Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman vs Goku Death Battle....

• 58 results
    HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HushoftheWind

And i agree with the results

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-goku-vs-superman

LifeShaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LifeShaver

Since it was all about on-panel feats. Then I agree too

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Birthright

Good fight but the could have used characters so much more effectively

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By z3ro180

I completely agree this battle was worth the wait

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#5  Edited By Teerack

I agree with it but at the same time i think they should off like considered the fact Goku and Superman don't want to kill anyone while fighting.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eternal19

It would be better if they just stuck to one version of supes. Preferrably the post-crisis one

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Icon

I can't imagine Supes letting the world be destroyed like that but overall I am happy with the outcome. XD

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Lvenger

@Icon: One of the rules about death battles is that all character morals are lifted for the battle. Characters basically fight with morals off and that's what Superman was doing in the fight.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lvenger

@Teerack: Refer to my first post here in answer to your point about Superman and Goku not caring about destroying the Earth.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Icon

@Lvenger: I originally thought it just meant that it was a battle to the death, not that all morals are off, so to speak. But you're right and it makes sense in context. It's just a little odd as a Superman fan and understanding what drives him to see him blowing up Earth. :p

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lvenger

@Icon: Well it's all an restraints off battle hence the fact Superman is willing to do what's necessary to end the fight. But I have to admit seeing Superman act all brutal in this fight was quite a change to say the least :P

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

/Closes eyes and covers ears

GOKU WINS!!!!

Good breakdown, made sense

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

My thoughts?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Kal'smahboi

I was skeptical at first. I honestly thought that Goku was going to win. These guys don't mess around though. I'm glad Supes won :)

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By saoakden

It was an awesome battle! My favorite Death Battle to date!

lachydotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lachydotc

Good video I think it was put together well

Avatar image for herofromkrypton
    HeroFromKrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HeroFromKrypton

@Eternal19 said:

It would be better if they just stuck to one version of supes. Preferrably the post-crisis one

If it's the version that can push Warworld, sure.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lvenger

@Eternal19 said:

True their use of All Star Superman was a tad off but post crisis could still move the Earth by himself and shove Pluto through a Boom Tube after sun dipping. He also has nano second reaction times, is durable enough to withstand planet busting and supernova blasts plus he's a better strategist than Goku. Not in terms of combat but in terms of brain lobotomies and having to invent new tactics to defeat a revolving rogues gallery. Sure they got some things wrong but the evidence that was sound showed why Superman would win the fight.

zeejaybay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zeejaybay

I wish they would have used better fight choreography and animation but the music and research was outstanding. I loved the epilogue at the end explaining both their appeal, it was oddly moving. Overall it was absurdly well made.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SandMan_

I don't know....It would have been cool to end it with a draw....But at least Supes won, but I would have been equally ok if Goku won.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By toptom

that is an amazing video! though i believe that thay have made some "errors" as: exposing superman to k-nite and magic..even if goku has never used his power pole in the whole dragonbal z...or letting goku being ss4 and even using khaioken in that form.

but they has made superman capable to stop a khamea x 10 with his heat vision...which is just absurd. his heat vision is hotter than the sun but it has not the power to destroy planets.

however i agree with the result,and..... i just loved the fight.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was very well done and hope that after everyone's watched it we can finally put this vs fight to rest.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Skunkstein

@toptom said:

that is an amazing video! though i believe that thay have made some "errors" as: exposing superman to k-nite and magic..even if goku has never used his power pole in the whole dragonbal z...or letting goku being ss4 and even using khaioken in that form.

but they has made superman capable to stop a khamea x 10 with his heat vision...which is just absurd. his heat vision is hotter than the sun but it has not the power to destroy planets.

It have been stated that Supermans heatvision have the potential to destroy planets - plus he didnt really stop it, he just slowed it down for a few seconds before he was pushed back into the sun.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By toptom

@Skunkstein said:

@toptom said:

It have been stated that Supermans heatvision have the potential to destroy planets - plus he didnt really stop it, he just slowed it down for a few seconds before he was pushed back into the sun.

it was never stated in comics that superman's heat vision is capable of destroying a planet. however in the video he has stopped a x 10 kameah,then goku has just used kaioken in ss4 pushing supes into the sun..which is the greatest error he has ever made.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jobbernos

superman wins effortlessly.

BurningFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BurningFlame

It was an excellent battle. Mind you, there are a few things that could have been executed a little better, but overall it was awesome

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#27  Edited By StMichalofWilson

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

My thoughts?

