Superman sucks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nerd217 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is too powerful for his own good. What I love about characters such as Batman is you are never really sure whether they'll win. You know good always trashes evil but even so, he's just a man. But with someone like Supes who can fly so fast he reverses time and is invulnerable to nearly everything, how can you have a truly nail biting story that doesn't involve Kryptonite? That's another thing- he's so powerful they had to invent a whole new thing just to give the rest of the world a chance.

#2 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4691 posts) - - Show Bio

Tell us how you really feel.

#3 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems to be at the animated series/Justice League level of power and durability in the new 52 version which is a good thing I think.

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

...Sure.

#5 Posted by The_Tree (7209 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman only sucks when he's being mishandled by idiotic writers. Have you even read a Superman comic? Because it sounds like you're basing your entire argument off of the Christopher Reeve movies.

#6 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerd217 said:

What I love about characters such as Batman is you are never really sure whether they'll win.

You're obviously new to the site, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Batman will always win a second encounter, so really, there is no such thing as uncertainty with characters as such as he.

#7 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Going on a characters forum just to bad mouth them is rude. If you don't like him fine, but he has fans and is a symbol of the DC universe as well as the starting point of the superhero genre. Be respectful.

#8 Posted by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of Superman's rouges are more then a match for him.

#9 Posted by MuyJingo (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman as portrayed on BTAS/STAS/JLA was damn near perfect in my book. The uncompromising boyscout that people look up to, immensely powerful but still vulnerable....

I mainly enjoy Superman comics in one shots like all star because it allows for interesting takes on the chaarcter. I don't think the character sucks but he is not as interesting to me as most other DC characters.

#10 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

when written well, superman is equal to batman. he's just not written well as often.

i didn't used to like him, but over the last month i've read a lot more of his stories and now... he's one of my fave DC characters.

#11 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio
I sense that u mad, bro
#12 Posted by The Stegman (23038 posts) - - Show Bio
....sigh
#13 Posted by Dernman (14726 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
....sigh
#14 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
Uh Superman cannot reverse time. Flash can. Booster might. But Superman cant. Lame.
#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

....sigh

This type of user again, they never give up...

#16 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm... Ugh. I'm not going to bother.

Go away. Then, read Birthright, All-Star, Red Son and Kingdom Come. When you've wised up, come back and we'll have a serious discussion.

#17 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman fan boys..... I hate Batman fanboys.

#18 Posted by Ms. Omega (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

I sense that u mad, bro

LOL Priceless

#19 Posted by sinestro_GL (3050 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerd217: BOOOOOOOOO...

You're never sure if Batman will win? WTH? Batman always wins...do you know what a comic is? Because clearly your lack of knowledge disturbs me...

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24601 posts) - - Show Bio

Another hipster ragging on Superman to make himself look cool.

#21 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5151 posts) - - Show Bio
@MuyJingo

Superman as portrayed on BTAS/STAS/JLA was damn near perfect in my book. The uncompromising boyscout that people look up to, immensely powerful but still vulnerable....

I mainly enjoy Superman comics in one shots like all star because it allows for interesting takes on the chaarcter. I don't think the character sucks but he is not as interesting to me as most other DC characters.

This. The New52 version pulled me in though, I'm more interested in him than I've been in a long time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.