Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18883 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

SUPERMAN - Where's my Pants man ! ??

JAUZMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As an avid Superman fan of 38 years, now aged 44, I am deeply concerned about how DC and Syn/Nol are trying to reinvent an Icon. If it aint broke, don't fix it. As simple as that. I had believed for a long time that I would hate the New Man of Steel movie, but after viewing it, I wanted to watch it again. Then after a day, I began to question it all over again. Something was wrong, something was not right. As with the 52 comics.....it was the Costume. The whole Superman story was updated for a new generation...OK. It looked good, but not the Costume. It didn't say SUPERMAN. Fine it had the S Symbol, cape and boots..but..no pants/shorts( no they are not y-fronts or underpants...gimmme a break). They have always been there, part of the whole effect and partly to break up the uniform blue. The costume in the movie is too Dark. Why the hell does he need a belt buckle when he has no pants? They have tried to sell us the idea of removing the pants, by using various patterns and rubbish,,,guess what it does not work and not for SUPERMAN. Superman in jeans and construction boots and a baby cape.....???????

Where's my pants man?? Give em back!!

All I'm saying is, if there is anyone out there who feels as I do about the whole costume thing, can we get the people in charge to change him back to SUPERMAN some how? For the Man of Steel 2, lets say....Because he now wishes to fit in on Planet Earth he decides to manipulate his Krypton Undergarment (ahem!), bring a more Earthly colour blue to it and be more dignified with PANTS!!!!!................ok,ok......a Christopher Reeve look ,with the whole ARMOR thing! It will look cool I promise ! Any way these are my thoughts.... got a lot more but, cant use vulgar language or denounce the ALLMIGHTY SNYDER/NOLAN BATMAN RUBBISH TERRIBLEY CAST BALE RUBBER SUITED REWRITE HISTORY OUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY JUST MAKE BUCKS BATMANS CAPE WAS A CURTIN, S STANDS FOR HOPE,MAKE IT UP AS YOU GO ALONG,KILL SUPERMAN,SUPERMAN MUST KILL PEOPLE,ACTION,ACTION,ACTION!!

JAUZMAN Peace;)

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welll then.

JAUZMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ps......I don't wish to offend anyone or any fans of Snyder/Nolan and Batman.......I love Batman too, except for Nolans version, did not like the Batsuit or Batmobile either. Just wish they hadn't changed Supermans Iconic Look and Feel.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@jauzman said:

ps......I don't wish to offend anyone or any fans of Snyder/Nolan and Batman.......I love Batman too, except for Nolans version, did not like the Batsuit or Batmobile either. Just wish they hadn't changed Supermans Iconic Look and Feel.

I agree with you

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@jauzman: I was about to respond to your points about Superman's underpants/shorts, until I read that you dislike Christopher Nolan's Batman movies. Then I realized that our opinions are far to different and that I shouldn't respond as it would just lead to pointless bickering.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jauzman: I was about to respond to your points about Superman's underpants/shorts, until I read that you dislike Christopher Nolan's Batman movies. Then I realized that our opinions are far to different and that I shouldn't respond as it would just lead to pointless bickering.

See, and this is why anti-life is justified.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By SOG7dc

@jauzman:

totally 110% agree with you about nolans batman...Christian bale ugh just awful......but I totally 110%disagree about superman! I hated those stupid little panties. im glad theyre gone. although the MOS costume is pretty bad

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

this is an interesting subject to vent about lol.......I could honestly care less but I do prefer his newer design, don't get me wrong though I have a great respect of his classic design.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The classic design is just iconic. Nobody will forget it....ever. Still the red under pants needed to go.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about Nooooo

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@toptom said:

The classic design is just iconic. Nobody will forget it....ever. Still the red under pants needed to go.

it just seemed like the time was right to remove the under-pants wasn't it?

Avatar image for showboatingpenguin
    ShowboatingPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Underpants? What about his S symbol? I really hate how it looks in the new 52.

Avatar image for themysteriousmrblack
    TheMysteriousMrBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I really am about to comment on....