LOL!!!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ComicStooge

@toptom said:

@Skunkstein said:

@toptom said:

it was never stated in comics that superman's heat vision is capable of destroying a planet. however in the video he has stopped a x 10 kameah,then goku has just used kaioken in ss4 pushing supes into the sun..which is the greatest error he has ever made.

The battle is purely for entertainment purposes.

JayJayCAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By JayJayCAW

I love how this fight ended, being a fan of both character, I'd like to think I know what both characters are capable of. It was fun sitting there calling all the stats before it was mentioned by the commentators lol. 

That being said..........the fight could have been better, on both sides, I get it was rushed and lets face it, this is fan made so they dont have the budget for a top of the line animation, end result I personally think would be the same, but yea it just seemed like both where held back.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Devil_Driver

I ultimately agree that Superman would win the fight but I feel like a weaker version of Superman would have been more appropriate, he would still win but the battle would have perhaps been more interesting. Although kudos to Goku for holding out as long as he did, ultimately as a fan of both characters the right man won. Although I've been losing interest in Superman lately, mostly because I never feel like he is challenged, and ultimately he will always be "as strong as he needs to be" and I really find walking plot device types to be boring after a while. I will say though that I do currently enjoy the New 52 Superman and the encounter he had with Hellspont was enjoyable to read, it feels like he will eventually escalate into overpowered territory as he always does.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vaeternus

I enjoyed it, thought they got it right for once

Avatar image for hellothisismary
    HellothisisMary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HellothisisMary

I agree with the results of the battle, not because of the hilarious statistics and equations needed to find Goku's true power (honestly, it was written differently every time because Akira Toriyama pretty much did whatever he wanted, and so did the writers for Superman), but also because I don't even consider Super Saiyan 4 canon. Akira didn't have anything to do with Dragonball GT. Super Saiyan 4 was his idea originally, but he never really wrote it up fully.

Secondly, I always thought Superman would win, because when it comes right down to it, their power sources differ in availability. Superman has a nearly unlimited pool of energy from our sun. Goku is limited to his stores of Ki, or multiples of it. It's not even comparable.

It's almost an unfair fight, when you add Goku's naivete and quest for fairness. If he weren't so stubborn, he could have just stabbed Superman with the Kryptonite. Superman wasn't nearly as forgiving. He annihilated the Senzu beans Goku had as soon as he knew what they were. He wouldn't give an enemy a chance to win just for the sake of seeing their full power.

Nightwing_1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nightwing_1234

Superman benched the earth for 5 days= 14 septillion pounds. in five days non stop i estimate 250,000 reps.

then plug into formula

X times reps = Y

Y + initial weight= Max

x .03

----------------------------------------------

x 250,000

------------------------------------------------------

+ 14,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

that is supermans max bench: 1 dectillion(spelling), 50 nonillion

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By JakeN7

@HellothisisMary said:

but also because I don't even consider Super Saiyan 4 canon. Akira didn't have anything to do with Dragonball GT. Super Saiyan 4 was his idea originally, but he never really wrote it up fully.

Actually...straight from Dragonball Wikia:

Toriyama's involvement and canon debate

"Akira Toriyama is credited as author in the ending credits of Dragon Ball GT; he oversaw the series' production, this was the same process that was used during the production of the anime series Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. He drew a rough design for the GT logo, he designed the GT appearance of the series main cast, and he designed the appearances of Giru and the GT spaceshipused in the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga. He also drew at least three color pictures of Goku, Pan, and Trunks adventuring on various planets (Monmaasu,Rudeeze, and an area in Hell).

Toriyama seems to have positive feelings towards his works' continuation, as he drew his own version of Super Saiyan 4Goku (which was originally designed by Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru) exclusively for the Dragon Box GT. Characters and events from GT have also been included in more recent Dragon Ball video games.

Despite these facts, some fans do not consider GT canon, most often claiming that the series was not directly written by Toriyama. GT was not originally produced as manga like its predecessors, Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, and contains minor, rarely seen elements which are inconsistent with Dragon Ball Z. However, GT has the fewest inconsistencies of all three anime series, making it difficult to cite the few that exist as a reason for the series to be set aside as non-canon."

I bolded the the things I thought were the most important to consider.

I hate it when people assume GT isn't canon without even doing the research. It most certainly is canon and it's actually a great show. I own all the episodes of all three series (DB, DBZ, and DBGT.)

