Superman should be the only Kryptonian. Supergirl should

#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

be killed off. Agree?

Because, what makes Superman unique is he is the last son of Krypton. The last surviving member of his race, before Crisis on Infinite Earths, they introduced Supergirl and then a whole bunch of Kryptonians came along. That's why they killed off Supergirl. So I think they should either

A) Kill her off. For good, along with any other Kryptonians besides Superman

B) Make a new Crisis and erase her along with Damian Wayne

Honestly. What makes Superman so special is that he is the only surviving Kryptonian, the more Kryptonians you add, the less special he gets. It happened after COIE, they swore that he'd be the only Kryptonian but 19 years later Supergirl was added and more Kryptonians.

I think Supergirl needs to go. For the greater good.

#2 Posted by confirukia (219 posts) - - Show Bio

i THINK SUPERGIRL SHOULD STAY(her life is very interesting and funny,her life is even better than supermans)

i think superman should just die under a rock

#3 Posted by Wolfrazer (4953 posts) - - Show Bio

Even Krypto? D: The best dog ever?! But anyway can kinda agree, however there is kinda a loophole seeing as its said the last SON of Krypton, meaning theres a little wiggle room for Supergirl to be included since she is a female. But ya....can agree.

#4 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

@confirukia said:

i THINK SUPERGIRL SHOULD STAY(her life is very interesting and funny,her life is even better than supermans)

i think superman should just die under a rock

Nah. Supergirl is nowhere near as significant as Superman. She needs to go IMO.

Superman will always stand out.

#5 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: I agree. Krypto is ok though :D

#6 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed on the erasing Damian Wayne part.

#7 Edited by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree. I can understand that having Supergirl around takes away from Clark being the last son of Krypton, but I don't think she should be erased to make that statement true. By that token, Power Girl would have to go as well since she's also a Kryptonian.

Also, no more crises for a while. I would've agreed with taking out Damian but he's grown on me, especially after what he did to Jason Todd.

#8 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Zod and the rest of them?

#9 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

@0n1zuka: Power-Girl was an Earth-2 Kryptonian. She needs to go though IMO, she's boring and really, there was a reason she died in COIE.

#10 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

What about Zod and the rest of them?

Them too.

#11 Posted by Izaiah (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has always been the 'Last Son of Krypton', as he always been the last surviving child born or conceived on the planet.
Supergirl has to stay, I find her title to be one of the best of the New 52.

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl is alright, but it really counter the whole purpose of Clark being "completely alone" in the universe. She's an interesting character though and has a lot of potential.

Moderator
#13 Posted by Wolfrazer (4953 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really understood though with having clones of characters. Ok maybe not EXACT clones, but like giving said character the same powers, same place of birth and all that with their only difference being gender and how they got to where they are now. Yet they have the exact same powers, the only difference is their gender and personality.

#14 Posted by Joygirl (15340 posts) - - Show Bio

You lay a finger on Power Girl and I will make gravy with your head.

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with Supergirl.

#16 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: I know that Karen is from Earth-2. You might think she's boring, but I don't see why she has to go.

#17 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

And I thought being the first superhero, and being a moral paragon and such was what made Clark special...

#18 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree. DC wouldn't do that again after they had such a hard time replacing her, besides, hers in one of the best books in the new 52.

#19 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1782 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, I can't say I agree.

I don't think there should be a bunch of Kryptonians running around... however, I do like having Supergirl around. She gives Superman someone who he can relate to in a way he can't with anyone else, someone to share the heritage with, someone who truly is family, rather than adopted family. Plus, I just plain like her.

Being the last Kryptonian isn't what makes Superman special. Even if he were the only Kryptonian, there would still be dozens of other heroes just like him... his place of birth is nothing special. What sets Superman apart from the pack is WHO he is, not WHAT he is.

Online
#20 Posted by Frozen (5158 posts) - - Show Bio

Exact reason she died in COIE.

#21 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

@0n1zuka: Power-Girl is fine.

#22 Edited by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: I was taking about Supergirl, but I didn't make that as clear as I should have.

#23 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

@0n1zuka: She's just boring. Superman being the last of his kind, adds something to his overall character. Makes him more human.

#24 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: I disagree about her being boring, but those are our personal opinions. I do agree with the rest of your post however.

#25 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

that isn't what LAST SON means....it means that he was the LAST SON born on Krypton not that he is the last surviving Kryptonian...no matter how many Kryptonians there are running around at any given moment Kal was still the last son born on Krypton before it exploded

#26 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

that isn't what LAST SON means....it means that he was the LAST SON born on Krypton not that he is the last surviving Kryptonian...no matter how many Kryptonians there are running around at any given moment Kal was still the last son born on Krypton before it exploded

Let me re-phrase. Him being the last of his kind, the last of his entire race, makes him more special and human.

#27 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Sorry, I can't say I agree.

I don't think there should be a bunch of Kryptonians running around... however, I do like having Supergirl around. She gives Superman someone who he can relate to in a way he can't with anyone else, someone to share the heritage with, someone who truly is family, rather than adopted family. Plus, I just plain like her.

Being the last Kryptonian isn't what makes Superman special. Even if he were the only Kryptonian, there would still be dozens of other heroes just like him... his place of birth is nothing special. What sets Superman apart from the pack is WHO he is, not WHAT he is.

#28 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

There is small bottle that counts as a city’s worth of krytonians. There is speculation of other krytonians that are in the shadow zone. I am surprise no one ask superman to do a head count.

Supergirl now has the Super Best Friends Forever minishow going for her that helps also Batgirl and Wondergirl.

