Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman Solicits for November 2013

SHTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

ACTION COMICS #25

Written by GREG PAK

Art and cover by AARON KUDER

1:25 B&W Variant cover by AARON KUDER

On sale NOVEMBER 6 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

This BATMAN: ZERO YEAR tie-in features the reintroduction of a major character! A cocky young Superman battles the forces of nature to save Gotham City, while a woman from his past tries to do the same thing on a smaller scale. But both are headed for a collision course...

No Caption Provided

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #5

Written by GREG PAK

Art and cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND

1:25 Variant cover by JON BOGDANOVE

1:100 B&W Variant cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND

On sale NOVEMBER 6 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for more information.

When the new Toymaster uses a secret, potentially deadly element in his new video game, the characters created by players manifest in real life! The ultimate fighting game results—and a world-wide network of players must team up to create the most powerful, skilled Super Heroes imaginable with one goal: To kill Batman. Can Superman come to the rescue before the game claims its victim? Find out in this amazing issue that’s printed in a special horizontal storytelling format.

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #2

Written by CHARLES SOULE

Art and cover by TONY S. DANIEL and BATT

1:25 Variant cover by SHANE DAVIS

1:100 B&W Variant cover by TONY S. DANIEL and BATT

On sale NOVEMBER 13 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for more information.

Whom the gods destroy, first they piss off! Seeking help against Doomsday, Diana turns to her brother Hephaestus for weapons—but a more immediate threat is Apollo and the other gods. They do not approve of Superman as a consort to Diana, and he will have to prove himself in combat!

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

No Caption Provided

SUPERBOY #25

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL and JUSTIN JORDAN

Art by ROBSON ROCHA

Cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT

On sale NOVEMBER 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

“KRYPTON RETURNS,” and our heroes have been sent on missions through Krypton’s history to stop H’El from dooming the universe! Superboy’s mission? Stop H’El from tampering with the history of Krypton days before its explosion. But he must also see to it that Kara Zor-El is kept safe and that the forces of the Eradicator don’t get him first.

No Caption Provided

SUPERGIRL #25

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL and MICHAEL ALAN NELSON

Art by PAULO SIQUERIA

Cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT

On sale NOVEMBER 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

“KRYPTON RETURNS” continues as Supergirl faces the clone wars of Krypton. Just as she was starting to accept Superboy’s clone origins, she faces the horrible past of her home planet. And she must once again face H’El.

No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN #25

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL

Art and cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT

1:25 B&W Variant cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT

On sale NOVEMBER 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

“KRYPTON RETURNS” concludes! Months before its explosion, Superman finds himself locked in combat against H’El! Can he find a way to save the planet? A most unexpected foe stands in his path: Jor-El! A hero will fall during this epic adventure!

No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #5

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Art and cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS

Backup story art by DUSTIN NGUYEN

1:300 B&W Variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS

On sale NOVEMBER 20 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with eleven covers. Please see the order form for more information.

Superman and Wraith form an alliance to rescue a hostage and strike at the heart of Ascension, but the mission goes awry when it becomes clear the Man of Tomorrow and the soldier from beyond the stars have very different methodologies—and objectives! Plus, secrets are revealed about Wraith’s people!

Thoughts?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Jim Lee is starting to remember how to draw Superman! Supes looks so much better in SU 5 than previous new 52 Jim Lee works.

SHTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jim Lee is starting to remember how to draw Superman! Supes looks so much better in SU 5 than previous new 52 Jim Lee works.

I agree, I don't quite know what it is but I really like this particular cover as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: @shtr:

He just needed practice, that and time away from counting the cash in his money bin!

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By the_tree

I look forward to Superman Unchained and Action Comics. I would've been excited for Batman/Superman had Booth not drawn it.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By batmannflash

Haven't come across a great Superman story since the New 52 started, but hopefully Superman Unchained and Batman/Superman's first arcs turn out to be great!! Action Comics hasn't been good since "Men of Steel" but with Greg Pak taking over, things are looking up! I really like the WW series, so I hope that WW/Superman ends up being good

CaseyJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Jim Lee's hatching and cross-hatching. It's so noticeable it's distracting. Too wide, looks rushed.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

I look forward to Superman Unchained and Action Comics. I would've been excited for Batman/Superman had Booth not drawn it.

