Superman VS. The Elite Discussion!

#1 Edited by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as this movie has been leaked already, many people have already watched it. (So have I.)

I am not going to post a link, since that is probably against some rule, but it is not difficult to find.

For those of us that have seen it already:

What did you guys think?

I personally love the DC animated movies (with the exception of one or two) and this really ranks up there for me. At the end, it's actually surprisingly touching, and I even uttered an "Aw, Superman...". It really helped flesh out Superman as more than just the "man of steel" and his faith in humanity, as an alien, really makes him feel even more "human" than any of the other metahumans in this movie.

I know the original comic was rated very highly, but many also view it to be overrated. What did you guys think? =D

#2 Posted by HolySerpent (12463 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt see it yet. But I thought it came out already

#3 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Its out???

#4 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

I didnt see it yet. But I thought it came out already

The official release date is for five days from now. =] (I believe)@soccersss said:

Its out???

The leak for the film is out, which is how I watched it. Most DCAU films leak a week or two before they actually release.

#5 Posted by HolySerpent (12463 posts) - - Show Bio

Give me the website...

#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (6331 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme: ihave just watched it and it was a better than i thoughtit was going to be.

#7 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss said:

Its out???

Same reaction.

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12590 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they would do a live action movie like this....it made you really understand why Superman is how he is..

#9 Edited by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, a movie I can rank above Red Hood as best (recent, not set in dcau) DC animated movie yet.

#10 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs better animation...

#11 Posted by syoungkeezy (81 posts) - - Show Bio

i kinda liked the movie didnt like the ending it was way to clean, i just think that for once a hero movie should end with the hero questioning themselves and not all happy

#12 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Moral of the movie: Don't F*ck with Superman.

#13 Posted by cattlebattle (12590 posts) - - Show Bio
@syoungkeezy said:

i kinda liked the movie didnt like the ending it was way to clean, i just think that for once a hero movie should end with the hero questioning themselves and not all happy

Superman questioned himself throughout the whole movie
#14 Posted by jastrocol (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Hated the animation, liked the maturity

#15 Posted by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it.

#16 Posted by Reginleif (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Manchester Black was difficult to understand at times, we should invade england and teach them how to speak

#17 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh. I gotta check this out later. Was this based on a particular story? Cause I don't recall an "Elite" story :/

#18 Posted by Reginleif (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it is based on a story, called Whatever Happened to Truth Justice and the American way.

#19 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thoroughly impressed by it, and I'm not much of a Superman fan. I don't know why everyone's complaining about the animation, I thought it was nicely done for the most part. This is now definitely one of my favorite animated superhero movies.

#20 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. An excellent movie from start to the end.

I do understand the choice of animations now. They wanted this to look a little "old fashion" in the beginning to show how supes is still who he is. Then turned this into an insanely mature and edgy thing at the end. You can tell by the change in how Superman looks after he went berserk.

Great show. Another 5 star production from Warner premier. I would love to see another of Super DTV animated movie. Hopefully this time with the animations closer to Young Justice and without the underwear.

#21 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. The storyline was brilliantly done. We see some good character development for Superman. He had to deal with some tough mature issues and he handled them brilliantly. This movie also makes you realize that everyone is screwed if Superman ever decides to cross that line.

Regardless of what you think of the animation, everyone should watch it.

#22 Posted by Dernman (14766 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya It was good. I was surprised I liked it. I thought I wasn't because of the animation but the story makes you forget that.

#23 Posted by Supermansito (196 posts) - - Show Bio

great movie !!

#24 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

piece of crap. like justice league doom.

#25 Posted by Onemoreposter (3953 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man! Best Superman movie EVER! Ok, maybe 2nd or third. Those first too Reeves movies were damn good. BUT YEAH! I loved everything about it. It was a Superman from my favorite era. Heres why:

Clark was either married to Lois or just living with her BUT either way she knew the secret and there was a great dynamic there we don't get to a see in a lot of Superman media.

Superman HAD THE TRUNKS! This may be the last time we see the red trunks displayed in an animated film. I hear filming has already began on a Flashpoint title and very soon I think we'll be seeing the DCnU costumes in animated media.

THE AMERICAN WAY got mentioned! I know he's a global hero and it's more financially sensible not to pander to any particular country. I know the "american way" isn't necessarily a good thing these days. I know that phrase wasn't even originally something superman said or part of his mythos (long long ago). HOWEVER, for many us, it's a big part of the mythos. I haven't seen him mention it in film for a long time and this may be the last time we see it happen.

There was a great display of power. Speed, strength, x-ray/heat vision, hearing, breath powers. Love how they showed him up above the clouds zeroing in a single voice. Regardless of what the material is, this movie did a bang up job of displaying most of things Superman can do. It wasn't just another story where he's strong, can fly, and shoot laser out've his eyes.

The robots/fortress! Superman is established as smart and self sufficient, but more importantly WE GET THROW BACKS TO THE SILVERAGE! GIANT GOLDEN KEY? HELL YEAH!!! Plus, Superman has all the great superman-bots to help him handle the most extreme of situations.

I actually could go on and on about this flick. So much great about it, but for now I want to here what others have to say before i go on

#26 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

That movie is a prove of how badass Superman is, as I've read the comic before I was like "Oh man he made them say the answer ('why u no kill bad guys' question) themselves Oooooooooh dude you're awesome"

#27 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it but I think they made the Elite too villainous. They had Menagerie randomly kill a dog for no reason at the beginning and they basically said that they lobotomized Bunny so they could use it as their base.

Also, it never really felt like Superman could lose since they showed the Elite getting their asses kicked by Atomic Skull and then Superman had to rescue them so it was pretty obvious that Superman is more powerful than all of them combined.

#28 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

They be dissing the Authority indirectly from The Elite, fun watch though

#29 Posted by Night Thrasher (3605 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a decent movie. C+ to B- grade for me. I enjoyed it but wouldn't sweat it if I never saw it again.

#30 Edited by Rouflex (15098 posts) - - Show Bio

The best Superhero animated movie i've seen.

#31 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't watched the movie yet but the book was awesome, and that bloody face at the end of the arc, man that was badass.

Moral of the story: Don't F*ck with Superman.

Agreed

#32 Edited by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

it was great. and very emotional.

supes was good and i like the purple guy.

#33 Posted by consolemaster001 (4979 posts) - - Show Bio

it's really good

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.