superman sucks

#151 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

after all superman has done for the evolution of comics, cinema and mankind, this is how you show him love?! dam you teenagers and your rap music! akon isn't faster than a speeding bullet, t-puc just gets in the way of em, and fitty cent.... well fitty is pretty mad actually :)

#152 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

lol what the hell is you talking about? what rap misic have to do me hateing superman? are you high??

#153 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

THen you must hate the hulk too, and the sentry, and the pheonix, and silver surfer.

#154 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

cpt_linger says:

"after all superman has done for the evolution of comics, cinema and mankind, this is how you show him love?! dam you teenagers and your rap music! akon isn't faster than a speeding bullet, t-puc just gets in the way of em, and fitty cent.... well fitty is pretty mad actually :)"

XDDDDD LMFAO!!! that was an epic post!!!!! ohhh god i lmao'd!!

#155 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has done more good for comics in his first 5 years than most characters ever will in thier whole career.

Stop hatin on the guy with the S on his cheSt.

#156 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Superman has done more good for comics in his first 5 years than most characters ever will in thier whole career.Stop hatin on the guy with the S on his cheSt."

exactly.

#157 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Andferne says:
"Superman has done more good for comics in his first 5 years than most characters ever will in thier whole career. Stop hatin on the guy with the S on his cheSt."
exactly. "

yeah... you guys leave sentry alone

#158 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"lol what the hell is you talking about? what rap misic have to do me hateing superman? are you high??"

Are you Jewsih? IF you are, that would explain everything.

#159 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"yeah... you guys leave sentry alone"

why what has he done for comics?

#160 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"Gambler says:
"Andferne says:
"Superman has done more good for comics in his first 5 years than most characters ever will in thier whole career. Stop hatin on the guy with the S on his cheSt."
exactly. "

yeah... you guys leave sentry alone"

I have no problem with the Sentry. I personally dont care much for the character, but I sure as hell wouldn't make a hate thread for him.

Theres a difference between not liking a character (and actually having some valid points as to that characters flaws) and just hating a character you actually don't know. 90% of this thread is just people crying about a character they think they know, and actually have no clue about.

#161 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"Gambler says:
"Andferne says:
exactly. "

lol

#162 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Rotten gun says:
"Gambler says:
"Andferne says:
exactly. "
I have no problem with the Sentry. I personally dont care much for the character, but I sure as hell wouldn't make a hate thread for him. Theres a difference between not liking a character (and actually having some valid points as to that characters flaws) and just hating a character you actually don't know. 90% of this thread is just people crying about a character they think they know, and actually have no clue about. "

lol... yeah i know... i was just being silly

#163 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

What does QFT mean? Quit #@!$ing Talking?
Post Edited:2007-12-21 16:28:33

#164 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Theres a difference between not liking a character (and actually having some valid points as to that characters flaws) and just hating a character you actually don't know. 90% of this thread is just people crying about a character they think they know, and actually have no clue about. "

QFT

#165 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Rotten gun says:
"Gambler says:
"Andferne says:
exactly. "
I have no problem with the Sentry. I personally dont care much for the character, but I sure as hell wouldn't make a hate thread for him. Theres a difference between not liking a character (and actually having some valid points as to that characters flaws) and just hating a character you actually don't know. 90% of this thread is just people crying about a character they think they know, and actually have no clue about. "

I'll admit that I just plain old didn't like him when I first join the vine. But appy convince me to give him a chance and thats what I'm going to do later.

#166 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this thread still alive? WHY?!?!? It served it's purpose, it should be dead by now. Now who revived this?

#167 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#168 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"What does QFT mean? Quit #@!$ing Talking?
Post Edited:2007-12-21 16:28:33"

From Wikipedia: (QFT - Quoted For Truth)

"It is also used to express agreement with a previous poster's statement and validate its veracity. Other variations include "quoted for truthiness," "quoted for truthery," and "quite fucking true"."
#169 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Why is this thread still alive? WHY?!?!? It served it's purpose, it should be dead by now. Now who revived this? "

You have Superman issues. What's the basis?

#170 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Why do some people flip out when thread comes back? If you have a problem with them just ignore it."

Not really "flip out" but some people do get annoyed when old threads come back because they go to the back of the forum for a reason: because the thread's been done good. Bringing them back just wastes space and rarely do people have anything new to say.

#171 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do some people flip out when thread comes back? If you have a problem with them just ignore it.

#172 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Why is this thread still alive? WHY?!?!? It served it's purpose, it should be dead by now. Now who revived this? "

You have Superman issues. What's the basis? "

I really don't like seeing my friend's getting bashed after they have left the vine a long time ago. I have to stick up for them. Plus I inherited all their stuff by default. That includes Scotty/Octogon Engima's stuff. So I have to guard it. And when this thread is revived I have to work double time to protect Morpher/Elastic boy and Rockfall/Green Gambit's Image. I would feel guilty If I let it be tarnished.