Yup. Not a fan of that gimmicky "special horizontal storytelling format" either.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even like SM/WW but I want to see if Apollo can kick Clark's ass. Maybe he can turn himself into a Red Sun since he's the god of the Sun. Why are they even interested in whom Diana dates? ("Consort"?! eyerollplz) They hate each other! Is it some dysfunctional sense of filial loyalty or what?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Ugh, another Supes family crossover.....

No Caption Provided

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

@the_tree said:

Yup. Not a fan of that gimmicky "special horizontal storytelling format" either.

I don't get it. Does that mean it's supposed to be like a fighting game?

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Stormbox

I wish scott lobdell would just stop writing superman

I mean at first he was only this really mediocre writer but he's been plaguing the superman books with more and more crossovers

If the books really arent selling that well (and i dont think theyre doing that badly) then maybe you should try i dont know write actually good stories? Im pretty sure thatd attract some readers

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good. Looking forward Superman vs Apollo.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Overall, the Superman Family is looking much better now. Unchained is an extremely awesome read, Action Comics will be brilliant once again with Pak on the title, Batman/Superman seems to be entertaining and loath as I am to admit it, Superman/Wonder Woman looks interesting. But NOT because of the romance. Soule and Daniels are a good creative team. If only it weren't for Lobdell's stupid crossover, things would be majorly positive for the Superman Family in the New 52.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IM EXITED FOR THE REST OF THE SUPERMAN FAMILY....wait....Krypton Returns is a crossover ? NOOOOOOOO. My wallet has just recovered form H'El on Earth :(

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman/Wonder Woman looks good,which to be fair was to be expected despite what the haters of this ship believe.It has a solid creative team steering it.

Unchained also looks good,Batman/Superman should be good,Action is hopefully good. Superman,Superboy and Supergirl UGH f*cking H'el.He's become to Superman what pre-52 Jason Todd was to Batman,an annoying,trite waste of space and unlike a lot of people here I actually LIKE Lobedell's Superman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Are you actually praising Snyder? WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL ENTROPY :P

Seriously, it's strange to see you actually say that Unchained looks good. But Fade has said Unchained looks alright too.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

November's looking good....looking forward to seeing superman kick some greek god butt if it comes to that, the premise of the story in batman/superman seems really interesting. I'm really curious about Action,wanna see how that turns out....Unchained looks promising,really like that cover. As for Krypton Returns,i'm not dissing it right away,i have my fingers crossed,i enjoyed the zero issues so hopefully this tops that.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let’s see...

Action Comics

Superman

Superman Unchained

Batman/Superman

Superman/Wonder Woman

Adventures of Superman

Injustice

Smallville 10 Season

Add to that Supergirl and Superboy, plus MoS somewhere in that time on Blu-Ray.

Rao, should start saving money immediately!

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wait... so it's confirmed, that superman unchained IS an ongoing? Someone reply with a confirmation!!! getting anxiety attacks lololol

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baberaham_lincoln:

Well, I read somewhere that first arc of the story will be told in 12 issues. Snyder told that Unchained for Superman essentially the same as Court of Owls for Batman. So, take your guess.

Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: My guess is that it's an ongoing? i don't know... what's your guess? your reply really doesn't help at all lol.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baberaham_lincoln:

I mean it’s bigger than miniseries, there no doubt about that. But when Snyder would finish telling us his Superman’s story, he (I pretty sure) would go on some other project. I would guess we can expect 12 -20 good issues of his Unchained story. What later – ether DC would cancel this series or more probably would cash on it for some time (with other author and artist). Let’s hope for the best.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@baberaham_lincoln: They said they are not sure yet if it's a Mini Series/Maxi Series or an Ongoing.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even like SM/WW but I want to see if Apollo can kick Clark's ass. Maybe he can turn himself into a Red Sun since he's the god of the Sun. Why are they even interested in whom Diana dates? ("Consort"?! eyerollplz) They hate each other! Is it some dysfunctional sense of filial loyalty or what?

I had to laugh here -- that is kind of funny. Seeing some of Azzarello's characters is interesting, Soule must have had to run a few things with Wonder Woman's writer.

I didn't like how things were left with Hephaestus and having him presented as her brother (really half-brother) kind of grates because he pretty much controls her other "brothers" whom the Amazons throw away.

-_-

Clark has to "prove" himself?

-_-

I can't wait for Wonder Woman to prove herself to some random, irrelevant and hating Kryptonian relative. That's only fair. Right?

