Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18885 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman vs Thor vs Silver Surfer?

IamV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After a while spent reading vs. threads between these three powerhouse's, I'm a little confused by something.

From what I have read, It's generally accepted that Thor can defeat Silver Surfer. It's also generally accepted that Superman can defeat Thor. However, I've also read that Superman cannot take Silver Surfer on at all.

Can you guys please clarify what's up in these scenarios?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lighting affects superman so I don't see why thor couldn't beat him

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman beat everone

SS is just seriously overestimated in comicvine

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@powerwoman: While I think Superman beats Thor he would lose to silver surfer. If Surfer actualy used his freaking powers right.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: I know,everyone say ss can freaking poweres to do superman,but this actually depends entirely on the writer

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

@powerwoman: True. You have some instances where he is godly powerful and others where he gets stomped by Thor. Most of the time from him not using his full power.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

SS using his power to the fullest should GOD SMACK Thor and Supes.

Thor and Superman are pretty close, despite what people says, a battle between them could go either way.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Wolverine008

SS using his power to the fullest should GOD SMACK Thor and Supes.

Thor and Superman are pretty close, despite what people says, a battle between them could go either way.

THIS.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Superman are pretty close?

lol..........

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@powerwoman: They are. Strength pretty much equal.

Speed= Superman

Overall power= Thor

SS would win if he uses his power. If not either Superman or Thor. Both are the most powerful superheroes of their universe

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thor has beaten SS before and the main issue here is that mjolnir is a great defence against SS Cosmic powers. Superman doesn't have a defence against the power cosmic and theoretically SS could do anything he wanted to Superman. He can manipulate matter, time travel, create black holes, drain energy, etc, etc. I feel sure he would have the ability to remove Superman from his yellow sun power source and then KO him. I'm not sure who says Superman will beat Thor. I think that one is too close to call.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor using his full power vs SS using his full power = Thor for the win, when you add, Warriors Madness, Odinforce , or Rune King Thor, the degree of the loss for the SS just increases. In the case of Superman the battle can go eitherway in a regular battle ,but that's without Odinforce, Rune King, or Warrior Madness power levels. Warrior Madness Thor would put Superman at a disadvantage, Thor wouldn't hold back at all.

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really is just based on who the writer wants to win. If Superman can holf up the weight of the planet for five days, and travel faster than light how can anyone below a Galactus level really beat him. Writers always just pull out whichever power, or ignore another's power whenever they want. Thor without the Odinforce shouldn't beat SS nor Superman even with warriors madness.

MightyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MightyBeast

Thor over silver surfer over superman. Superman is outclassed in my opinion though not by much. And let's face it these vs is only people's speculation. Don't go calling me a thor fan boy either. Tour and silver surfer are my faves along with a few others in marvel and superman and gl are in dc.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcjr said:

It really is just based on who the writer wants to win. If Superman can holf up the weight of the planet for five days, and travel faster than light how can anyone below a Galactus level really beat him. Writers always just pull out whichever power, or ignore another's power whenever they want. Thor without the Odinforce shouldn't beat SS nor Superman even with warriors madness.

galactus is way above the planet busting level,people that beat superman or give him a very good fight usually are other powerful kriptonians,doomsday,darksierd,orion,black adam,manhunter,wonder woman,maxima,etc,all planet busters.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and thor Strength pretty much equal?

lol

StudentOfJorEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By StudentOfJorEl

Well, I'm pretty sure Superman can Handle Surfer only if Surfer is morals on and Superman bloodlusted. Silver Surfer bloodlusted destroys Superman and Thor. Thor with Warrior Madness is crazy levels. People say that Superman would loose so easily which when I read some comics of him doing some things, I think he can fight a moral on silver surfer and here are reasons:

In ACTION COMICS #847, There was one point of Superman fighting a Sun Eater. He took alot of radiation and red sun energy to the face just to protect the bomb. Even taking all of the hits, Superman still survived and detonate the bomb and the Sun Eater exploded as Superman survives. After that, he took his adopted father home. In Superman For Tomorrow, he fought General Zod under a Red Sun and their battle cracks up a planet they were on and Superman still won.

Now you can count that as surviving red sun radiation or a exploding star level, Sun eaters eats Stars and planets for breakfast. The Man Of Steel can still fight under a Red star radiation but needs to work harder. Kal El wouldn't loose that easily with red sun radiation.

Superman resisted double black holes ((even if it wasn't real ones.)) it was still two black holes while he was flying at Mach 1,000 or 10x the speed of light to escape them. He matches a vibrating pattern off a freaking planet.

No Caption Provided

Molecular level by escaping black holes are right there. Matching a pattern off a planet. He actual can go Intagible. He just needs to work with alot of energy.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By themadsurfer

@studentofjorel: Thor wasn't in warrior madness when he defeated SS and Post SS stomp Supes and can easily win against Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last posts I read, Thor was broken, his combat speed should match his class. Even hulk can move fast when motivated.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.