#173 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"Copy says:
"Why do some people flip out when thread comes back? If you have a problem with them just ignore it."
Not really "flip out" but some people do get annoyed when old threads come back because they go to the back of the forum for a reason: because the thread's been done good. Bringing them back just wastes space and rarely do people have anything new to say."

i think it sometimes is valid to revive a thread if there is enough new people (to have their point of veiw) or infomation (to add vaildation either way)

#174 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"Ms. Invisible says:
"Copy says:
Not really "flip out" but some people do get annoyed when old threads come back because they go to the back of the forum for a reason: because the thread's been done good. Bringing them back just wastes space and rarely do people have anything new to say."

i think it sometimes is valid to revive a thread if there is enough new people (to have their point of veiw) or infomation (to add vaildation either way)"

Not when I have to constantly scrub my Friend's image so when they come back they will still be loved and respected! It's aggravating because I have to police this thread or any thread they make to make sure their good name stays clean. It's the least I can do for them as a friend! Gosh You people can be so insensitive sometimes. Not you ms.invisible your good

#175 Posted by Vorpal (51 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF are you doing making a club about hating Superman!?

#176 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Not when I have to constantly scrub my Friend's image so when they come back they will still be loved and respected! It's aggravating because I have to police this thread or any thread they make to make sure their good name stays clean. It's the least I can do for them as a friend! Gosh You people can be so insensitive sometimes. *Not you ms.invisible your good* "

Let their opinions stand for themselves. If they were well thought out, then there should be no need for you to defend them.

#177 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

M

#178 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p171/methosivanhoe/mod/OCRGUG_Eki_Braveheart.jpgM"

LMAO

#179 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

I see many people claim here that DC treats Superman as their Big Blue Boy Scout character and will never let him lose.

Superman's Portrayal in today's comics is an oafish meatshield getting his butt kicked to push B and C characters up the charts.

If you guys even read his comics and you will see that Superman is very weak compared to other overpowered heores.

He is beaten by Livewire in the recent Flash Issue,whereas Flash knock her out easily.

Martian Manhunter make him(The Silver Age!!!)bleed by just one punch,

Karate Kid kick his ass(Silver Age,again)

He got his ass handed to Venom (Eddie Brock)

More powerful than who?

Funny,you guys claimed that Superman is overpowered and trying to keep the rest of the DCU characters from reaching their potential,while in reality,DC uses the character as a FLOOR to keep HIM from reaching even 10% of his potential,so that every random hero can claim to be better than Superman in one way or another, ranging from people who are powerful, but supposed to be nowhere as powerful as Superman,to utter weaklings.

I wouldn't call him Superman these days,I would call him a "Super-loser",base on how the way the treat Superman these days.

Post Edited:2008-03-01 05:15:27

#180 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

aggh

my eyes

#181 Posted by Bookman (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Bookman says:

"Superman is the worst super person ever.He has way too much superpowers,plus they're cheesy. I mean Ice breath? X-ray vision? He hardly has any depth to him.His only weakness is krypinite,so they use it evrey issue. In fact, Doomsday is one of my favorite super villains just because he killed Superman. As you can see,Superman sucks."

Wow. Was I really so annoying back then?

#182 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Bookman says:

"Wow. Was I really so annoying back then?"

Apparently.

#183 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Bookman says:

"Bookman says:
"Superman is the worst super person ever.He has way too much superpowers,plus they're cheesy. I mean Ice breath? X-ray vision? He hardly has any depth to him.His only weakness is krypinite,so they use it evrey issue. In fact, Doomsday is one of my favorite super villains just because he killed Superman. As you can see,Superman sucks."
Wow. Was I really so annoying back then? "

no, you're still annoying now :D

#184 Posted by Bookman (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Bookman says:
"Bookman says:
Wow. Was I really so annoying back then? "
no, you're still annoying now :D"

Was that a joke? I think I'm pretty reasonable now.

#185 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it was a joke :P

anyway, I don't even know you lol

wait a second, why am I even posting i a forum about Superman sucking? he doesn't , he just needs a good writer :d

Now all you haters should just get over it

#186 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman does suck quite hard,but he is the superhero.Without him you wouldn't have alot of characters we have today.I repect Superman but alot of things about his origin and some of his storylines just piss me the f#ck off. Granted, he is a comic book hero..i'm not expecting things he does to be totally realistic,but I am expecting some sort of realism so that I can get into the stories.With Supes it's just one bullsh!t feat after another.

