superman sucks

#1 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Who ever thinks superman suckes post here. (and if you post here it meens you dont like superman)

#2 Posted by Rockfall (699 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi Mr. Elastic I also think superman sucks(he is just to pawerfull)

#3 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

what does Catherine Tate have to do whith hating superman.

#4 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't hate superman but why do you ?

#5 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

the Dark Ranger says:

"i don't hate superman but why do you ?"

he`s to powerful.

although I like the tv show lois and clark.

#6 Posted by Nameless one (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Gambit says:

"Hi Mr. Elastic I also think superman sucks(he is just to pawerfull)"

u know u spelled powerful wrong right?

eh I will let it go

and agree with u

#7 Posted by fesak (7034 posts) - - Show Bio

u is not even a word.

#8 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"u is not even a word."

hwo cares its not like this is a spelling test.

#9 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Elastic says:

"fesak says:
"u is not even a word."

hwo cares its not like this is a spelling test."

yes it is and you have failed F

#10 Posted by Rockfall (699 posts) - - Show Bio

Nameless one says:

"Green Gambit says:
"Hi Mr. Elastic I also think superman sucks(he is just to pawerfull)"
u know u spelled powerful wrong right? eh I will let it go and agree with u "

Ya I now ime a terebel speler.

#11 Posted by Rockfall (699 posts) - - Show Bio

the Dark Ranger says:

"Mr. Elastic says:
"fesak says:
"u is not even a word."
hwo cares its not like this is a spelling test."
yes it is and you have failed F "

O-man my parets are going to kill me if thay fined out. so dont tell them ok

#12 Posted by Nameless one (516 posts) - - Show Bio

the point is u (which can also be worded as you if one is not using computer chat language)

try and therefore you may have a dollar

hands you a dollar

Merry Christmas!

#13 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Chaos says:

"yeah, mr.elastic cant even spell who (he wrote hwo) but like, am i bovvered

hey that was a typo.

#14 Posted by Rockfall (699 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Elastic says:

"Ultimate Chaos says:
hey that was a typo."

ya rite!

#15 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Gambit says:

"Mr. Elastic says:
"Ultimate Chaos says:
hey that was a typo."
ya rite!"

I`m not kidding.

#16 Posted by Nameless one (516 posts) - - Show Bio

u know you did get rite spelled correctly if u were talking about a soda made in the early 90's

called Diet Rite so here have a salmon

hands you a salmon

Happy Easter!

#17 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

supes sucks, leave it st that.

#19 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Boken says:

"supes sucks, leave it st that."

I have yet to see conclusive proof of that. P-Man on the other hand has hard data to backup his claims.

#20 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Rockfall (699 posts) - - Show Bio

Nameless one says:

"u know you did get rite spelled correctly if u were talking about a soda made in the early 90's called Diet Rite so here have a salmon *hands you a salmon* Happy Easter! "

Im a tereble speller:)

#22 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

gasp i never knew that.

note sarcasm doesn't translate well on computors<br>Post Edited:2007-06-21 10:16:34
#23 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Darth Boken says:
I have yet to see conclusive proof of that. P-Man on the other hand has hard data to backup his claims."

Totally agree with Buckshot and P-Man.

#24 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

you don't like superman, don't read superman...

simple as that

#25 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree Mr. Fantastic is gay.

#26 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I have lost count of all the "Superman sucks!" threads.

#27 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Buckshot says:
"Darth Boken says:
I have yet to see conclusive proof of that. P-Man on the other hand has hard data to backup his claims."
Totally agree with Buckshot and P-Man."

and i say to you C.S the same thing

#28 Posted by MR.kill (54 posts) - - Show Bio

superman does suck he is the best in every superhero subject thats wrong

#29 Posted by venomjr (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is one of the blandest characters period. Just not interesting.

#30 Posted by Bookman (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is the worst super person ever.He has way too much superpowers,plus they're cheesy. I mean Ice breath? X-ray vision? He hardly has any depth to him.His only weakness is krypinite,so they use it evrey issue. In fact, Doomsday is one of my favorite super villains just because he killed Superman. As you can see,Superman sucks.

#31 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Bookman says:

"Superman is the worst super person ever.He has way too much superpowers,plus they're cheesy. I mean Ice breath? X-ray vision? He hardly has any depth to him.His only weakness is krypinite,so they use it evrey issue. In fact, Doomsday is one of my favorite super villains just because he killed Superman. As you can see,Superman sucks."

Clearly haven't read any Superman lately have you.

#32 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so tired of the straw man argument of "Kryptonite is his only weakness." (Notice I even spelled it correctly, thus giving my argument added weight and character.)

So, if Kryptonite is his "only" weakness, let us look at the following (and these are just off the top of my head).

1. Doomsday, who has already so brilliantly been brought up, was able to "kill" Superman through simple bare-knuckled fighting. Doesn't seem to be and Kryptonite (hereafter K) involved there.

2. Mr. Mxyzptlk seems to be able to do whatever the hell he wants to Superman. In recent years, it has become obvious that Myx really adores Superman, and just wants to "play" with him and thus hone Superman's abilities and mental acuity. It has also become obvious that Myx has really just been letting Superman "trick" him into saying his name backwards all these years.

