superman sucks

#51 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

In reality, I've only covered about 7 issues so far, and I think there's 11 in print total. I've got some work to do.

#52 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the two of you are both really detailed in your write ups. I like to poke the fun. I imagine if either of you tackled Superman you'd end up needing your own site.

#53 Posted by snbatman (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Rockfall says:

"Hi Mr. Elastic I also think superman sucks(he is just to pawerfull)"

He has too many paws?

#54 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

snbatman says:

"Rockfall says:
"Hi Mr. Elastic I also think superman sucks(he is just to pawerfull)"

He has too many paws?"

Yeah, I have four paws, so I must be really pawerful. I'll form a "Pawer Pack" :)

#55 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

Last Arrow says:

"O SNAP, I think P-Man just handed you, your ass"

lol

as for me i like superman hes cool

#56 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.....I don't like Superman. He has equals, but for some reason DC treats him like he's better. Darkseid should hand Supes his @$$ on a platter everytime they meet, but since he's a villain........Martian Manhunter is just as good as Supes, but does he get the same amount of respect in a comic? No, not even close. Same with Wonder Woman. DC has better characters than Supes, and they should use them more, but they don't. That';s why I don't like Supes.

#57 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. i like Superman... i prefer Supergirl, but Superman's one of my favorites

2. i hate, absolutely loathe and despise Superman fanboy's.

Superman can be beaten, he has been several times in the past by exploiting his weaknesses and humanity.

the simple fact is... if you don't like Superman... don't read it... don't come on here bashing the character or people will start with characters they don't like, and that might be you're favorite character.

typically, just treat all characters and their fan's with respect and we will do the same for you.

M

#58 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"1. i like Superman... i prefer Supergirl, but Superman's one of my favorites 2. i hate, absolutely loathe and despise Superman fanboy's. Superman can be beaten, he has been several times in the past by exploiting his weaknesses and humanity. the simple fact is... if you don't like Superman... don't read it... don't come on here bashing the character or people will start with characters they don't like, and that might be you're favorite character. typically, just treat all characters and their fan's with respect and we will do the same for you. M"

Is that directed at me?

#59 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

nope, thats directed at pretty much everyone lol

M

#60 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah ok. Cause I just said I didn't like him.....the only time it's appropriate to say a character sucks is if it's some DBZ fanboy who goes around saying everybody sucks, a la Broly. At least IMO.

#61 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, it was to everyone...

just respect other peoples opinions of characters and we will do the same :D

M

#62 Posted by Savage Dragon (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Ah ok. Cause I just said I didn't like him.....the *only* time it's appropriate to say a character sucks is if it's some DBZ fanboy who goes around saying everybody sucks, a la Broly. At least IMO."

Wait a minute. Broly started this topic?

#63 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like Superman's old stories more than some of his new ones. Like, the old ones. I got that 30's Superman book, where he solves mysteries and fights giant robots. That was pretty cool, I kinda liked that stuff, lol.

#64 Posted by Savage Dragon (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate him, its just that he becomes less interesting when they start juicing him up like Dragon Ball did with theyre characters. He can now read minds?

#65 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage Dragon says:

"I don't hate him, its just that he becomes less interesting when they start juicing him up like Dragon Ball did with theyre characters. He can now read minds?"

not that i'm aware of...

M

#66 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Savage Dragon says:
"I don't hate him, its just that he becomes less interesting when they start juicing him up like Dragon Ball did with theyre characters. He can now read minds?"

not that i'm aware of...

M"

I think he's talking about the T-VO thing kryptonain warriors can do.

#67 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

superman is overrated

#68 Posted by Savage Dragon (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Well some sad that he could. I just don't like it when companies make their characters stronger without really any logical reasons. I'll say it for marvel too!

#69 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Gambler says:
"Methos says:
"Savage Dragon says:

not that i'm aware of...

M"

I think he's talking about the T-VO thing kryptonain warriors can do."

ahh... superman can't do that now can he?

M"

Hell if I know lmao I know he used it once to beat Domminous but that was in the 90's.
Post Edited:2007-08-20 17:19:50

#70 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Methos says:
"Savage Dragon says:

not that i'm aware of...

M"

ahh... superman can't do that now can he?

M

#71 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

bloody hope not lol

might have to actually pick up some of Superman's new stuff... check this out

M

#72 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

The one character to hate is Spawn! This guy is pretty much unbeatable!

#73 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

meh i have a completely unreasoning hatrid for Hulk...

the one character i absolutely love is Fanboy lol

ya gotta love him :D

M

#74 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"meh i have a completely unreasoning hatrid for Hulk... the one character i absolutely love is Fanboy lol ya gotta love him :D M"

I love Hulk......lol. I've always liked Hulk, he's my fave Marvel character. Planet Hulk and WWH are the bomb!

