Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman Unchained Necessary?

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By thespideyguy

I'm not saying I don't love the story but it seems like the series was so that Jim Lee and Snyder could only tell their story. When they leave the book will be meaningless. Why not just give them an arc in Superman?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

They should have just put them on Superman, but I think Scott Lobdell has incriminating photographs of DC editorial or something. They also felt like they had to do something comic book related for Supes' 75th. So...no, it's not necessary. I'm dropping Superman until Lobdell leaves anyway, so no skin off my back.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm not saying I don't love the story but it seems like the series was so that Jim Lee and Snyder could only tell their story. When they leave the book will be meaningless. Why not just give them an arc in Superman?

...well this isn't true. There are a lot of people out there who can probably take this title and give us a story that may be just as good and (why not?) even better. Lets try to be optimist, then, i really like the idea of an extra Superman's title. More titles doesn't exactly mean a low quality.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

art and story wise im liking unchained over the other superman titles . it should have been agreed all around to do a young inexperienced superman-to-be and then break in the superman we all know , rather than the back in forth in titles without any real warning. example: action comics will have a pre-jl supes fighting a enemy , superman: will have him in the present going against a different enemy to be concluded in action comics . huh? what? i rather stick with unchained .

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

It is necessary because Superman is allowed to have a book that isn't adjectiveless or Action Comics. Superman Unchained falls in the same category as his former books - Adventures of Superman, Superman: The Man of Steel, and Superman: The Man of Tomorrow. It's another book to tell additional stories for Superman --- much like The Dark Knight, & Robin, and Eternal for Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.