Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman should kill Batman in Injustice: Gods Among Us.

• 65 results
    Kellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you've been reading the comic's, Batman's just too stubborn and too cocky,always feels he can win somehow.I think that needs to be stopped with this comic. He made a team to try to stop Superman from getting ultimate peace because he doesn't believe in the killing(Example: Kalibak,and his army). Plus it will end all of the stupid Superman vs Batman debates forever.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no it wouldn't end it because it's an elseworld so if superman beats him he didn't be "THE ONE TRUE BATMAN" just like "THE ONE TRUE SUPERMAN" would never go bad like this one.

Kellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Still worth a scan to show or a video like what happened to Captain Marvel.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol.. Achieve Ultimate Peace by creating authoritarian rule with an super powered police state.. haha.

Kellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bogey: Less death in general. You know your doing something wrong when you have to mourn over Joker's death.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if you ask me, 2 Batmen needed to call in a Superman to take out Superman, so you have your moral victory right there.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssejllenrad

Want a definitive answer to Superman vs Batman? Read Superman/Batman #1... It's canon. It's got no prep involved. And it's pretty much an accurate depiction of what would logically happen between the two of them.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By w0nd
    @kellerman said:

@bogey: Less death in general. You know your doing something wrong when you have to mourn over Joker's death.

Less death but i am sure they have curfews. ideals, broadcasting and such forced upon them. You can't even say anything bad about him or he will hear you and kill you lol. One of his FRIENDS said his idea sounded crazy, and he melted his brain.

I am not justifying Batman's methods though. Him defending the repeated murders in arkham was annoying

Kellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: He brought up Lois saying she wouldn't want him to do this, he got upset because he was doing it FOR Lois. So that same thing would never ever happen again.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By w0nd

@w0nd: He brought up Lois saying she wouldn't want him to do this, he got upset because he was doing it FOR Lois. So that same thing would never ever happen again.

I know why he did it, it doesn't make it any less insane. Especially when he was going to take over another universe entirely. Imagine what he would do when that lois rejects him. He would lose his sh*t

Kellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: He already lost his sh.t when he thought Doomsday was Lois and accidentally took her to space. Btw the reason why the Batman death would be justified is him betraying Superman. He didn't even tell him the President was behind having his mom and dad kidnapped and threatening to kill them. COME ON. -_-

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

In the situation Batman and Superman are in in Injustice Batman is the right one.I stand behind him and I will defend him till the end of the comic.While for all of the Batman vs. Superman debates - the easy answer is Greg Pak's Batman/Superman #1.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: He already lost his sh.t when he thought Doomsday was Lois and accidentally took her to space. Btw the reason why the Batman death would be justified is him betraying Superman. He didn't even tell him the President was behind having his mom and dad kidnapped and threatening to kill them. COME ON. -_-

Did batman help get his parents back? I honestly don't remember too long ago. But none of those points you listed make me want to side with superman, they are just reasons why superman went insane.

sage1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've read so far, pls keep in mind I have no knowledge of what happens in the game so far Batman has been a very annoying character,mourning the death of Joker defending the Arkham asylum inmates, abandoning his son, keeping critical information from other characters and then going behind their backs etc makes him very very difficult to like. If he had stayed and applied some common sense he could have been an adequate balance to Diana aggression and now Luthor's possible machinations but noooooo he had to go and make himself an enemy.

Yes Superman as taken a lot of questionable decisions and some incredibly shortsighted ones at that but at the core of it he wants to do good and Bruce was in a prime position to help guide that anger and frustration into something positive but he didn't cause he was still mourning the death of his beloved Joker. Okay I admit I might not be an exact representation of what happened but it does not change the fact that Bruce really screwed up here.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I can't believe people are actually defending Superman and can't see he's the badguy in the comic.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kellerman: What's the point of having your life, if it's no longer in your control?

sage1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Not defending his actions and I can see how it comes across like that, I'm just condemning most of Batman's action, he is no hero to me in this story.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By dernman

@sage1000: I have to disagree. He's sees what Superman is doing, becoming and he's trying to stop it. Rightfully so. Heck if the real Superman were there he would stop him.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dernman said:

I can't believe people are actually defending Superman and can't see he's the badguy in the comic.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OhItsThatGuy

@sage1000: Batman is a hero. He just understands that for there to be any real change, that it has to be made by the people of Earth, and of their own will. To just grab power, and kill whoever you think is guilty, leads to bad things happening. Batman also understands why it's terrible to lose power, and become a victim, for that is what made him Batman in the first place. He can uniquely see how Superman is becoming the very evil Batman has sworn to fight.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

If he was wearing the MOS outfit he probably would have. ;)

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No.

