Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman should be the only Kryptonian. Supergirl should

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

be killed off. Agree?

Because, what makes Superman unique is he is the last son of Krypton. The last surviving member of his race, before Crisis on Infinite Earths, they introduced Supergirl and then a whole bunch of Kryptonians came along. That's why they killed off Supergirl. So I think they should either

A) Kill her off. For good, along with any other Kryptonians besides Superman

B) Make a new Crisis and erase her along with Damian Wayne

Honestly. What makes Superman so special is that he is the only surviving Kryptonian, the more Kryptonians you add, the less special he gets. It happened after COIE, they swore that he'd be the only Kryptonian but 19 years later Supergirl was added and more Kryptonians.

I think Supergirl needs to go. For the greater good.

confirukia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By confirukia

i THINK SUPERGIRL SHOULD STAY(her life is very interesting and funny,her life is even better than supermans)

i think superman should just die under a rock

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer

Even Krypto? D: The best dog ever?! But anyway can kinda agree, however there is kinda a loophole seeing as its said the last SON of Krypton, meaning theres a little wiggle room for Supergirl to be included since she is a female. But ya....can agree.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@confirukia said:

i THINK SUPERGIRL SHOULD STAY(her life is very interesting and funny,her life is even better than supermans)

i think superman should just die under a rock

Nah. Supergirl is nowhere near as significant as Superman. She needs to go IMO.

Superman will always stand out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wolfrazer: I agree. Krypto is ok though :D

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By Dracade102

Agreed on the erasing Damian Wayne part.

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By 0n1zuka

I disagree. I can understand that having Supergirl around takes away from Clark being the last son of Krypton, but I don't think she should be erased to make that statement true. By that token, Power Girl would have to go as well since she's also a Kryptonian.

Also, no more crises for a while. I would've agreed with taking out Damian but he's grown on me, especially after what he did to Jason Todd.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Twentyfive

What about Zod and the rest of them?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@0n1zuka: Power-Girl was an Earth-2 Kryptonian. She needs to go though IMO, she's boring and really, there was a reason she died in COIE.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Twentyfive said:

What about Zod and the rest of them?

Them too.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Izaiah

Superman has always been the 'Last Son of Krypton', as he always been the last surviving child born or conceived on the planet.
    Supergirl has to stay, I find her title to be one of the best of the New 52.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Deranged Midget

Supergirl is alright, but it really counter the whole purpose of Clark being "completely alone" in the universe. She's an interesting character though and has a lot of potential.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfrazer

I never really understood though with having clones of characters. Ok maybe not EXACT clones, but like giving said character the same powers, same place of birth and all that with their only difference being gender and how they got to where they are now. Yet they have the exact same powers, the only difference is their gender and personality.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#14  Edited By Joygirl

You lay a finger on Power Girl and I will make gravy with your head.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#15  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I'm fine with Supergirl.

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 0n1zuka

@comicdude23: I know that Karen is from Earth-2. You might think she's boring, but I don't see why she has to go.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#17  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

And I thought being the first superhero, and being a moral paragon and such was what made Clark special...

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
    GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

I disagree. DC wouldn't do that again after they had such a hard time replacing her, besides, hers in one of the best books in the new 52.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Imagine_Man15

Sorry, I can't say I agree.

I don't think there should be a bunch of Kryptonians running around... however, I do like having Supergirl around. She gives Superman someone who he can relate to in a way he can't with anyone else, someone to share the heritage with, someone who truly is family, rather than adopted family. Plus, I just plain like her.

Being the last Kryptonian isn't what makes Superman special. Even if he were the only Kryptonian, there would still be dozens of other heroes just like him... his place of birth is nothing special. What sets Superman apart from the pack is WHO he is, not WHAT he is.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Exact reason she died in COIE.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@0n1zuka: Power-Girl is fine.

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 0n1zuka

@comicdude23: I was taking about Supergirl, but I didn't make that as clear as I should have.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@0n1zuka: She's just boring. Superman being the last of his kind, adds something to his overall character. Makes him more human.

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 0n1zuka

@comicdude23: I disagree about her being boring, but those are our personal opinions. I do agree with the rest of your post however.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By danhimself

that isn't what LAST SON means....it means that he was the LAST SON born on Krypton not that he is the last surviving Kryptonian...no matter how many Kryptonians there are running around at any given moment Kal was still the last son born on Krypton before it exploded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

that isn't what LAST SON means....it means that he was the LAST SON born on Krypton not that he is the last surviving Kryptonian...no matter how many Kryptonians there are running around at any given moment Kal was still the last son born on Krypton before it exploded

Let me re-phrase. Him being the last of his kind, the last of his entire race, makes him more special and human.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By SoA

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I don't think there should be a bunch of Kryptonians running around... however, I do like having Supergirl around. She gives Superman someone who he can relate to in a way he can't with anyone else, someone to share the heritage with, someone who truly is family, rather than adopted family. Plus, I just plain like her.

