Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman Unchained: What would you like to see

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EnigmaLantern

So basically, as the title suggests, what would you comic book fans like to see in the new upcoming Superman series, by Scott Snyder and Jim Lee? How do you think the writer will portray Superman in comparison to the Superman(s) of both Action Comics and Superman (series)?

This is basically a discussion thread of this new upcoming Superman comic book series, so fire away peeps!

Superman Unchained #1
    Superman Unchained #1

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mr_Winchester

I would like to see some really really really really really really really cool fight scenes.

- We have Action comics and Superman to develop his character, so I'd like this to have mad levels of action.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Superman taking the DC universe back to its original continuity.

Django unchained > Superman unchained

Weird

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
    TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

I guess the whole unchained but means he shows a more raw side so that's what I would like to see.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Point taken. I've put it in the Superman forum, thanks.

I would like to see some really really really really really really really cool fight scenes.

- We have Action comics and Superman to develop his character, so I'd like this to have mad levels of action.

Yeah, I agree with you here. First looks seem to give the impression that this series will be very action-packed, I hope it meets that expectation.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Point taken. I've put it in the Superman forum, thanks.

@mr_winchester said:

Yeah, I agree with you here. First looks seem to give the impression that this series will be very action-packed, I hope it meets that expectation.

That is more or less what I was gonna put. I don't wanna see a typical day of Kal-El lifting something off of someone and punching something to save the day, I want him to be portrayed as a formidable fighter not just a flying brick.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eternal19

I want an Epic story on par with What snyder did with batman. Action Comics and Superman have disappointed me so far. Because they have failed to create a story that i Want to read over and over again

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SandMan_

A good story.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good writing and art. Other than that, not much else.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

I still think I'd rather have this creative team on Superman, and have this title not exist.

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I still think I'd rather have this creative team on Superman, and have this title not exist.

well DC wont head our wish....

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget

Couldn't agree more. I think it's pointless to create another on-going when you can simply replace the current, unsuccessful creative team. They've already done so twice in the past, why not again.

Kentabulous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see a story that is several years later (3-5 years) so it wont be so close to the stories in Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not This

No Caption Provided

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the whole unchained but means he shows a more raw side so that's what I would like to see.

Yeah that is something that would be very interesting.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By SOG7dc

@enigmalantern:

I want to see a lot of action. I wanna see superman being extremely powerful. I wanna see Scott Snyder do for supes what he did For batman and give him a new villain as well

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget:

wait a minute I loved lobdell and rocaforts run.....am I the only one?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

I wanna see Scott Snyder do for supes what he did For batman and give him a new villain as well

The last thing Superman needs is more villains.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler:

his rogues gallery isn't the most impressive tho. I heard some one once say. "superman dosent have a villain that you think 'thank God superman was there to beat him/her'. name a superman villain that nobody but superman could defeat" and I agree with that sentiment

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SmashBrawler

@sog7dc: Yes, and that's exactly the reason he shouldn't have even more villains. Writers should try to work with the ones he already has instead of coming up with new villains that no one else will use. I've lost count of how many Bloodsports, Riots, Skyhooks and Anguishes there are out there.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SOG7dc

@smashbrawler: Bottom line for me as far as unchained goes is I wantvto see fights and action and lots and lots of feats. I want this book to be eye candy and as a superman fanboy I want to be drooling while I read this lol

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I can say one thing for Synder is that he is very clever. He does things you're not expecting with pleasant results (Lobdell, although not a bad writer, is pretty run-of-the-mill average writer). I'm hoping for some very clever stories that have some big fights, but also go cerebral. Hope that Snyder also delves into how Superman affects the world itself with his actions and his very existance. And, since Morrison and Lobdell haven't used him very much, Lex Luthor needs to make an impact in the New52.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@sog7dc: Ha, I very much enjoy Rocafort's art and Lobdell's run has been moderately decent thus far but it's a far cry from being anything noteworthy.

Just my opinion though :)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a great story that has great art.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see an epic story that last the ages as "one of the best" I wan't it to equal or even surpass stuff like Long Halloween, Dark Knight Returns, All Star Superman, Red Son, Hush and Kingdom Come.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally can't wait to get this comic and see what Scott Snyder and Jim Lee do with it. I'm hoping of the same thing as other people have stated, more action and demonstration of Kal-El's raw abilities. I really don't want a Superman title with pointless stories like the Orion one we've just had in Superman (series), found no interest or point in that story, but that's just me.