3. Imperiex, though eventually defeated by a plan in which Superman was the lynch-pin, could have easily destroyed Superman. At one point he should have been, but it was shown that he had actually been spared and teleported to safety via Darkseid. It took the planning and execution of some of the most brilliant minds in the universe in conjunction with the aid of the heroes of multiple worlds to pull off Imperiex's defeat. Supes didn't do it alone.

4. Superboy Prime was handing Supeman his ass on a repeated basis. Again, if not for the combined mental and physical efforts of a huge number of heroes, Superman would have been defeated by this chump upstart.

5. Red sun rays are used against Superman on a semi-regular basis. Though they will not kill him as K will eventually do, they do strip him of his powers temporarily, rendering him just Man and not Superman.

6. Parasites (choose your flavor of Parasite) have been able to really give Superman a run for his money. In fact, there was one issue where Superman was completely drained dry of everything, but Mr. Mxyzptlk had pity on him and reversed the process. Recently, Superman was shown a possible future by Arion where the Parasite had apparently drained Superman and therefore killed him. He even had Clark's memories and some of his emotions and personality.

7. Magic has been noted on several occasions to be a weakness of Superman's. Again, in recent issue, Arion has shown fairly effectively that he can go toe-to-toe with Superman. We will see in upcoming issues how that all plays out, but you know that Superman will win. It is his title after all, and name a long-running title where the main character doesn't triumph 98%+ of the time. A few years ago, Captain Marvel was able to one-punch Superman by using his magic lightning in addition to his physical strength. I believe this could not be repeated, but it did prove the efficacy of magic against him nonetheless.

8. Nanotechnology, though out of the regular canon, has been shown in the past year to be effective against Superman. In the Justice mini-series, Brainiac and Luthor develop a nanotech "worm" that successfully takes over most of the heroes and villains on Earth. Now, while Supes is shown to have a greater resistance to the worms, this is a logical plot device when taking his yellow-sun absorbing Kryptonian physiology into account. However, he was concerned that he too was quickly loosing control, and therefore had Captain Marvel throw him into the sun so that he could burn the little robo-critters out.

I could go on and on, but I think I've more than proven my point.

If you don't like Superman, that's fine. If you think he's over-rated, that's fine. If you think he's boring, that's fine. If you think he's overpowered, that's fine.

Just stop making STUPID illogical statements like "Kryptonite's his only weakness." You're just showing your ignorance to the entire world.

Come back with either real, logical arguments as to why he's over-powered, or clearly state your distaste for him from purely emotional/aesthetic reasoning. I can't stand Cyclops, but you know what, I respect him and his power level and what he's done over the last 40+ years. I make fun of him, but I don't say illogical things about him.

I'll reiterate one main point. Superman always wins in his titles because he's the main character. Just like Batman always wins, Wolverine always wins, etc. etc. blah, blah, blah.

Edited for grammar.

Post Edited:2007-06-27 11:46:40
Post Edited:2007-06-27 11:53:33

#33 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

P-Man wins.

#34 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

Some needs to brush up on their Superman history.

#35 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

O SNAP, I think P-Man just handed you, your ass

#36 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just a product of people who've only read a select few comics, watched the latest sucky Superman movie, then form their illogical notions using only those meager sources.

Pick up a frickin' title and actually read it for a while before you go all nuts on a character and his/her deficiencies. I can honestly say I've been reading X-Men for over 30 years, and own nearly every X-related issue ever printed (after inheriting from my grandfather). I think I'm in a position to say that "Cyclops sucks" based on that and the fact that I just don't like his character. I still won't revert to illogic to try and prove my non-point.

#37 Posted by Bookman (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Very impressive P-Man.But you only proved me wrong on one account.My other points still stand.

#38 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

I think his point was to point out that Kryptonite isn't Superman's only weakness.

#39 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Bookman says:

"Superman is the worst super person ever.He has way too much superpowers,plus they're cheesy. I mean Ice breath? X-ray vision? He hardly has any depth to him.His only weakness is krypinite,so they use it evrey issue. In fact, Doomsday is one of my favorite super villains just because he killed Superman. As you can see,Superman sucks."

Let's see about this:

"Superman is the worst super person ever."

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm sure that sales figures in the millions and a longevity of well over half a century proves that this opinion is not held by the majority of comic book readers.

"He has way too much superpowers,plus they're cheesy."

Ignoring the grammatical and punctuation errors rife in this sentence, define "too many" and "cheesy." I said it before, if you don't like him or his powers, that's fine, but give some concrete reasons for your distaste, or just emphatically state that your are working on purely and emotional level in your distaste. What about Mr. Majestic? He has more power at higher levels than Superman, but I rarely (if ever) hear the same complaints about him. In fact, some people illogically use his added powers/levels of power to say it is what makes him more interesting. How does that work exactly? (I'm NOT saying you said this, so don't accuse me of putting words in your mouth.)

"I mean Ice breath? X-ray vision?"