#75 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Methos says:
"Gambler says:
"Methos says:
"Savage Dragon says:
not that i'm aware of... M"
ahh... superman can't do that now can he? M"
Hell if I know lmao I know he used it once to beat Domminous but that was in the 90's.
Post Edited:2007-08-20 17:19:50"

Last time I saw him use it was to fight the Eradicator and that was ages ago. I don't think he can use it to read minds, just to fight on that level. I'm not sure though, I wasn't reading much Superman in the late 90s/early 00s.

#76 Posted by The Major (1 posts) - - Show Bio

So... you do like him a little?

#77 Posted by Case Closed (184 posts) - - Show Bio

I am in the middle of the road for superman. But superman 666 looks like it will be really awesome.

#78 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's got an unfair advantage only having one weakness and that that one weakness is something hard to find unless you have connections and money.

It's just a little unrealistic and doesn't exactly give him a lot of variety as a character.

#79 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah except the whole magic thing?????????

people always seem to over look that.

#80 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Also mind contorl, he doent have a hope against it, if he cant figure it out that is

#81 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't get how he's built like he is. I mean, him being so strong and so invulnerable, wouldn't he look smaller and more unimpressive compared to guys like Batman or Wildcat, or even Green Arrow? Seriously, I can understand him running and keeping in shape so that he's toned, but him looking like he spends time at the gym is strange...am I alone in this?

#82 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"I just don't get how he's built like he is. I mean, him being so strong and so invulnerable, wouldn't he look smaller and more unimpressive compared to guys like Batman or Wildcat, or even Green Arrow? Seriously, I can understand him running and keeping in shape so that he's toned, but him looking like he spends time at the gym is strange...am I alone in this?"

this was addressed when Superman lost his powers and became the Electric version

M

#83 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I already have my reasons for disliking him.....my blog explains it.

#84 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

must we read your blog now?

#85 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"must we read your blog now?"

Yes.

#86 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

Moderator Online
#87 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigal Son says:

"zero edge says:
"How come you never worked on the Superman page P-man?"

It just seems too large for someone who writes like I do to tackle. I would never feel like I had done him justice (no pun intended) unless I could write up his ENTIRE history. I just don't have that kind of time."

That's why I don't write that many (well none) character bios of any length. It would be this multi page detailed thingie that would take hours. At least there's lots of issues to do.

How long have you been back? If I had only known it would take a noob statement to bring you back, I would have made some a while ago...

#88 Posted by Doomhunter (289 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so outta topic....

#89 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the way people say he is too powerful!!!!

He is blatently not, he's been Killed before, he has a weakness hes not exactly Phoenix, now that is way overpowered, why not make a Forum about her?

#90 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Flash says:

"I hate the way people say he is too powerful!!!! He is blatently not, he's been Killed before, he has a weakness hes not exactly Phoenix, now that is way overpowered, why not make a Forum about her?"

Because Phoenix doesn't have a monthly title and isn't in nearly as many comics....

#91 Posted by Doomhunter (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"superman is overrated"

Yup..

#92 Posted by Rock lee (59 posts) - - Show Bio

super man's a @%$#* sucking poser

#93 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Flash says:

"I hate the way people say he is too powerful!!!! He is blatently not, he's been Killed before, he has a weakness hes not exactly Phoenix, now that is way overpowered, why not make a Forum about her?"

no but the thing is, unlike batman, spiderman etc.) wen average joes see superman they dont even try to shoot. Most villains that are made up to fght superman have either no chance or are galactic villains. Then it doesnt make sense for superman to stay on this planet if his powers are being so severly underused and one could argue that he is causing prbblms (ppl making huge monsters with the sole purpose of taking down superman and end up causing large amounts of distruction.) Yet for some reason he feels liek he has to stay and never loses touch with his humanity (wtf) he's like a god, yet he has all these human weaknesses and emotions, which he shouldnt. All that makes Superman a douche.

#94 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#95 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

crazy spidey says:

"Barry Flash says:

no but the thing is, unlike batman, spiderman etc.) wen average joes see superman they dont even try to shoot. Most villains that are made up to fght superman have either no chance or are galactic villains. Then it doesnt make sense for superman to stay on this planet if his powers are being so severly underused and one could argue that he is causing prbblms (ppl making huge monsters with the sole purpose of taking down superman and end up causing large amounts of distruction.) Yet for some reason he feels liek he has to stay and never loses touch with his humanity (wtf) he's like a god, yet he has all these human weaknesses and emotions, which he shouldnt. All that makes Superman a douche. "

why the fuck shouldn't have all the emotions, he was raised on Earth. thats why he has them. I really don't care about what anyone says about Superman on this, because about 90 odd % hate him. And let there feelings known about it. I don't say all the characters i hate. post threads about it. because some one likes that character and its not my places to say that character sucks because some one put hard work into making it.

