Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman Vs Planet Earth

Mr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mr24
    No Caption Provided

So I posted this question on Facebook because I curious to see what people had to say. Now I'm posting it here to see what you have to say. I haven't seen anyone post this question so forgive me if someone did and I missed it.

So my question is, If Superman took on our current real life Planet Earth who would win?

RULES:

THIS EARTH IS OUR CURRENT DAY REAL LIFE PLANET EARTH.

ALSO THIS IS MAN OF STEEL POST CRISIS SUPERMAN.

No Kryptonite, No other Heroes or Villians exist.

Can only say "Magic" if you can prove that level real of magic exist in our real life.

If you say "Red Sun Energy" you have to describe in a realist way how this would work.

Just in Case you ask his goal is to enslave mankind even if he has to kill a few people to get the job done.

(Take Note. Though I said "No Kryptonite" See this as it being that we don't have real world access to it.)

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

The better question is could earth win?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins. we stand almost no chance.

Mr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? Is it that cut and dry? It's funny on Facebook about 2 people felt we did. I believe if the human race stood together we could accomplish anything. Still the question is for you guys.

Superman wins. we stand almost no chance.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hello, President Superman!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Superman.
    We stand no chance to hurt him. And we lack the comic-book's world tech. Even our greatest weapon is something Superman can easily avoid and it will only result on weakening us.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins. we stand literally no chance.

Fixed.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doe we have Dragon Balls or something like that?

Because i am sure if we dont have thing like that, we are screwed.

Mr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

feel like you guys are giving up without a fight. I feel the answers lies within the weakness we've seen him have vs what we can actually create. Didn't Sodam Yat a Daxamite (a race which descended from Kryptonians with inherent Superman-like powers) get radiation poisoning while fighting Super boy Prime? So is it fair to say that Radiation could be the key?

Come on Guys don't just give up. How can we defeat Superman?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr24 said:

feel like you guys are giving up without a fight. I feel the answers lies within the weakness we've seen him have vs what we can actually create. Didn't Sodam Yat a Daxamite (a race which descended from Kryptonians with inherent Superman-like powers) get radiation poisoning while fighting Super boy Prime? So is it fair to say that Radiation could be the key?

Come on Guys don't just give up. How can we defeat Superman?

Kryptonians don't have the same weakness as Daxamites. Sodam had LEAD poisoning, they die almost instantly when they are near lead.

Mr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mr24

@squalleon: Could Superman be poison or given a sedative? Thanks for the correction BTW.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Squalleon

@mr24 said:

@squalleon: Could Superman be poison or given a sedative? Thanks for the correction BTW.

Nope, his metabolism is super-fast. Its the same reason he can't get drunk.

He can only die by kryptonite poisoning.

Mr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's what some of the guys on FACEBOOK said :

Greg Phillips "Yes. Lure him into red electromagnetic light and shoot him in the head once he is in it."

Eric Nicolas · "The people of Earth would first have to agree to oppose Superman, which all of them would do EXCEPT the U.S. congress. Without the U.S. to pay for opposing Superman nothing would be done and he would dominate the Earth"

Tony Polanco "With enough nuclear weapons they have a chance but the Earth might get destroyed in the process."

David Chapman "While red sun radiation does drain his powers, in theory, Superman is a giant solar battery. You wouldn't necessarily need to expose him to the red spectrum ... you'd "only" need to find a way to keep him from being exposed to the sun while the energy burned out of his cells. Not saying that would be an easy task, but if you can weaken him enough, then it's just a matter of sealing him in a bunker deep underground."

Mr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mr24

I think I remember someone who created a synthetic version of Kryptonite. Could we Walter White our way to a version that could hurt Superman?

Basically could we create Kryptonite in real life? Isn't there a comic with a recipe for it? Or if there something we could create close to it?

I just found this article: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/real-kryptonite-discovered/

(Take Note. Though I said "No Kryptonite" See this as it being that we don't have real world access to it.)

@squalleon said:

@mr24 said:

Nope, his metabolism is super-fast. Its the same reason he can't get drunk.

He can only die by kryptonite poisoning.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By BatWatch

My only thought is that you could block out the sun through cloud cover in several ways which would eliminate Superman's way to recharge on Earth. The problem is, Supes could still slip out of the Atmosphere and recharge. I think this method would work IF we could find some way to drain his charge while still on Earth. I assume his cells draw off yellow energy to heal, so perhaps if we could drop several nukes on him after a complete black out? Maybe we could lure him underground far enough to collapse a tunnel and make him lose enough energy to be Earth bound? It still isn't likely since Superman can fly even when beaten down, so he'd still probably get above the cover.

Any ideas on draining Superman's reserves quickly of keeping him landlocked?

By cloud cover, I mean like many bombs that would fill up the sky with black smoke. Making volcanos active. That sort of thing.

Mr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you, for trying to figure something out. Well is there a way to prevent him from flying? Has anyone read a comic were someone stop his ability to fly? I figure that if we could at least ground him we might have a better chance.

