Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman titles in order of quality

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Put superman titles in what order you think they should go.

Now of course I have not read them all, I am not even reading Action Comics at the moment ( if only superman unchained would end sooner...or just not end at all :/ ), but from what I read, seen or heard, this is how I would put them:

Action Comics ( Great Morrison was amazing, and well Pak is now on it, and with all the great stuff I heard & the zero year issue I read, this seems like it is still amazing )

Superman Unchained ( Great, but slow title )

Superman Wonder Woman ( You might hate the team, but if you actually read this without being biased it's amazing )

Supergirl ( Great title that constantly got it's great quality interrupted 2 times by H'el and his crossover stories... )

Batman Superman ( First arc is great, but second is terrible and third is going to be a crossover with worlds finest, and for that I switched it with supergirl on my pull list )

Superman ( Where do I start? 2 things this title did right tho were introducing Shay Veritas & H'el? )

Superboy ( R.I.P. once a great character, now my nightmare )

SPOILER: Btw for the people that read superboy: is he dead or what I mean I'm getting confused, just check this link and tell me if that is Kon El or superman's son from the future http://www.dccomics.com/comics/superboy-2011/superboy-29

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

1. Action Comics (Morrison's run produced the best(until now) story of New 52 Superman )
    2. Superman Unchained ( It's a great story but I hope it doesn't crumble in it's own weight like most Snyder stories tend to do at the end)
    3. Superman/Wonder Woman (Couldn't resist I picked up some issues and I really liked it)
    4. Batman/Superman (Inconsistent title the first arc was fantastic the second was really meh...)
    5. Supergirl (I haven't read it but I know it was inconsistent but it picked up the pace after the new writer took over)
    6. Superman (..hmph..)
    7. Superboy (*sigh*)
    Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I literally agreed with everything you said

*Sigh*

RIP Superboy, freakin Scott Lobdell and Marv Wolfman, smh

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I still can't believe Superboy is scarred beyond relief. Maybe in the next reboot he will be a lot cooler.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Superman Unchained

Superman/Wonder Woman

Action Comics

Batman/Superman

Every book that Superman has made a cameo in.

Superman

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SanoHibiki

1. Action Comics. Morrison in his run created my favorite ever mainstream Superman and Pak seems so far following his example. Nuff said.

2. Superman/Wonder Woman. I gladly jumped on this title because I’m “SM/any woman except Lois Lane” shipper, but Soule work… He really makes me care and like exactly Clark/Diana couple, his portrayal and take on relationships are surprisingly deep for comics; Tony Daniel’s artwork doesn’t hurt ether.

3. Batman/Superman. Well, that other Supes-related title, written by Pak. See point 1. And for me second arc was incredibly amusing, I will describe it as “fun action”.

4. Superman UC. Must say I’m a disappointed in this title, which even I myself find strange. All separate elements here – art, story, characterization, inner thoughts, but all of those don’t combine in a single awesome comics title for me. Some elements of storyline are overused, long-a… story development, language feels a little dry. Well, that’s just my opinion, UC still a decent title in my book.

5. Superman. At very least Lobdell gave us a lot of good feats, created Doctor Veritas, H’El wasn’t half-bad IMO, Lara became Kryptonian warrior-woman and his plotlines are interesting and have potential for further development – nothing of that can be said about previous authors on Superman title. Honestly, I forgot everything they wrote already (except Hellspont's cameo); what does that says about their work?

I tried but wasn’t able to get in Supergirl and Superboy’s titles, so I can’t judge are they good or bad. But must say that Jon Lane Kent’s storyline (which already looks like Marvel-ripoff) and following Connor’s replacement with him is abomination for me.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By 2cool4fun

@sanohibiki: I like supergirl, but the H'el crossovers did a big damage on her, every time we got progress lobdel and his crossover would push us back. But right now, this new writer, red lanterns ( and JL United ) it seems like it's going in a great direction.

Superboy on the other hand, well he was one of my favorite characters for a couple of years, and now...

No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

1. Superman/Batman (first arc, not that crappy sideways layout second arc)

2. Superman/Wonder Woman

3. Smallville

4. Supergirl

5. Action Comics

6. Superman Unchained

7. Superman

8. Superboy

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Deranged Midget
    • Action Comics
    • Superman/Wonder Woman
    • Injustice: Year One and Two
    • Smallville Season 11 (If that counts)
    • Batman/Superman
    • Superman Unchained
    • Superman

I'd toss in Adventures somewhere in there but I haven't read more than a few issues.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kidchipotle
    1. Action Comics
    2. Superman/Wonder Woman
    3. Injustice
    4. Smallville
    5. Superman Unchained
    6. Supergirl
    7. Batman/Superman (2nd arc was just terrible)
    8. crap
    9. Superboy/Superman
    SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun:

I like supergirl, right now, this new writer, red lanterns ( and JL United ) it seems like it's going in a great direction.