Anyhoo -- DC noob that I am, I am still going to check this out.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

Superman Unchained

Superman/Wonder Woman

Action, and Batman Superman are a maybe.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis: Are you actually praising Snyder? WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL ENTROPY :P

Seriously, it's strange to see you actually say that Unchained looks good. But Fade has said Unchained looks alright too.

LOL,the first 2 issues were really good,I honestly think he wrote Bruce better in that one issue of Unchained than he has in the 18 issues of his run that I've read.He gets Clark,Lois and Lex to the core,the story itself is serviceable,though I do hate that Wraith guy,he looks terrible.

Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: @theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I'd assume (only an assumption and opinion) that they'd be sure by now, since for two consecutive months, Superman Unchained has been number one on the sales chart on comichron (even outselling Batman!). DC will surely capitalize on this (and the movie announcements) and keep Scott Snyder on the book for the ongoing parts (probably announce after this long arc finishes?)

Other than that, Scott isn't on many books right? i mean he's writing Batman, American Vampire, The Wake (mini/maxi series only) and Unchained... i'm sure he can fit one more book to his not as busy schedule when compared to someone like Geoff Johns.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another important thing is psychology,reviewers for the most part seem to spot on when it comes to the strengths and weaknesses of Unchained,the same ones who go deaf,dumb and blind when they review his Batman.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another important thing is psychology,reviewers for the most part seem to spot on when it comes to the strengths and weaknesses of Unchained,the same ones who go deaf,dumb and blind when they review his Batman.

Finally someone who agrees with me.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lvenger

Too true. I'm willing to defend some of Snyder's Batman run but Death of The Family deserved much more critical inspection from reviewers as does Zero Year (cough IGN cough)

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Not a Lobdell fan. Pass.

I'll read Unchained - looks good.

Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Lol, i hated how they said Death of the Family was on the same Caliber as the killing joke... that got me to rethink my fanwankery over Snyder and made me realize how little criticism he actually cops.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lvenger

@baberaham_lincoln: He is quite the popular rising star in the comic book industry. Over 40,000 followers on Twitter, has two top selling books and is DC's golden boy next to Johns. Though Snyder is far more talented than Johns now.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@entropy_aegis said:

Yes...This! damn, i mean if it was that good it would've won something by now.

@lvenger: Can't really blame johns though...he is the CCO of DC,its quite incredible he's even writing the amount of books he is.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SanoHibiki

See “Lobdell Bad”-trend continues there. I admit he not the best writer, but at least he tries. His run I can read what can’t be said about Dan Jurgens or Perez when they were on Superman title.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Rocafort is back!

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: Me too my friend.... if that's the case someday, oh lawwdd jesus! what a momentous occasion that will be!!! It'll be THE superman book i'll most definitely follow on a monthly basis!!! =D

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: I'm with you completely. As much as I hate it and the idea of it so much.... I'll probably check this out too. I mean, who can resist a super powered meet the parents?! (though to be honest, Orion has an edge over Clark in this as Diana's met Highfather and he's already pretty buddy, buddy with Ares and Lennox; rest his soul etc, etc. He even knows her step-mom for crying out loud). Oh my God, I'm so lonely.... I'M SUCH A NOOB!

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im excited to see what store for Action Comics, Superman Unchained, and Batman/Superman

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Superman Unchained looks great and so does Action Comics.But the others just seem really,really,really bad.Lobdell of course.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SandMan_

Superman/Wonder Woman looks good,which to be fair was to be expected despite what the haters of this ship believe.It has a solid creative team steering it.

Unchained also looks good,Batman/Superman should be good,Action is hopefully good. Superman,Superboy and Supergirl UGH f*cking H'el.He's become to Superman what pre-52 Jason Todd was to Batman,an annoying,trite waste of space and unlike a lot of people here I actually LIKE Lobedell's Superman.

...I'm scared...

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SmashBrawler

@the_tree said:

@smashbrawler said:
    @the_tree said:

I don't get it. Does that mean it's supposed to be like a fighting game?

That seems to be the case. Wait, did Greg Pak just make Injustice canon?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lykopis

@akindoodle:

It's okay! We can be n00bs together and just stumble all over the boards and have people get all annoyed with us, lol.

:P

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I like Lobdell's Superman but I really want him to stop making crossovers, it's pretty annoying and money-consuming not to mention incredibly pointless.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Akindoodle
    Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hanson724

Looks like I can finally return Action to my pull list! Seems like forever.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By Deranged Midget

Man oh man, give me those Greg Pak titles!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.