@sog7dc said:

@enigmalantern:

I want to see a lot of action. I wanna see superman being extremely powerful. I wanna see Scott Snyder do for supes what he did For batman and give him a new villain as well

He's got quite a few villains as it is, but if Scott Snyder can create a new, very individual and unique-like villain who challenges in maybe a way that most of his current villains don't, then I'd look very forward to that.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see an epic story that last the ages as "one of the best" I wan't it to equal or even surpass stuff like Long Halloween, Dark Knight Returns, All Star Superman, Red Son, Hush and Kingdom Come.

my thoughts exactly, personally though i would love to see some smallville,we haven't seen much of smallville in the new 52, plus the story shld definitely live upto the title name in terms of the action but i want this story to have heart as well,we've already been teased that theres gonna be a sense of mystery when it comes to the villain and thats fantastic, i love mystery! but i really want heart in this one along with the action.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tikhunt

@jonny_anonymous said:

my thoughts exactly, personally though i would love to see some smallville,we haven't seen much of smallville in the new 52, plus the story shld definitely live upto the title name in terms of the action but i want this story to have heart as well,we've already been teased that theres gonna be a sense of mystery when it comes to the villain and thats fantastic, i love mystery! but i really want heart in this one along with the action.

Yup you definitely have a point with it having heart. I wanna see Kal-El's amazing fighting abilities like I said before but I also want it test him not as a hero but as a person. I wanna see him make at least one decision that is gonna end in him having guilt issues no matter what he chooses. I wanna see him challenged on all fronts, psychological, physical etc. He of course has to come out of it stronger but still have a little bit of doubt that lets him know that despite being an alien with god-like power he still has his human side.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: Glad you agree I actually made myself super exited about this book even more when I wrote that hehe.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am expecting a great story,great feats,great fights and great art.so in the enad i am expecting a great superman comic before a great superman's film.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naked women

ectoborge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ectoborge

@mr_winchester said:

Yeah definitely. I don't want to see a underpowered Superman. I'd like to see a Superman that can cut-loose (Unchained) on his enemies. Then I want to see some new threat that will really challenge the Man of Steel. Basically I want a bad guy who could be Superman's Hush or Court of Owls. Make him suffer. then it will be twice as badass to seem him have to try hard at saving the day.

I'm also a Fan of Shay Veretas

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I'd like to see decent fight scenes and better portrayal of his supporting cast, esp. Lex. So far, it's been the same old story for so long: the whole mad genius bit is getting old. I'd like there to be more development. Writers always throw in the whole "I want to save the world" bit for Lex, but hardly anyone ever does anything about that. It's always "Kill Superman".

I'd like the writers to write Lex similarly to how they wrote Zod in the whole 'World of New Krypton' saga.

ESchrammbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see Clark Kent become a forceful character, no longer staying in the background. With a Kryptonian suit, it HAS to be possible to project a solid looking hologram from it to simulate superman's appendages so it can pretend to be him when Clark and Kal-El have to appear together. Scanning his mind, tells the suit what he wants the hologram to do. He could be a REAL investigative reporter, getting real scoops based on his human skills. You know: real.

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it going to be canon? Personally i'm just so excited for this Superman + Scott Synder and Jim lee = (And I hate to assume) Probably one of the best Superman comics ever (My opinion, of the future I guess). I just want to see him going crazy, lots of action n' stuff. I can't wait, also the title doesn't really bother me, I know lots of people are complaining about it but the title does no determine how good it's going to be.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@cantdance93: Yes it's canon

I would like to see Snyder do with Metropolis what he did for Gotham. I want to see it as much a character in the books as Superman is, when you think of Metropolis you think of the most cutting edge city in the world a literal City of Tomorrow and that should be represented

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

Couldn't agree more. I think it's pointless to create another on-going when you can simply replace the current, unsuccessful creative team. They've already done so twice in the past, why not again.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want a good Superman story. but, its going to be hard since Lobdell pumped him up to idiotic power levels again.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I just want a good Superman story. but, its going to be hard since Lobdell pumped him up to idiotic power levels again.

THANK you. Glad somebody said it.

I'm looking for Snyder to get really psychological with Supes. He's promised to do as much, too :)

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19 said:

THANK you. Glad somebody said it.

I'm looking for Snyder to get really psychological with Supes. He's promised to do as much, too :)

Hopefully that will get debunked later....I like a powerful Superman( mountain lifting, even skyscrapers), but planets? F*ck no!

The crisis happened for a reason!

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
    davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

As Snyder and Lee suggested re Unchained. "It will be unlike anything you've seen before"

All I want is for that statement to be true. Originality rocks. There has been some speculation that Clark and Lois will hook up ... or at least the foundation of their pairing will be set up ... Well, that's not "unlike anything [we've] seen before". As I said, it's just speculation not confirmation ... but it's not original. Just saying.

Deprive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this title part of the Nu 52 continuity?

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully this title will wash out the 2 other fail Supes titles, Action Comics and Superman. I'm going to actually read a Supes title due to Snyder and Lee being on the book.

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

A new villain, obviously, and Snyder should give the middle finger to Superman's sappy boy-scout attitude, which has officially started to get on my nerves.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.