Superman vs. Aliens

#1 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone read this outstanding crossover? one of my favorite Superman stories and crossover comics.

When i heard about this back in 95 when i was 14 earlier in may in Wizard magazine i was like "No way! Aliens vs. Superman, sounds awesome" as if it did worked for Batman vs. Predator then maybe it would work for Supes kicking Xenomorph ass. I read them and thought it was fantastic as i even bought the tpb after christmas that year.

I mean it does make a bit of sense for Aliens to battle Supes as much as Predator is to Batman.

#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

I know about Batman vs predator but I don't think I ever heard about that.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jakesully1981: i must get this

#4 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9495 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO it was lame 
But currently, Superman is fighting a very Predator-like villain

#5 Posted by Z3RO180 (6331 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000:What issue is that in??

#6 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9495 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180:  
Superman #11
#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (6331 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: i read on the DC webaite that in this issue something about supes costume is reveled do you know what the thing is also do you have scans of this alien he is fighting.

#8 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9495 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180:  
Hmmm I guess the thing was that it's not as indestructible as we thought lol  
And no, I don't have a scanner
#9 Posted by Z3RO180 (6331 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000:Well thats a shame i already knew that the armor wasent indestructible.

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@buttersdaman000: i read on the DC webaite that in this issue something about supes costume is reveled do you know what the thing is also do you have scans of this alien he is fighting.

Nothing is revealed about the suit. The cover text is a blatant lie. Regardless, the latest issue isn't bad either, it's a little better.

#11 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

But does anyone else thought this was an interesting match for Superman to fight Xenomorphs as much as Batman is to Predator?

#12 Posted by wildvine (8419 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read it. I did read Aliens vs Green Lantern.

#13 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine oh that's a good one, but you should check out this one and Batman vs. Predator.

#14 Posted by btmt (222 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yes!!!!! that was good one.

I have also read:

Batman vs. Predator

Superman and Batman vs. Aliens and Predator.(In which predators thinks Superman as "A sun spirit")

very Nice crossover books.

#15 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@btmt what about Green Lantern vs. Aliens, Batman vs. Aliens and Superman vs. Predator?

#16 Posted by btmt (222 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't say because I haven't read Green Lantern vs. Aliens, Batman vs. Aliens I and Superman vs. Predator..

But last night I just read Batman vs. Alien II (2003) and I liked that too in this book Batman fights with Hybrid Aliens created from the DNA of some big Gotham villains like Joker, Poison Ivy, Killer crok and Harvey dent.

#17 Posted by sabracadabra (525 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the superman versus alien story. It showed Superman's character at his very best.No matter how desperate the situation, no matter how bad the odds, he NEVER gave up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.