Superman story arcs as animated movies

#1 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

With the upcoming superman unbound coming soon I was thinking what else could they do as animated superman movies and came up with a few. -Superman: last son -Superman and the legion of superheroes -Superman: for all seasons -Superman: secret identity -Superman: red son - Superman: sacrifice( so that we could get another Wonder Woman film) And many more. What arcs or stories would you like to see animated?

#2 Posted by Mileylovestina (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Something really old school so we can see him tow the earth and sneeze away solar systems

#3 Posted by TheCannon (19230 posts) - - Show Bio

The only logical thing to do is to turn the ONLY good Superman stories (The New 52) into animated movies. So, I want to see Superman and the Men of Steel.

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

Last Son, Legion of Super Heroes and Escape from Bizarro World as a two-part animated short would have been great, but it's not doable anymore since they went with Brainiac right away. Red Son would be the sh!t, though.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Birthright, Red Son, Last Son, and Kingdom Come.

#6 Posted by ComicStooge (13790 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Birthright, Red Son, Last Son, and Kingdom Come.

Red Son is already a badass motion comic.

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

^I know, but its just not the same. The motion comic is pretty damn cool, though

#8 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: But I thought Geoff Johns was one of your favorite writers?

#9 Posted by TheCannon (19230 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom: He is. But I hate Superman Pre-Flashpoint, I don't care who the writer is.

#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCannon said:

The only logical thing to do is to turn the ONLY good Superman stories (The New 52) into animated movies. So, I want to see Superman and the Men of Steel.

This is so wrong it causes me physical pain. 
#11 Posted by ShowboatingPenguin (149 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCannon: Is it the red underwear?
#12 Posted by NewKid (367 posts) - - Show Bio

if done right - Red Son would be amazing...

it's not my absolute fave superman story, but a properly done animated version of it could be awesome...

#13 Posted by Pokeysteve (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

BIRTHRIGHT!!!

#14 Posted by TheCannon (19230 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShowboatingPenguin said:

@TheCannon: Is it the red underwear?

One small part of it.

#15 Posted by Squalleon (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow! Seriously it would be a badass movie if handled correctly....they can base the movie on it.

@Pokeysteve said:

BIRTHRIGHT!!!

@Gambit1024 said:

Birthright,

It would be great to have birthright as a movie! The comic didn't work great with me because the art was horrible(ok average).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.