Superman Vs Which Marvel Super Villian

#1 Posted by batkevin74 (10416 posts) - - Show Bio

My question to you all is which Marvel supervillian could take Superman in a fight. Now ignore this prep $#!+ the scenario is this: Superman accidentally flies through a subtle rift in the DCU and ends up in the Marvel Universe, completely unaware he has done so. Whilst flying along he is attacked by your Marvel bad guy. Why? This is how super fights start usually randomly because good guy stumbles across bad guy and bad guy lashes out resulting in fight. Now this isn't to the death or other retarded conditions. It's Superman from when YOU know him best.

And this is the Marvel universe SO: there's no kryptonite here, adamantium is the strongest metal around, there's no Fortress of Solitude but the Sun is yellow.

So which Marvel bad guy could take down the Man of Steel? And maybe a why as well not just "Juggernaut stomps lol"

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm.

Superman vs. Surtur and Y'mir would be an awesome fight.

#3 Posted by Comics4Me1800 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Hulk or Thor. The fanboy in me wants to see this.

#4 Posted by batkevin74 (10416 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Villian. BAD GUY! Dr Doom, Apocalypse, Magneto, Attuma, Loki, Venom, Absorbing Man, Sabretooth, Green Goblin, Abomination, Annihilus, Mr Sinister, Ultron, Kingpin, Kraven The Hunter, Kang, The Wrecking Crew, Carnage...you know the bad guys!

So let's try to keep this to Superman Vs Marvel Bad Guy/Girl if you can :)

#5 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Sentry. My dream match. Followed by Superman vs his pastiches Gladiator and Hyperion.

Superman vs Silver Surfer as well. But that would only be a good fight if SS jobs.

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:

Superman vs Sentry. My dream match. Followed by Superman vs his pastiches Gladiator and Hyperion.

Wouldn't you rather see Superman fight someone with a different power set than his own?? I mean wouldn't these just be like him fighting Zod
#7 Posted by The Stegman (23133 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki  

Thanos (debatable) 

Magneto if supes doesn't use speed blitz 

Juggernaut 

Phoenix 

#8 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: But I'm a fanboy... :( I would want Supes vs Supes every day...

Ok, for someone with different powerset I would want him (at least try) to wreck havoc against the current X-Men. Blue Team. Mags and Collossonaut and Emma would give him sh*t!

#9 Posted by GLforHIRE (453 posts) - - Show Bio

lol so many people ignore that he actually says VILLIAN...superman vs super skrull or superman

#10 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:

@cattlebattle: But I'm a fanboy... :( I would want Supes vs Supes every day...

Ok, for someone with different powerset I would want him (at least try) to wreck havoc against the current X-Men. Blue Team. Mags and Collossonaut and Emma would give him sh*t!

LOL, alright, 

I always thought him and Surfer would be a good throw down, as you said though Surfer would have to be dialed down
#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Loki Thanos (debatable) Magneto if supes doesn't use speed blitz Juggernaut Phoenix

I'd love to see that fight as well.

#12 Posted by batkevin74 (10416 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe I should write bigger: VILLIAN! BAD GUY!

#13 Posted by batkevin74 (10416 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Superman Vs Norse mythology nice.

#14 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Age Superman vs. Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet

Selfless act meets hate crime.

...Silver Age Superman ALWAYS wins,,.

#15 Posted by batkevin74 (10416 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Superman against a Sinister Twelve namely Mysterio, Electro, Sandman, The Shocker, Venom, Dr Octopus, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Rhino, Mr Negative, Scorpion & Tombstone. Individually they are pretty useless against him, but collectively and in a co-ordinated attack they could at the very least give him a hell of a time. Rhino & Tombstone thumping him whilst Sandman fills his lungs & eyes with sand, Electro & Shocker double team whilst Mysterio toys with his brain...hmmm excuse me Marvel

#16 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Thanos or Superman vs Galactus, the devourer or worlds himself!!! I also would like to see Superman take on Mordu or Mandarin, to see him use his brain and wit to outsmart them and defeat them regardless of his weakness to magic.

#17 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Thanos.
#18 Posted by VampireHunter13 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

ONLY ONE MAN CAN BEAT HIM:................DOOMS DAY....READ THE DEATH OF SUPER MAN COMIC;]

#19 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday and Superman fought to the death yes, but I wouldn't say that means only Doomsday can defeat him. I would say he has been defeated by other villains through the years as well. Sure he always eventually ends up defeating them in the end, but that same logic applies to Doomsday as well, who he also killed, and has defeated a few times since (Doomsday Wars, Hunter/Prey, Reign of Doomsday, etc.)

#20 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGoldenOne said:
Thanos.
#21 Posted by SensitivePsych0 (504 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Galactus

or Apocalypse

these 3 are all possibilities. I say Galactus has the best chance

#22 Posted by tensor (3871 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Avengers that is what i want to see no one person

#23 Posted by batkevin74 (10416 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireHunter13: Doomsday doesn't live in the MARVEL UNIVERSE!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.