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps very very very very hard (i am sorry, really i hate him like hell and more because their supertards) but come one this is unfair... the only advantage for goku is his speed, and his combat skills hell better combat skills, but he is not durable, or powerful, and he can be freeze or burned by the heat vision. and more if we talking about of a bloodlusted superman.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also supes is only dead if there's a red sun, red or green kryptonite, or magic, goku don't have any of them, goku is dead

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

The arguments are just wrong, especially about Power Level. Even though power levels themselves are unreliable as time goes on largely due to suppression and such they do provide some measure and they contradict what the people in that video say as does the basic Super Sayia-jin lore.

Something like 100 power is what it takes to destroy the moon.

it takes 10^29 J of energy to destroy the Moon

Goku's rough power level in his final form is 2.5 billion / 100 which means just standing around his energy output is ...

10^29 x 25^6 J or 25^36 J which is pretty much what you'd get if you took the moon, divided it in half, turned 1 side into antimatter and smashed the sides into each other. That's what he is producing just standing around doing nothing.

It's basically 1/10,000,000 the energy of a supernova without trying. And all the small ki blasts that Goku would be firing would be at that level. Here's the thing... when the characters shoot their beams the general power up is 10x their standing power and if they use anything else like kaioken it's times whatever level it is... I think Goku usually does like x5 or x10 so any Kamehameha is something like 25 ^38 J... at minimum however the kicker is that we know that they grow exponentially so even at that minimum we just mentioned which would mess Superman up pretty badly we're talking way underpowering Goku in the numbers considering that we know that 1.4 billion power level is enough to annihilate multiple galaxies near instantly meaning that Goku's power level of 2.5 billion...

This means his power level in energy is something like two times 1–2×10^62 J at least and while Superman has survived multiple supernovae Broly has survived and caused them and many many more than we have ever seen Superman survive... of course we also know that those Supernovae would actually not do much to Superman due to him absorbing the light as it is being sent off resulting in a balancing and neutralizing where as a Ki punch wouldn't be absorbable... so yeah.

Of course the end result, as I've explained before, would actually be how you determine the winner... Theoretically Goku could destroy all the stars in the universe and then beat the crap out of superman resulting in Goku winning, but then everyone would die and Goku would do that. He could also do it just in the local area but still he would do that. Goku has a bigger standard power supply and it is naturally regenerating so even if it took all his power to do it he could just stop and rest a while and be back up to par while superman could not. However that's a long term strategy that again Goku likely wouldn't use. In the short run in a 1on1 battle with both their characters in tact Superman would win simply due to the fact that his power source is external and continuously charging and could recharge far faster than Goku could.

So if we're judging based on if the powers were used in the most effective way possible to completely subdue the other. Goku wins, but if we're talking short term fight, Superman wins.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TJSH96

Anybody who says Screwattack's Goku vs Superman death-battle was inaccurate is delusional.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lvenger

@tjsh96 said:

Anybody who says Screwattack's Goku vs Superman death-battle was accurate is delusional.

Fixed. In regards to the outcome of the battle, I agree Superman wins. But Death Battle is a poor, not very credible source to prove that. Also you've just stirred the hornet's nest by bumping this.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOKU isnt match superman

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lvenger

@powerwoman said:

GOKU isnt match superman

No Caption Provided

Their calculations were off. The 40 ton feat wasn't a good way to measure Goku's physical strength. Someone did a better calculation using Goku's flipping of Giant Piccolo in Dragon Ball as a better measurement for Goku's base physical strength which could then be multiplied by the Gravity Formula. But striking power is what's more important and contrary to what DBZ fans believe, Superman has the edge in that regard.

CairoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CairoV

Superman benched the earth for 5 days= 14 septillion pounds. in five days non stop i estimate 250,000 reps.

then plug into formula

X times reps = Y

Y + initial weight= Max

x .03

----------------------------------------------

x 250,000

+ 14,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

that is supermans max bench: 1 dectillion(spelling), 50 nonillion

This is beyond ridiculous.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since it was all about on-panel feats. Then I agree too

This.

DARK_PASSENGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PowerWoman

Superman kill goku with one punch

I dont know why people still talking about this

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Superman kill goku with one punch

I dont know why people still talking about this

DaqiLin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFpU8WEBFRk

It got every detail of Goku's true strength calculation.

DaqiLin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFpU8WEBFRk

It got every detail of Goku's true strength calculation.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@daqilin: I call bullsh*t, the creator him self said that power levels are useless when it comes to trying to determine ones real strength, ALSO you can throw as much theories as you want, screwattack put the actual clip of him lifting those wights and it was nowhere near what you put.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TJSH96

Goku's too much for Superman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.