Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman Returns currently leading Man of Steel on RT

• 76 results
    Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

And yet, more proof that RT is overly critical.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By Perezite
    Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: and RT is the ultimate authority because...?

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@perezite: and RT is the ultimate authority because...?

I thought you were saying they were pros or such.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: not everyone who posts reviews for RT, though I will say their consensus does reflect how mediocre it was.

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why no one should ever, ever take RT seriously. The site is a joke.

QFT

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Seriously

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@perezite: not everyone who posts reviews for RT, though I will say their consensus does reflect how mediocre it was.

You mean like how Iron Man 2 reflected how mediocre that was?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@perezite: what lol

That has like, a 70 something on RT yet is not what many would call 70 percent material.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@perezite: hmm I would

Well of course YOU would. RDJ, Iron Man, and Marvel are your patron deities for Christ sakes! Thus, I'm not surprised you'd have the stones to call that turd 70 percent material.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Extremis
    Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Perezite
    Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: good. Can we talk about how much of a "turd" MoS was now? It's topical after all. Even Returns has a higher tomato meter. Hilarious.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@perezite: good. Can we talk about how much of a "turd" MoS was now? It's topical after all. Even Returns has a higher tomato meter. Hilarious.

Nah. Because MoS wasn't a turd and your daft if you think it was, and obviously biased considering who your patron deities are that you admitted.

Avatar image for captainlantern76
    CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Well...according to RT, 82% of audiences like MoS, while 67% like SR. So MoS beats SR there.

Man of Steel also has an 8.3 on Metacritic with audiences, while Superman Returns has a 5.8. On the other hand, MoS has a 55 out of 100 with critics on the same site, while SR has a 72.

Man of Steel has an 8.0 on IMDb, while Superman Returns has a 6.2 on the same site.

The big three have spoken. Just because a film does worse with the critics doesn't mean it will do worse with the audiences - and MoS is proof of that. It can also be the other way around - 95% of critics liked Antz according to RT, but only 47% of viewers liked that same film according to RT.

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By kenshima15

Well...according to RT, 82% of audiences like MoS, while 67% like SR. So MoS beats SR there.

Man of Steel also has an 8.3 on Metacritic with audiences, while Superman Returns has a 5.8. On the other hand, MoS has a 55 out of 100 with critics on the same site, while SR has a 72.

Man of Steel has an 8.0 on IMDb, while Superman Returns has a 6.2 on the same site.

The big three have spoken. Just because a film does worse with the critics doesn't mean it will do worse with the audiences - and MoS is proof of that. It can also be the other way around - 95% of critics liked Antz according to RT, but only 47% of viewers liked that same film according to RT.

Well said, wouldn't have said it better myself!

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By CaptainLantern76
    Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Extremis

@perezite: well all opinions are biased as they're subjective. So not sure that makes me daft for not agreeing with you. That's just me asserting a differing opinion. And I've done a better job at it than you as I've at least provided some sort of reasons why MoS was a let down. You've made no real argument to the contrary other than trying to call me something akin to a Marvel fanboy. Which, if you knew anything about me, is ludicrous. It's also one of the laziest and short sighted accusations you can give on here, so bravo! You could at least be original.

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@perezite: well all opinions are biased as they're subjective. So not sure that makes me daft for not agreeing with you. That's just me asserting a differing opinion. And I've done a better job at it than as I've at least provided some sort of reasons why MoS was a let down. You've made no real argument to the contrary other than trying to call me something akin to a Marvel fanboy. Which, if you knew anything about me, is ludicrous. It's also one of the laziest and short sighted accusations you can give on here, so bravo! You could at least be original.

Well said.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@perezite: well all opinions are biased as they're subjective. So not sure that makes me daft for not agreeing with you. That's just me asserting a differing opinion. And I've done a better job at it than you as I've at least provided some sort of reasons why MoS was a let down. You've made no real argument to the contrary other than trying to call me something akin to a Marvel fanboy. Which, if you knew anything about me, is ludicrous. It's also one of the laziest and short sighted accusations you can give on here, so bravo! You could at least be original.

Alright then, I'll play ball.

1. The Climax of Iron Man 2 felt like the end boss level of a video-game, and not in the good entertaining way. It was also a ginormous anti-climax. Not as bad as the fight between the Son of Asgard and the Destroyer in Thor or the fight between Ghost Rider and Blackheart at the end of the original Ghost Rider movie, but still not exactly satisfying.

2. The villain (IE, Ivan) had potential to be a good one, but the execution on him was poorly handled.

3. The fight between Iron Man and Ivan at Monaco was also an anti-climax. Again, not as bad as the one from Thor an Ghost Rider, but not even as good as the climax of the film in general. Somewhere in between.

4. Any other problems I have with the film, you can find on this vid here:

Loading Video...

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite: first off this is a thread about MoS, not Iron Man 2. I'm not sure why you keep talking about it. Secondly it seems you're only problem here is with IM2. If that's the case, go write a blog or something (it's more appropriate for this type of rant). I have no desire to debate the merits of that movie, let alone in a MoS thread.

You've miraculously led this conversation into a mindless back and forth which I really don't care to continue as your chance to make any sort of actual argument has diminished. I was willing to see this through but that ship has sailed as there is obviously nothing to discuss here anymore. The reviews are in. And it seems most everyone else has moved on except you.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well other than the rest of the talkative folk, I loved it.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DRUDOX19

MOS accomplished its mission this is what the audiences wanted from Superman Fanboys are in the minority when it comes to pleasing us. I am sure MOS 2 will be the one you guys wanted so lets chill out. I myself am a Superman fanboy i read his comics for 30 years and i had no issue with MOS. Donner universe to me is the biggest hindrance of the Superman mythos superman wasn't created in 1978 Chris Reeve i will say it was never my superman this is why i never cared for Franks art work in Geoff Johns story. Superman will always be comic superman he was never in my eyes the Donnerverse. They just hold this film has god since it started the superhero genre. Donner rarely used the Source Material he created the whole Superman is Jesus thing which is the only thing that bothered me about MOS. Superman was based on Jewish mythology and other western myths and the creators love for Science Fiction. Anyhow MOS i will not bash it cause these fans are hating on it like they want to wait 10 more years for a reboot again.

MOS is a success it did what it did it got audiences back to like Superman has a franchise again and they want to see it go forward has a franchise in of itself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.