#187 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Superman does suck quite hard,but he is **the** superhero.Without him you wouldn't have alot of characters we have today.I repect Superman but alot of things about his origin and some of his storylines just piss me the f#ck off. Granted, he is a comic book hero..i'm not expecting things he does to be totally realistic,but I am expecting some sort of realism so that I can get into the stories.With Supes it's just one bullsh!t feat after another."

They piss you off? Wow, you must get pissed off quite easily if you get pissed off by a comicbook storyline.

You don't have to get into the stories or have to read them, you can just stop and read something else you know.

#188 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Yes it was a joke :Panyway, I don't even know you lolwait a second, why am I even posting i a forum about Superman sucking? he doesn't , he just needs a good writer :dNow all you haters should just get over it"

I agree about the writer part.

#189 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just saying something lol I don't give a #@$% one way or the other

I pretty much stopped reading anuything w/ Supes after Kingdom Come

#190 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

MotorSteel says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Superman does suck quite hard,but he is **the** superhero.Without him you wouldn't have alot of characters we have today.I repect Superman but alot of things about his origin and some of his storylines just piss me the f#ck off. Granted, he is a comic book hero..i'm not expecting things he does to be totally realistic,but I am expecting some sort of realism so that I can get into the stories.With Supes it's just one bullsh!t feat after another."

They piss you off? Wow, you must get pissed off quite easily if you get pissed off by a comicbook storyline.

You don't have to get into the stories or have to read them, you can just stop and read something else you know."

Maybe you don't understand my definition of pissed off.As far as buyin comics,I don't even look at Superman comics I refuse to acknowledge there existence. The only way I will read Superman is if I download the comics. For instance I downloaded the first 50 issues of Action Comics.I want to catch up and find out more about Superman before I can truly say he sucks ass and I don't give a sh!t about him and I'm not going to read anything from him.However alot of his story arcs suck and the thing that pissed me off was actually spending money on that bullsh!t.Superman does alot of stupid sh!t in his comics..I'm sure even his readers are aware of that.The other thing that pisses me off is that people are loyal to his comics so it's like DC keeps makin sh!tty stories because the readers obviously don't give a f#ck.So as far as you saying I don't have to read them,I can read something else..well I have been because the stories f#ckin suck...but in order to pass a real judgement I would like to read a little bit more,so people can't say I just hate him for no reason.

#191 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"MotorSteel says:
"Vance Astro says:

You don't have to get into the stories or have to read them, you can just stop and read something else you know."

Maybe you don't understand my definition of pissed off.As far as buyin comics,I don't even look at Superman comics I refuse to acknowledge there existence. The only way I will read Superman is if I download the comics. For instance I downloaded the first 50 issues of Action Comics.I want to catch up and find out more about Superman before I can truly say he sucks ass and I don't give a sh!t about him and I'm not going to read anything from him.However alot of his story arcs suck and the thing that pissed me off was actually spending money on that bullsh!t.Superman does alot of stupid sh!t in his comics..I'm sure even his readers are aware of that.The other thing that pisses me off is that people are loyal to his comics so it's like DC keeps makin sh!tty stories because the readers obviously don't give a f#ck.So as far as you saying I don't have to read them,I can read something else..well I have been because the stories f#ckin suck...but in order to pass a real judgement I would like to read a little bit more,so people can't say I just hate him for no reason."

Then go ahead and do what you want

I'm just trying to say if you think its gonna suck don't buy it, boviously, but just get others opinions on it before you buy it..

#192 Posted by Chaos boy (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you!!! Superman sucks sooo hard!! He lacks the warrior spirit, with his abilities there should be no one that could stand up to him. But no he is a little girl.

#193 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

Chaos boy says:

"Thank you!!! Superman sucks sooo hard!! He lacks the warrior spirit, with his abilities there should be no one that could stand up to him. But no he is a little girl."

hmm...i guess i could agree in some terms

#194 Posted by Ralph (101 posts) - - Show Bio

SUPEY SUCKS! BATSY ROCKS (and Mistah J,too)! :)))))

#195 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has to be the lamest and queer character around.He just plan sucks mothballs.

#196 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is the godfather of all super-heroes, you bettah #RecognizE!#

#197 Posted by Brainiac1.0 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

he is just to over powered he can fly into the sun not damaged who else in the dc universe can do that not many

#198 Posted by Brainiac1.0 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

has villians that can match him doomsday,darkseid with physical strengh. HE SURVIVES OMEGA BEAMS

#199 Posted by ironboy (113 posts) - - Show Bio

super-man sucks becausewonder-woman could beat him and one crumb of cripto knight bam

#200 Posted by Brainiac1.0 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

SUPERMAN IS THE MAN.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.