#29 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian Wayne should stay he's one of my favorite charecters. i could care less about supergirl though, your right it kinda does destroy supermans point though.

#30 Posted by stephens2177 (962 posts) - - Show Bio

i like all the kryptonians,but if they were erased from the DCU,we could still have superboy and linda danvers as supergirl.

#31 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

Never really cared about Supergirl to be honest.

#32 Posted by Onemoreposter (3556 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: To you sir, I recommend early 90's superman books. One of my favorite and most collected periods. Man of Steel (Byrne) effectively made Superman the only kryptonian after the '86 reboot. It got a little convoluted with pocket dimensions and the wizard Tolos, and matrix earth born angles and possessed Polkostani Generals, but it was fun.

#33 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Supergirl AND Damian Wayne. I wouldn't take the whole "Last Son of Krypton" thing too seriously. There's a reason more Kryptonians tend to pop out of the woodwork in Superman comics over time. It's because people WANT to see them. I'd agree that the others should be used sparingly, but Kara should stick around. She's a great icon for young girls.

#34 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman isn't the last kryptonian.It's Supergirl who is the last true kryptonian.Supergirl is the only one who can pass down the kryptonian heritage.She's the one who lived amongst them.Superman doesn't know shit because he was just a baby during the time.

Only she can preserve kryptonian history and not superman.

#35 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

Superman isn't the last kryptonian.It's Supergirl who is the last true kryptonian.Supergirl is the only one who can pass down the kryptonian heritage.She's the one who lived amongst them.Superman doesn't know shit because he was just a baby during the time.

Only she can preserve kryptonian history and not superman.

Supergirl does have the advantage of having lived as Kryptonian. However, to be fair, Superman does have super-memory recall so he can remember everything that happened when he was a baby on Krypton.

#36 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

Superman isn't the last kryptonian.It's Supergirl who is the last true kryptonian.Supergirl is the only one who can pass down the kryptonian heritage.She's the one who lived amongst them.Superman doesn't know shit because he was just a baby during the time.

Only she can preserve kryptonian history and not superman.

Yeah OK.

Superman > Supergirl. He is the true hero.

#37 Posted by SC (11960 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, but while your killing Supergirl off, kill Superman too. Last time he was relevant was when he was dead. It made him more human and special too. So they should write a story where Superman gets into a fight with Magua. Then Magua axes him and then throws him into a ravine and then Suoergirl dives in headfirst out of despair, after like staring at Magua for ten minutes.   

Moderator
#38 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

I agree, but while your killing Supergirl off, kill Superman too. Last time he was relevant was when he was dead. It made him more human and special too. So they should write a story where Superman gets into a fight with Magua. Then Magua axes him and then throws him into a ravine and then Suoergirl dives in headfirst out of despair, after like staring at Magua for ten minutes.

No. They kill of Supergirl and make Superman more like KC Superman.

Then maybe people will read Superman.

Batman was also wrong on that.

#39 Posted by SC (11960 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23 said:

Batman was also wrong.

 
I am glad you agree with me. Just like you can't have KC without the Sunshine band, Superman without the KC is just not quite the same. 
Moderator
#40 Posted by comicdude23 (11397 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

@comicdude23 said:

Batman was also wrong.

I am glad you agree with me. Just like you can't have KC without the Sunshine band, Superman without the KC is just not quite the same.

I agree. I liked Kingdom Come Superman because he was grittier and bitter, but that worked for him. He lost the sunshine crap.

KC for me, is the best Superman story. And I'm gonna get stuff for this, but Kingdom Come > Birthright.

#41 Posted by SC (11960 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23 said:

KC for me, is the best Superman story. And I'm gonna get stuff for this, but Kingdom Come > Birthright.

Ehh, Birthright I think is a little overrated, so I at least agree with you. I am not sure they can replicate or should try to as far as KC Superman into mainstream though. Too many complications.   
Moderator
#42 Posted by Raiiyn (3288 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: You sir, are now on top of my enemies list >_<

@Izaiah said:

Superman has always been the 'Last Son of Krypton', as he always been the last surviving child born or conceived on the planet. Supergirl has to stay, I find her title to be one of the best of the New 52.

YAY!

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Sorry, I can't say I agree.

I don't think there should be a bunch of Kryptonians running around... however, I do like having Supergirl around. She gives Superman someone who he can relate to in a way he can't with anyone else, someone to share the heritage with, someone who truly is family, rather than adopted family. Plus, I just plain like her.

Being the last Kryptonian isn't what makes Superman special. Even if he were the only Kryptonian, there would still be dozens of other heroes just like him... his place of birth is nothing special. What sets Superman apart from the pack is WHO he is, not WHAT he is.

I couldn't agree more.

@SC said:

I agree, but while your killing Supergirl off, kill Superman too. Last time he was relevant was when he was dead. It made him more human and special too. So they should write a story where Superman gets into a fight with Magua. Then Magua axes him and then throws him into a ravine and then Suoergirl dives in headfirst out of despair, after like staring at Magua for ten minutes.

Even joking... This is not okay >_<

#43 Posted by stephens2177 (962 posts) - - Show Bio

im glad all you agree that superboy could and should always be,even if they kill kara off again lol.

#44 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody needs to die. He is the last son of Krypton, she is the last daughter of Krypton. Besides, people like general Zod, Jax Ur and Faora has always been a big part of the Superman mythology. So they will appear in the books which means, he isn't really the only Kryptonian.

#45 Posted by sinestro_GL (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree. Technically Kal El is the last son of Krypton - i.e. he is the youngest Kryptonian.

Anyway, erasing the other kryptonians out of existence removes too much from the Superman mythos - one I would not approve of.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.