Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman Unchained already translated to other languages.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon

I went to my local newsstand today and I saw this:

No Caption Provided

It seems Superman Unchained has been translated and published by a greek publishing company. From my previous experience with this company I know they publish only the stories they think will sell the most and those are usually already finished. To take such a leap of faith for SU even before it is collected means a lot considering they haven't published a Batman ongoing since 2011. The only current ongoings of this company is Thor: God of Thunder and Superman Unchained.
    Do you think the series will be over before the greek edition catches up to it :-P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Do you think the series will be over before the greek edition catches up to it :-P

That's honestly looking debatable right now :P And wow I didn't know Unchained was translated into Greek. I guess DC think it's going to do well enough to merit translating into another language based on how well the first 6 issues have sold. Still translating Superman Unchained of all series is a peculiar choice suffice to say.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The next issue us due in July and DC doesn't even have a solicit or date up for the last issue. I don't know if this will be finished before winter comes. I do like to story though but the delays are ridiculous. Its not just a few weeks, its literally months at a time that it gets delayed.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

That's honestly looking debatable right now :P And wow I didn't know Unchained was translated into Greek. I guess DC think it's going to do well enough to merit translating into another language based on how well the first 6 issues have sold. Still translating Superman Unchained of all series is a peculiar choice suffice to say.

• First issue just came out.
    • I don't know if DC has anything to do with it, I don't know how translation goes but this issue is published by a greek company, so I don't think DC would say no to it, since they will only profit from selling the rights.
    • To say the least. Every other New 52 title that has been translated (JL vol1, Action Comics vol1, Batman vol1)has been published in tpbs. Of course that isn't an option with Unchained but I found it weird they published it before it was even finished and in an ongoing.
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: So other TPBs have been published in Greece? Anything from Marvel that's been translated into Greek?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: So other TPBs have been published in Greece? Anything from Marvel that's been translated into Greek?

Many tpbs. Here is the company that currently publish American Comics: http://www.anubis.gr/default.asp?CID=3.
    Here is the list of the super-hero ones: http://www.anubis.gr/default.asp?CID=3&SCID=16 These are only the tpbs they don't list their ongoings for some reason.
    You can move to the next page by going at the bottom next to where it says "Σελίδες"

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Many tpbs. Here is the company that currently publish American Comics: http://www.anubis.gr/default.asp?CID=3.

Here is the list of the super-hero ones: http://www.anubis.gr/default.asp?CID=3&SCID=16 These are only the tpbs they don't list their ongoings for some reason.

You can move to the next page by going at the bottom next to where it says "Σελίδες"

Well at least that's some Greek I've learnt today :P Thanks for the link mate! :)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: No problem :-), I thought it would be faster than listing them one by one :-P

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Poor Greeks :(

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Well Greeks must have a good taste. Those two series are Amazing.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Well Greeks must have a good taste. Those two series are Amazing.

I am definetely going to pick up GoT. I have heard only praise for it.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
    MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Argentina all volumes 1, 2 and 3 in TBP of the New 52 are translated to Spanish already by ECC Imprints in March of this year they realesed Forever Evil 1-3 collected along with JL 23-24 and JLA 12-13.

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So now people across the world can start to hate jim lee, because im sure it will get delayed over there too. Unless they release each issue 3 months apart they will no doubt run into the delays

And pushed back to july now??!! So much rage! What is that, four months now? I was and always will be a jim lee fan but this is ridiculous.

The combined wait of forever evil and unchained drove me nuts.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SanoHibiki

Even if this Greek company publishes one issue per month, I’m actually afraid that they might run out of issues faster than Lee draws them.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I think Titan are printing Unchained in the Batman/Superman comic we have in the U.K. Their Batman comic is usually only about three months behind, so that doesn't leave a lot of time for error in the case of Unchained if they're doing it the same way. I'll have to check what issue they're up to next time I'm in a shop.

But yeah, it seems a little odd to start printing it when there's reason to believe that issues could be delayed.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Release no.7 already GODDAMMIT!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.