In the beginning I read 5 or 6 Supergirl issues before dropping this title for a time. Recently I decided to try again with recent issue + there was added bonus of Doctor Veritas in it. Sadly, once again it didn’t grab me. I think I going to try JL United. Hmm, I wonder in what timeline all that happens (Kara in JL United and as Red Lantern).

Superboy on the other hand, well he was one of my favorite characters for a couple of years, and now...

I assume you were talking about Pre-52 Connor. Admit that I always was mostly indifferent about him; I found his origin a bit of self-contradiction, but usually I respected his personality and choices when he made appearances in Super’s titles.

But what happened to him in New-52, that’s just crime IMO. I not going to buy Superboy very own title with JLK as a main character, that’s just final insult.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Action Comics. Morrison in his run created my favorite ever mainstream Superman and Pak seems so far following his example. Nuff said.

2. Superman/Wonder Woman. I gladly jumped on this title because I’m “SM/any woman except Lois Lane” shipper, but Soule work… He really makes me care and like exactly Clark/Diana couple, his portrayal and take on relationships are surprisingly deep for comics; Tony Daniel’s artwork doesn’t hurt ether.

3. Batman/Superman. Well, that other Supes-related title, written by Pak. See point 1. And for me second arc was incredibly amusing, I will describe it as “fun action”.

4. Superman UC. Must say I’m a disappointed in this title, which even I myself find strange. All separate elements here – art, story, characterization, inner thoughts, but all of those don’t combine in a single awesome comics title for me. Some elements of storyline are overused, long-a… story development, language feels a little dry. Well, that’s just my opinion, UC still a decent title in my book.

5. Superman. At very least Lobdell gave us a lot of good feats, created Doctor Veritas, H’El wasn’t half-bad IMO, Lara became Kryptonian warrior-woman and his plotlines are interesting and have potential for further development – nothing of that can be said about previous authors on Superman title. Honestly, I forgot everything they wrote already (except Hellspont's cameo); what does that says about their work?

I tried but wasn’t able to get in Supergirl and Superboy’s titles, so I can’t judge are they good or bad. But must say that Jon Lane Kent’s storyline (which already looks like Marvel-ripoff) and following Connor’s replacement with him is abomination for me.

Pretty much everything you said,with some little excpetion for me: for example i think that Pak is doing a far better job than Morrison did...but maybe i am saying this just because i couldn't stand to the Rag Morales's art i suppose,still,with just few issues Pak could bring to us a really relatable and fresh Superman with a "Smalville" vibe that is always present.

Regarding to SU i think we have yet to wait until the next issue (if it will ever hit the shelves) 'cause the story hasn't yet had the chance to explode, imo.

Then, even i don't think Lobdell is soo damn bad for the Superman title. I mean as you said he is giving this title a nice dynamism, his plots (unlike the ones before him) ARE interesting but they are often damaged by a bad use or an over use of dialogues and on the top of that his Superman is as strong as he should be and as i've always wanted him to be for a long time.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SanoHibiki

@toptom:

Pretty much everything you said

Thanks a lot, mate.

maybe i am saying this just because i couldn't stand to the Rag Morales's art

That’s just depends on which artist’s work we like better. For example, I think that Morales’ art better than Kuder’s, but either of them will be preferable to me over Romita Jr.

i think that Pak is doing a far better job than Morrison did

How I look on Morrison’s and Pak’s take on Superman – through different in some elements of style, they make good use of New-52 Superman concept as younger, brasher, somewhat inexperienced, but inherently good-natured person. Pak’s run only started but, from what I seen so far, his storytelling more harmonic, I would say lighter and more clear in comparison with Morrison, which near the end if his made a bit of mess in his plots. That was alright by me, I will say that this mess even gave some flavor, feel of unknown to his story, after all, life rarely could be simple and clear, especially if that’s Superman’s life. I only wish now that Pak would use social crusader story element; I swear, since Morrison left AC, outside of couple references in Superman title, no author used it again.

Regarding to SU i think we have yet to wait until the next issue (if it will ever hit the shelves) 'cause the story hasn't yet had the chance to explode, imo.

I probably nit-peaking on this title… But still, I feel underwhelmed. There were so many promises, so much hype, that UC simply crumbled under its own weight for me. Still, I’ll say again – that’s a good series, and perhaps when it would be complete, I would be able to enjoy it in fullest.

And I agree with you about Lobdell.

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Action Comics

-Superman Unchained

- S/WW ex aequo with Batman/Superman

-Superman (it isn't nearly as bad as people say)

-Supergirl

-Superboy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.