What's wrong with ice breath? It is a completely logical outcome from his physiology. In fact, many other characters with super-strength should be able to accomplish the same type of thing, though to a lesser degree. Do this, hold your palm up to your face, blow the smallest stream of air as fast as you can against your palm. Feel how cool that is? Now imagine having Superman's physiology and doing the same. It's not too big of a stretch compare to a shooting beams from your eyes. As far as x-ray vision goes, why is that "cheesy." It's a power shared by some others as well. Again, if you pay real attention to the Superman mythos, you learn that Superman really just sees more broadly across the light spectrum than a normal human. If you had the correct physiology, you too could see x-ray, gamma, infrared, ultraviolet, radio frequency waves, microwaves, etc.

"He hardly has any depth to him."

Compared to who? Let's face it, people who say this type of thing are just cynical pessimists who can't believe that someone can live (or want to live) a perfectly normal life without huge amounts of tragedy. What more do you want? Was loosing his entire planet as a baby not enough for you. Having a happy marriage not good enough for you since over 50% of marriages end in divorce? Enjoying his life and job not realistic? I submit to you that Superman has the kind of depth that most people would run out to the nearest store and buy if such a thing were possible.

"His only weakness is krypinite,so they use it evrey issue."

Already spanked you hard on this one. I'll refrain from doing it again. Other than asking you if you've actually checked to see if it really is used in every issue. I'll assume you're using hyperbole here and give you a pass.

"In fact, Doomsday is one of my favorite super villains just because he killed Superman."

This is irony in action, because you failed to realize in the first place how illogical you were when you said that K is his only weakness.

"As you can see,Superman sucks."

No, all I see is that you need to pay more attention in class and learn more about logic and rhetoric.

Now it's your turn. Logically state what is wrong with Superman as a character, and cite evidence to back your claims. Otherwise, you're arguing from a purely emotional/aesthetic standpoint and thus need to give up and walk away.

Thanks for playing, it's been fun.

#40 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

How come you never worked on the Superman page P-man?

#41 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"How come you never worked on the Superman page P-man?"

It just seems too large for someone who writes like I do to tackle. I would never feel like I had done him justice (no pun intended) unless I could write up his ENTIRE history. I just don't have that kind of time.

#42 Posted by Bookman (618 posts) - - Show Bio

I know when I'm beat.Good job P-Man you sure laid the smackdown on me.I still hate Superman,but now I seen how illogical I've been,next time I'll bring in a better argument.I also never heard of Mr.Majestic.
Post Edited:2007-06-27 12:50:55

#43 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

Check out the good sportsmanship haha.

#44 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Bookman says:

"I know when I'm beat.Good job P-Man you sure laid the smackdown on me.I still hate Superman,but now I seen how illogical I've been,next time I'll bring in a better argument.I also never heard of Mr.Majestic.
Post Edited:2007-06-27 12:50:55"

Thanks. That's the attitude to have. I certainly wish more newcomers (and sometimes not-so-newcomers) to the site could see things in this light.

It's perfectly fine and wonderful that you don't like Superman. Like I said before, I really have a severe distaste for Cyclops, and though I have some logical reasons for doing so, I'm a big enough man to see that most of my dislike is from an illogical emotional/aesthetic response to his character.

As for Mr. Majestic, go look at the page that Buckshot's created about him. You won't find a better resource on the internet in my opinion. http://www.comicvine.com/mr-majestic/21972/

Welcome to the Vine.

#45 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Bookman says:

"I know when I'm beat.Good job P-Man you sure laid the smackdown on me.I still hate Superman,but now I seen how illogical I've been,next time I'll bring in a better argument.I also never heard of Mr.Majestic.
Post Edited:2007-06-27 12:50:55"

Majestic is a Wildstorm character so he's not as well known. He's one of my favorites, more for his unforgiving and harsh personality and genius than for his powers, but I won't deny I like those too.

#46 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

MR.kill says:

"superman does suck he is the best in every superhero subject thats wrong"

So he sucks because he's the best? I have to remember that. Try to underachieve and more people will like you.

#47 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"zero edge says:
It just seems too large for someone who writes like I do to tackle. I would never feel like I had done him justice (no pun intended) unless I could write up his ENTIRE history. I just don't have that kind of time."

It's only 69 years. Three paragraphs and 158 embedded images will cover it. (I kid, I already said before that I liked what you did to Mary Marvel's page).

#48 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Prodigious Man says:
"zero edge says:
It just seems too large for someone who writes like I do to tackle. I would never feel like I had done him justice (no pun intended) unless I could write up his ENTIRE history. I just don't have that kind of time."

It's only 69 years. Three paragraphs and 158 embedded images will cover it. (I kid, I already said before that I liked what you did to Mary Marvel's page)."

I'll have you know I used AT LEAST four paragraphs and only 157 images thank you very much.

#49 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Look what he did with Drizzt. Nearly 10,000 points worth of text(and images) for only 10 issues. Superman has 2004 issues (that's not even all of them, just what's on the site), we'd have to get the page limit increased again if he were to tackle Supes. The detail and work that would go into it would be amazing if he did it, but that's an incredible amount of history to cover.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.