@batwatch said:

My only thought is that you could block out the sun through cloud cover in several ways which would eliminate Superman's way to recharge on Earth. The problem is, Supes could still slip out of the Atmosphere and recharge. I think this method would work IF we could find some way to drain his charge while still on Earth. I assume his cells draw off yellow energy to heal, so perhaps if we could drop several nukes on him after a complete black out? Maybe we could lure him underground far enough to collapse a tunnel and make him lose enough energy to be Earth bound? It still isn't likely since Superman can fly even when beaten down, so he'd still probably get above the cover.

By cloud cover, I mean like many bombs that would fill up the sky with black smoke. Making volcanos active. That sort of thing.

Mr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a way to ground Superman?

@batwatch said:

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From common sense/real world science – Superman shouldn’t have any “red sunlight” weakness. At best it would be like darkness for him – he can’t recharge from it but he doesn’t lose any power either.

Magic – can’t be proven and as far as I concerned it doesn’t exist.

Kryptonite – without the piece of original Kryptonite, without comic’s level of technology and geniuses like Batman, Atom and Luthor there is no synthetic Kryptonite for you.

I’ll say that we have some chance if our would-be-ruler is Byrne-era’s Superman. Compared to current New-52 and Pre-Flashpoint Supermen, he is a street-level character. Several well placed nukes (though I don’t know how we will bait him in a trap) – and problem will be probably solved. If we’re talking about Superman as he’s now, well, KNEEL BEFORE KAL-EL.

Mr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From common sense/real world science – Superman shouldn’t have any “red sunlight” weakness. At best it would be like darkness for him – he can’t recharge from it but he doesn’t lose any power either.

Magic – can’t be proven and as far as I concerned it doesn’t exist.

Kryptonite – without the piece of original Kryptonite, without comic’s level of technology and geniuses like Batman, Atom and Luthor there is no synthetic Kryptonite for you.

I’ll say that we have some chance if our would-be-ruler is Byrne-era’s Superman. Compared to current New-52 and Pre-Flashpoint Supermen, he is a street-level character. Several well placed nukes (though I don’t know how we will bait him in a trap) – and problem will be probably solved. If we’re talking about Superman as he’s now, well, KNEEL BEFORE KAL-EL.

I as far as baiting him goes. I feel he will be over confident and with that we have a chance.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr24:

I as far as baiting him goes. I feel he will be over confident and with that we have a chance.

Maybe. Or we will find a couple of actually brave politicians/country leaders who would be prepared to sacrifice their life’s and would lure Superman into some set location (“to negotiate some terms”, for example). Then – nukes go “boom” and it’s done. Though this variant is highly unlikely.

Avatar image for l3g3ndarypheonix
    L3g3ndaryPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By L3g3ndaryPheonix

@sanohibiki said:

@mr24:

Maybe. Or we will find a couple of actually brave politicians/country leaders who would be prepared to sacrifice their life’s and would lure Superman into some set location (“to negotiate some terms”, for example). Then – nukes go “boom” and it’s done. Though this variant is highly unlikely.

well they would need there best poker faces seeing that superman can tell when people are lying,nervous

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

Superman wins. we stand literally no chance.

Fixed.

Thanks for the fix. I don´t know what I was thinking when I wrote almost.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman bench-presses planets. I think we're kind of out of our league here.

Mr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, it's almost sad to see that earth has no chance according to you guys.

opis34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr24: It's sad that we have no chance of beating a fictional alien that can bench press planets and live in the sun?

Mr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opis34 said:

@mr24: It's sad that we have no chance of beating a fictional alien that can bench press planets and live in the sun?

YEAH because if something like this ever happen we'd be destroyed without a fight according most of you. Lets Hope that a superman never comes lol.

Still is this the best you guys can think of? I'm pretty sure some of thought of ways to defeat him. Just come up with ways that can work in our world.

Mr24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki said:

@mr24:

well they would need there best poker faces seeing that superman can tell when people are lying,nervous

I agree with by of you!

What's a plan we could foresee happening in order to defeat him?

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saying "drop a bomb on him" would only kill any earth based life in the vicinity,while he is on the other side of the planet laughing at how stupid we are.

We need extremely maneuverable and fast jets are something,with as much heavy over the top artillery on each of them,and we would need a fleet made up of every military in the planet to do this.

Other than that,it probably is impossible,he is to fast to hit,to durable to hurt,to full of super senses to sneak up on,to strong and has heat vision and super breath to go at him face to face.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins in one shot!

Anyone that has read the comics knows of Supes power levels. And in most cases if he really wanted he could destroy the Earth like it was made of paper.

Humanity could fire all the worlds nukes at him and he would still be there with a smile on his face. Either than nukes we in this Earth have no other weapon that could come close to harm him least of all kill him. We don't have black hole's powered weapons, we don't have exotic matter weapons, and when it comes to magic, if magic existed in this world at the level that it exists in the comics, I think we all would have noticed by now.

All said and down, it's a no brainer. Superman wins without breaking a sweat.

Avatar image for havenothingtodo
    HaveNothingToDo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have a real God watching over us and wanting what's best for us. God created everything in the universe that includes the Sun! God can make sure Superman doesn't hurt us. /thread

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
    MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman one-shots the planet.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman stomps.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.