibility for those around him.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do these threads keep popping up? I don't see any Superman haters at all.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend said:

Why do these threads keep popping up? I don't see any Superman haters at all.

Right.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I don't hate Supes. He's a good guy. I hate Creed and other villains because they're villains and they have done AWFUL, terrible, inhuman things so I hate them not Supes. I am not a huge fan of Superman and tend to avoid his "material" for a variety of reasons.

I-Fanboys/Fangirls/Fanatics have ruined him for me.

II-Inconsistency.

III. I find him boring most of the time. I can't help to thinking there isn't really any real threat for Superman.

IV. The general idea that YOU SHOULD LOVE SUPERMAN also plays a factor.

V. I have seen Superman's animated movies, I have watched MoS, I even read Superman Red S(U)N, but still for various reasons, he's on the bottom of my list of favorites.

VI. I actually am not a huge fan of Bats either, but that's a story for another time.

( + )

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't people actually hate him. I feel that people just don't like him, as a character, because he's hard to relate to. People just miss the point of Superman. You're not meant to relate to him. You're supposed to look up to him.

Avatar image for dtslanterncorps
    DTSLanternCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because of how people today are obsessed with dark vigilanties with scratchy voices.

LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.