Being the last Kryptonian isn't what makes Superman special. Even if he were the only Kryptonian, there would still be dozens of other heroes just like him... his place of birth is nothing special. What sets Superman apart from the pack is WHO he is, not WHAT he is.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Hazlenaut

There is small bottle that counts as a city’s worth of krytonians. There is speculation of other krytonians that are in the shadow zone. I am surprise no one ask superman to do a head count.

Supergirl now has the Super Best Friends Forever minishow going for her that helps also Batgirl and Wondergirl.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eternal19

Damian Wayne should stay he's one of my favorite charecters. i could care less about supergirl though, your right it kinda does destroy supermans point though.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By stephens2177

i like all the kryptonians,but if they were erased from the DCU,we could still have superboy and linda danvers as supergirl.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SandMan_

Never really cared about Supergirl to be honest.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By Onemoreposter

@comicdude23: To you sir, I recommend early 90's superman books. One of my favorite and most collected periods. Man of Steel (Byrne) effectively made Superman the only kryptonian after the '86 reboot. It got a little convoluted with pocket dimensions and the wizard Tolos, and matrix earth born angles and possessed Polkostani Generals, but it was fun.

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By Jekylhyde14

I like Supergirl AND Damian Wayne. I wouldn't take the whole "Last Son of Krypton" thing too seriously. There's a reason more Kryptonians tend to pop out of the woodwork in Superman comics over time. It's because people WANT to see them. I'd agree that the others should be used sparingly, but Kara should stick around. She's a great icon for young girls.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By moywar700

Superman isn't the last kryptonian.It's Supergirl who is the last true kryptonian.Supergirl is the only one who can pass down the kryptonian heritage.She's the one who lived amongst them.Superman doesn't know shit because he was just a baby during the time.

Only she can preserve kryptonian history and not superman.

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By Jekylhyde14

@moywar700 said:

Superman isn't the last kryptonian.It's Supergirl who is the last true kryptonian.Supergirl is the only one who can pass down the kryptonian heritage.She's the one who lived amongst them.Superman doesn't know shit because he was just a baby during the time.

Supergirl does have the advantage of having lived as Kryptonian. However, to be fair, Superman does have super-memory recall so he can remember everything that happened when he was a baby on Krypton.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moywar700 said:

Yeah OK.

Superman > Supergirl. He is the true hero.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#37  Edited By SC  Moderator

I agree, but while your killing Supergirl off, kill Superman too. Last time he was relevant was when he was dead. It made him more human and special too. So they should write a story where Superman gets into a fight with Magua. Then Magua axes him and then throws him into a ravine and then Suoergirl dives in headfirst out of despair, after like staring at Magua for ten minutes.   

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC said:

I agree, but while your killing Supergirl off, kill Superman too. Last time he was relevant was when he was dead. It made him more human and special too. So they should write a story where Superman gets into a fight with Magua. Then Magua axes him and then throws him into a ravine and then Suoergirl dives in headfirst out of despair, after like staring at Magua for ten minutes.

No. They kill of Supergirl and make Superman more like KC Superman.

Then maybe people will read Superman.

Batman was also wrong on that.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @comicdude23 said:

Batman was also wrong.

I am glad you agree with me. Just like you can't have KC without the Sunshine band, Superman without the KC is just not quite the same. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC said:

@comicdude23 said:

Batman was also wrong.

I am glad you agree with me. Just like you can't have KC without the Sunshine band, Superman without the KC is just not quite the same.

I agree. I liked Kingdom Come Superman because he was grittier and bitter, but that worked for him. He lost the sunshine crap.

KC for me, is the best Superman story. And I'm gonna get stuff for this, but Kingdom Come > Birthright.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @comicdude23 said:

KC for me, is the best Superman story. And I'm gonna get stuff for this, but Kingdom Come > Birthright.

Ehh, Birthright I think is a little overrated, so I at least agree with you. I am not sure they can replicate or should try to as far as KC Superman into mainstream though. Too many complications.   
    Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Raiiyn

@comicdude23: You sir, are now on top of my enemies list >_<

@Izaiah said:

Superman has always been the 'Last Son of Krypton', as he always been the last surviving child born or conceived on the planet. Supergirl has to stay, I find her title to be one of the best of the New 52.

YAY!

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I couldn't agree more.

@SC said:

I agree, but while your killing Supergirl off, kill Superman too. Last time he was relevant was when he was dead. It made him more human and special too. So they should write a story where Superman gets into a fight with Magua. Then Magua axes him and then throws him into a ravine and then Suoergirl dives in headfirst out of despair, after like staring at Magua for ten minutes.

Even joking... This is not okay >_<

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By stephens2177

im glad all you agree that superboy could and should always be,even if they kill kara off again lol.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#44  Edited By sethysquare

Nobody needs to die. He is the last son of Krypton, she is the last daughter of Krypton. Besides, people like general Zod, Jax Ur and Faora has always been a big part of the Superman mythology. So they will appear in the books which means, he isn't really the only Kryptonian.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By sinestro_GL

I disagree. Technically Kal El is the last son of Krypton - i.e. he is the youngest Kryptonian.

Anyway, erasing the other kryptonians out of existence removes too much from the Superman mythos - one I would not approve of.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.