....Superman's underpants.

Right. When they first showed Cavill in the suit with the bank vault photo and the pants/no pants tease I admit that I hoped the red pants were there: they're iconic, part of the uniform, they break up the blue etc, etc.

Then they showed Cavill in production, full-body and --- horror --- no red pants! For a moment I felt cheated. Could I even trust Snyder/Nolan now they took away the pants? Also the blue is too dark, too scaly, too alien pipe-ey, the cape seems waaaay to long - c'mon guys have you actually ever seen Superman before??

Time passed. One teaser trailer became three trailers, which then turned into more than a dozen tv spots and I forgot all about the pants. When at last I sat down and enjoyed over 2-hours of Superman, Zod and his pals smashing the Fred Flintstone out of each other I didn't even think about the pants once.

On reflection my opinion has changed. I think the MoS Superman suit looks better without the red underwear (have you seen all the digital manips online that add them in? oh dear...). I still like the red pants, I think they actually look good in comic books, however now seeing them gone in MoS I realise how much they don't translate well to live-action.

Bottom line: I am fond of Superman's underpants but I, like he I guess, can live without them.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no worse nostalgia than missing what never happened!!

People often go to tall me how great everything was before Nolan, how amazing Burton job was, how amazingly good Superman movies were and how master pieces the Marvel movie were.

The main proble that is a past that never existed, until Nolan and Marvel Studios get into making movies, the superheroe movies were pretty damn awful, i mean the best one were the X Men and the only good pre Marvel Studios X Men movie was X2, the first one has aged horribly, the Raimi Trilogy is loved more for nostalgia that anything, Blade 1 was amazing, 2 was pretty damn solid but the third one was awful.

Tim Burton never read a comic book, his movies had zero reason to be, the character were robots and the plots generics, people were introduce to Batman thanks to him, but is obvious he never knew what he was doing with Batman, Tim Burton only directed another generic Tim Burton movie with a guy he told us was Batman, people for nostalgia never talk all of his flaw, but Schumacher who was a comic book fan at least try to make a Batman movie, sure he failed but he wasnt doing the same arrogant crap Burton did, look at his Planet of The Apes is the exact same thing, Alice the same, Dark Shadows and we could continue.

We have 6 Superman films, only 2 are actually good and people often forgets the flaw this film have, again nostalgia.

Returns wanted to live so hard in this nostalgia it shows how immature people can be, now this immaturity gets here and they try to tell you is because they are mature and old souls, no is because you want to live in a past time that never existed.

People often go nuts on Nolan, because he ruined Batman by not making him as fantastic as he is in the comics, even when this claims make no sense if you go with The Bob Kane and Bill Finger Batman or other periods of Batman where he never had to face mutants, ghost and thing like that, heck Killer Croc is the main evidence now is a mutant in the past it was a normal person.

Now this claism get with Superman, for a past it never existed, the so call flawless Superman movies, flawless comics and perfect at all.

Being older dont mean being more mature, i have met 15 year old girls that are more mature that you and i.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I find it funny that my whole life I've been hearing people bitch about the red under wear but they took them off and all of the sudden everyone just loved them. Its almost as if we as comic fans just love to bitch and will look for any reason to do so including when they finally cave to fans who've been bitching about the red underwear since the 80s.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it funny that my whole life I've been hearing people bitch about the red under wear but they took them off and all of the sudden everyone just loved them. Its almost as if we as comic fans just love to bitch and will look for any reason to do so including when they finally cave to fans who've been bitching about the red underwear since the 80s.

The only truth about comic book fans.

They like to bicth about everything and remember thing the way it wasnt, not only that they forget they bitch about the thing they say used to be cool.

This is how much i care for nerds and fanboys and their nonesense!!!
    This is how much i care for nerds and fanboys and their nonesense!!!
    Compalint he wasnt Batman enough, complaint he was too Batman
    Compalint he wasnt Batman enough, complaint he was too Batman
    He think the same of Rotten Tomatoes!!
    He think the same of Rotten Tomatoes!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.