Superman vs. Aquaman

#1 Posted by knightofthechronicle (707 posts) - - Show Bio

We've all asked who is the fastest runner, Flash or Superman, well then who do you guys think is the fastest swimmer, Aquaman or Superman?

#2 Posted by KZR (487 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, I saw the title and thought "who puts Aquaman against Superman" but I misjudged you pal. This is a very good thread. I'm gonna say Aquaman as he has way more swimming experience.

#3 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Aquaman, that's kinda his area of expertise.

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Selinaky said:

I say Aquaman, that's kinda his area of expertise.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Just how fast can Aquaman swim? Because of Superman's sheer strength alone, the density of the water shouldn't be a factor on his end, so I'd imagine that swimming to him is like flying in space or something.

#6 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Superman......

#7 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman's the faster swimmer,his body is built for that,but is superman was flying underwater(u get what i mean right) with his hands streched out infront of him fingers pointed out cutting through the water,he wld probably be faster.

#8 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre DCnU Aquaman in an issue of Justice League (first series) were together underwater and Superman was helping Aquaman. Aquaman theorised he was faster than Superman underwater, but didn't want to make Superman feel bad. And he had other feats like 20000 feet in a second, etc

He also has tagged and kept up with Flash (and Superman) while he was running (flying for Supes) many times, without any trouble.

New DCU Aquaman has already gone much faster than Hypersonic speed, which is any speed > Mach 5, but we don't know his limits. Still a good indication of his speed.

I don't know who is faster, but is Superman really swimming? Isn't he just flying, without moving a muscle?

#9 Edited by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Just how fast can Aquaman swim? Because of Superman's sheer strength alone, the density of the water shouldn't be a factor on his end, so I'd imagine that swimming to him is like flying in space or something.

Well water would have more resistance than air or space, not to mention the planets gravity. It would be easier to fly in space without gravity in general. The actual effects on Superman might be negligible though...

@UltimateSMfan said:

Aquaman's the faster swimmer,his body is built for that,but is superman was flying underwater(u get what i mean right) with his hands streched out infront of him fingers pointed out cutting through the water,he wld probably be faster.

Makes sense in theory.

#10 Posted by HushoftheWind (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: for the record, i think Aquaman could hang with Supes for good length,

also, yes Aquaman is a faster swimmer.

#11 Posted by stephens2177 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

is this a joke thread? aquaman is at best close to action comics#1 superman,but good god,nowhere close to superman presently.

#12 Posted by SUNMAN (7262 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. cause end of the day he can just fly underwater without any resistance. And I don't think Aquaman can swim nearly as fast as Superman can fly.

#13 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#14 Posted by jwalser3 (5191 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#15 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can fly to the sun and back faster than the speed of light. Can Aquaman swim faster than the speed of light?

Superman

#16 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion said:

Superman can fly to the sun and back faster than the speed of light. Can Aquaman swim faster than the speed of light?

Superman

This. The problem with Supes not clocking in faster than speed of light during the majority of his time on earth is because of his fear of tearing through the structure of our atmosphere.

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

.Superman is a faster swimmer than Aquaman.

#18 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

Still Superman......
#19 Posted by Thorcules (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#20 Posted by knightofthechronicle (707 posts) - - Show Bio

So far we've got Superman leading by one vote. Keep voting guys.

#21 Posted by Icon (2093 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to vote for Superman. He is a lot faster than Aquaman, and while not at his fastest under water he should still be fast enough to win.

#22 Edited by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

If Supes can just basically fly underwater he would definitely be more hydrodynamic for movement and speed.

Not having to flap his arms and legs.

#23 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman one shots the mermaid. Heres why, Superman at his peak can destroy planets with single punches and lift planetary weight, while Aquaman can only lift 10000 tons, if he is in water. Not to mention Superman is far far far far far far far faster. Superman and Aquaman in speed comparison is like comparing a rocket to a snail.

#24 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

The amount of water superman can move is a lot more than Aquaman. And as an Aquaman fan, I'm okay with that. So long has Aquaman has compelling stories I will like him.

#25 Posted by SoA (4975 posts) - - Show Bio

one would think supes but if you add that no flight propulsion that he actually has to swim using his own muscles can he out do aquaman , then again its not like supes breathes and if he gets frustrated and is flailing around would he cause a tsunami or a maelstrom or something?

#26 Posted by NiKva (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman can swim faster. Superman can travel through water faster, but not through swimming.

#27 Posted by AssertingValor (5396 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

Still Superman......
#28 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. Aquaman sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.