(to sprada) but Silver Surfer has one, and i think hes to over powered. so why not hate him or Wonder Women. There over powered as well.

the site says Superman will lose if he fight Sufer, well then sufers obviously not overpowered then.

#96 Posted by Terminal Velocity (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Shazam says:

"crazy spidey says:
"Barry Flash says:

no but the thing is, unlike batman, spiderman etc.) wen average joes see superman they dont even try to shoot. Most villains that are made up to fght superman have either no chance or are galactic villains. Then it doesnt make sense for superman to stay on this planet if his powers are being so severly underused and one could argue that he is causing prbblms (ppl making huge monsters with the sole purpose of taking down superman and end up causing large amounts of distruction.) Yet for some reason he feels liek he has to stay and never loses touch with his humanity (wtf) he's like a god, yet he has all these human weaknesses and emotions, which he shouldnt. All that makes Superman a douche. "

why the fuck shouldn't have all the emotions, he was raised on Earth. thats why he has them. I really don't care about what anyone says about Superman on this, because about 90 odd % hate him. And let there feelings known about it. I don't say all the characters i hate. post threads about it. because some one likes that character and its not my places to say that character sucks because some one put hard work into making it.

(to sprada) but Silver Surfer has one, and i think hes to over powered. so why not hate him or Wonder Women. There over powered as well.

the site says Superman will lose if he fight Sufer, well then sufers obviously not overpowered then."

Truer words have never been said.

#97 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

crazy spidey says:

"Barry Flash says:

Like Lord Shazam said he has been raised on Earth, he's obviously gonna have the Emotions of a Human isnt he.

#98 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Shazam says:

"crazy spidey says:
"Barry Flash says:
why the fuck shouldn't have all the emotions, he was raised on Earth. thats why he has them. I really don't care about what anyone says about Superman on this, because about 90 odd % hate him. And let there feelings known about it. I don't say all the characters i hate. post threads about it. because some one likes that character and its not my places to say that character sucks because some one put hard work into making it. (to sprada) but Silver Surfer has one, and i think hes to over powered. so why not hate him or Wonder Women. There over powered as well. the site says Superman will lose if he fight Sufer, well then sufers obviously not overpowered then."

I would like to use, that guy from watchmen as an example. He was raised on earth in a very real way. He had no differences until later on. Slowly over the period of several years he lost touch with his humanity and became more of a god. Now wat do u think will happen wen everyone ages except superman, u think he will stick around and start a whole new life, non way. Most likely he would leave. So i am stating wat (in one possible way) seems inevitable however it hasnt happneded yet due too the comic time span which is cmopletely eradic

#99 Posted by MrsJ (305 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Shazam says:

"crazy spidey says:
"Barry Flash says:
why the fuck shouldn't have all the emotions, he was raised on Earth. thats why he has them. I really don't care about what anyone says about Superman on this, because about 90 odd % hate him. And let there feelings known about it. I don't say all the characters i hate. post threads about it. because some one likes that character and its not my places to say that character sucks because some one put hard work into making it. (to sprada) but Silver Surfer has one, and i think hes to over powered. so why not hate him or Wonder Women. There over powered as well. the site says Superman will lose if he fight Sufer, well then sufers obviously not overpowered then."

I agree. Why should people complaine about heroes or villains they don't like? (If I were to do that, a bunch of Spidy fans would kill me. :D Sorry, had to do it.) There are obviously a lot of people who like Superman because whenever you think of a Super Hero you always think of him, eventhough you may like another one more. He was the first, now give him a break.

#100 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

crazy spidey says:

"Lord Shazam says:
"crazy spidey says:
"Barry Flash says:

I would like to use, that guy from watchmen as an example. He was raised on earth in a very real way. He had no differences until later on. Slowly over the period of several years he lost touch with his humanity and became more of a god. Now wat do u think will happen wen everyone ages except superman, u think he will stick around and start a whole new life, non way. Most likely he would leave. So i am stating wat (in one possible way) seems inevitable however it hasnt happneded yet due too the comic time span which is cmopletely eradic"

People will be there to be saved. and hes been raised well enough not to go power mad. he has Jor-El there, Wonder Women doesn't age neither Martian Manhunter. and am sure more people will have children for him to guide on there journeys. And why would he lose touch with humanity if hes always surronded by them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.