Superman is a friend of Batman's. Superman shouldn't kill his friend.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Who cares about what happens in this series, is non canon and non existing in the "real world"

sage1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohitsthatguy:

@sage1000: Batman is a hero. He just understands that for there to be any real change, that it has to be made by the people of Earth, and of their own will. To just grab power, and kill whoever you think is guilty, leads to bad things happening. Batman also understands why it's terrible to lose power, and become a victim, for that is what made him Batman in the first place. He can uniquely see how Superman is becoming the very evil Batman has sworn to fight.

I'm not saying Batman does not understand, my grouse with him comes from the way he chooses to act on that information. It would be way easier and better for him to try and temper Superman's action with friendly advice than to decide to act in opposition. I believe if Batman went this route things won't have escalated as quickly as it is going to now.

It was not as if Superman started out wanting to rule the world even up till now he still doesn't want to rule, he just wants peace and has been applying some very shortsighted solutions to the problem and that is where Batman could have helped draft better proactive solutions that just brute force. To me he may have the moral right and that is even debatable but he is a dick both to his friend and his son.

Kellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: No he didn't. Superman came crashing into his Batcave asking him "Where were you?" and then noticed that he was grieving over Joker's death.( that right there should end a friendship.) Btw.

Jpgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy said:

If he was wearing the MOS outfit he probably would have. ;)

Bringing up MOS is kind of uncalled for especially since the Superman from Injustice does kill (and far more regularly than MOS Superman does)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Kellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jpgman: And then later in the comic he should add batman, since he's not holding back no more.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

No.

Superman is a friend of Batman's. Superman shouldn't kill his friend.

So was Green Arrow and Shazam and he killed them

Jpgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kellerman: I really doubt he'll kill Batman, he's alive in the game. His next victim will be without a doubt Green Arrow.

Kellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jpgman: Oh wow, I could see why he would kill Green Arrow, with him helping Harley and all. Man I've read the Injustice 1-25 3 times already and still cant get enough. You know when the next issue is coming out?

Jpgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kellerman: Yeah, I think Green Arrow will die in the current arc, the series has been kinda static for the last few issues so they need a big game changer, even bigger than another dead criminal, a dead hero, or heroes since I'm sure most of Batman's insurgency will start getting killed as well after GA dies.

Next issue is probably out next Tuesday, like always :P

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kellerman: he cant kill batman because the comic is a prequel to the game and batman is in the main story of the game

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is an extremely stupid idea. There is just so much wrong with it it blows my mind.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@kellerman said:

If you've been reading the comic's, Batman's just too stubborn and too cocky,always feels he can win somehow.I think that needs to be stopped with this comic. He made a team to try to stop Superman from getting ultimate peace because he doesn't believe in the killing(Example: Kalibak,and his army). Plus it will end all of the stupid Superman vs Batman debates forever.

The events of the game already show he's not gonna kill bats. But the stakes are likely to be much higher in a sequel due to that sequel hook at the end of story mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic comes out Every Tuesday!

Batman won't die, and the comic is a prequel to the game .. I think

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By OhItsThatGuy

@sage1000: Superman was made a victim for the first time of his life, and was made highly-unstable because of it. Batman chose the safe and practical route of planning a contingency force against Superman. It wasn't the nicest thing, but it's totally in-character with who Batman is. Batman doesn't trust anyone 100%. Also, Superman forced the Israeli and Palestinian leadership to make a peace treaty, or be vaporized by his heat vision. He's blatantly disrespecting the sovereignty of nations, threatening world leaders with harm, and sticking himself in a hornets' nest that he knows next to nothing about. He's probably made the Middle East into an even more volatile region, in the name of "peace." He's out of control. Batman doing what he's doing makes sense. Furthermore, even if Batman were to work with Superman in the beginning, it would fall apart for Batman doesn't believe in taking human life. I'd like to also add that Batman's reaction to Damien killing Dick was totally believable. Do you just expect Batman to go, "Whoops. Sure, you killed my adopted son, but no biggie?" C'mon. It doesn't matter that Robin didn't mean to kill him. He threw the escrima stick that led to Dick breaking his neck. He'd be tried for murder, if the law was actually applied to him like other people.

Kellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kellerman

@ohitsthatguy: It was his fault anyway kept egging him on about defending the murders.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By OhItsThatGuy
    Kellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohitsthatguy: He got mad,thew the stick and an accident happened. Nuff said.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I want to see Batman go crazy and do something like this.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sage1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sage1000: Superman was made a victim for the first time of his life, and was made highly-unstable because of it. Batman chose the safe and practical route of planning a contingency force against Superman. It wasn't the nicest thing, but it's totally in-character with who Batman is. Batman doesn't trust anyone 100%. Also, Superman forced the Israeli and Palestinian leadership to make a peace treaty, or be vaporized by his heat vision. He's blatantly disrespecting the sovereignty of nations, threatening world leaders with harm, and sticking himself in a hornets' nest that he knows next to nothing about. He's probably made the Middle East into an even more volatile region, in the name of "peace." He's out of control. Batman doing what he's doing makes sense. Furthermore, even if Batman were to work with Superman in the beginning, it would fall apart for Batman doesn't believe in taking human life. I'd like to also add that Batman's reaction to Damien killing Dick was totally believable. Do you just expect Batman to go, "Whoops. Sure, you killed my adopted son, but no biggie?" C'mon. It doesn't matter that Robin didn't mean to kill him. He threw the escrima stick that led to Dick breaking his neck. He'd be tried for murder, if the law was actually applied to him like other people.

Batman made the contingency plan before Superman went unstable. It was his contingency plan that made Superman lose almost everything he held dear. Yeah going the safe and practical route is fine, it doesn't mean you antagonize an already emotionally unstable person further and grieving for Joker was absolutely ridiculous, I mean who grieves for a known sociopath responsible for the destruction of a whole city and your supposedly best friend wife and unborn child.

I should add Superman doesn't also believe in taking life willy nilly but of truly despicable characters like joker that actually deserve it and no chance the guy would ever be rehabilitated. The Arkam asylum inmates where transferred to more secure prison and not the execution chamber and Batman's reaction there was completely stupid and irrational, the behavior of a child whose toys where just taken away from him.

I can't recall a single instance in the comic where he actually asks Superman how he was doing, not even once. Yes he lost his adopted son and has a right to be angry, yes Damien should be tried for his crime but that doesn't mean he stopped being his father. His son just went through a traumatic experience accidentally killing someone he considers a brother and the dude basically kicks him out. In the end he lost two sons instead of one.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman kill batman,and then to sex with wonder woman

lol

Kellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sage1000: Couldn't have said it any better.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh that's cool, superman beating batman In injustice, if something like that can end this debate than why the hell couldn't bat fans use DKR or red son as proof along time ago?? BECAUSE ITS NOT CANON

Kellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kellerman

@russellmania77: I doubt it would match anything if Superman ripped Batman's head off, and its not just beat, its KILL batman.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Strongarm
    No Caption Provided

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sage1000: Batman's contingency plans never helped to push Superman into crazy town. It was Superman's own grief, his newfound fear, and Wonder Woman's enabling attitude which did. Batman doesn't grieve for Joker. No one hates the Joker more than Batman. Superman, in his grief, stupidly accuses Batman of that. Batman simply understands himself much better than Superman does, and knows that if he were to kill the Joker, he's be psychologically compelled to kill every other super villain on Earth. He's be compelled to take control. Batman understands that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Superman does not, for he's never been on the other side of the power scale til just recently. That lesson of what it means to be powerless and powerful is what Batman has grappled with for years. And that's not true. It just starts with sociopaths like Joker. It later turns to world leaders, superheroes that oppose Superman, and normal people like you and me. That's the point of where Batman is trying to get at. Power corrupts. Also, Damien kills Nightwing. To hold it against Batman that he feels strongly about his death is ridiculous. If someone kill a person you loved a lot, would it matter to you if it was an accident? If a drunk driver kills your kid, does it make the pain and the loss any less?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.