Superman Reboot (Man of Steel)

#1 Posted by theconman1876 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

In Man of Steel, is Superman supposed to be the only superhero that exists or is WB allowing a universe where the Justice League could exist?

#2 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

No one can confirm this.

Last I heard Christopher Nolans wanted this to be stand alone. But reports are saying that WB wants Christopher Nolans to produce Justice League. So he might set the two universe together having MOS leading into Justice League then having individual characters spin off from the Justice League movie.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully man of steel is a in someway a tie in to a JL movie but i highly dout it but on the up and up the MOS is probly going to be awesome and i think its a start of a seris.

#4 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't think there will be any JLA movie at all

#5 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by Sundipped_Superman (285 posts) - - Show Bio

A JLA movie if made well could be way more awesome than Avengers.

#7 Posted by HolySerpent (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

I still prefer a dc trinity movie

#8 Posted by Sundipped_Superman (285 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

I still prefer a dc trinity movie

As good and practical as that sounds it's kinda a childhood fantasy of mine to see Martian Manhunter, Flash and Aquaman in a well made JLA movie.

#9 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sundipped_Superman: why would a movie that doesnt even exist in writing let alone in cast (bale wont be batman) could be more awesome than a movie that exists and is awesome?

#10 Posted by thephantomstranger (129 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

if they are going to do a jla movie they have to do like marvel: a film for every character of the team in order to introduce them to the public...and i mean GOOD films,not like the green lantern one. if man of steel will be a succes (as i really hope) dc will probably have to make a flash film and a cyborg film too...so maybe we will have a jla movie,but it has a long way to come.

#12 Posted by HolySerpent (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

-_- They won't make a flash or a cyborg movie

#13 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: Probably not a Cyborg movie, but I think that Flash has enough of a fanbase to warrant his own film.

#14 Posted by Sundipped_Superman (285 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@Sundipped_Superman: why would a movie that doesnt even exist in writing let alone in cast (bale wont be batman) could be more awesome than a movie that exists and is awesome?

I don't know, it's wishful thinking i guess. Being a DC fan and all i'd appreciate a JLA movie more.

#15 Posted by HolySerpent (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

Highly unlikely to see flash on the big screen when wonder woman cant even get her own movie.

#16 Posted by Z3RO180 (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

A JL movie would be cool but my main concern if they did do one would be Christen Bale as Batman cause even though he is good at it i just dount think The Bale_Batman would be good for that movie due to the gravel grawl that he does in all three movies.

#17 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

A JLA movies needs Superman and Batman...That's fundamental...hell just having batman and Superman together in the big screen is gonna make a billion dollars.

#18 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to see Dark Knight Rises first, but I would think that there would need to be a Batman, Superman and maybe and a Green Lantern movie to help set it up. I think the success of the Avengers has pushed WB to consider a JL movie, but like Marvel did, they need to build up to it. Maybe not the same way as Marvel did, but as of now, I think the current DC movies all act as stand alone movies and are not connected. Because it's not the comic fans that they need to set up for, it's everyone else. People will want to try and connect Christopher Nolan's films to it and when it doesn't add up could cause problems. Marvel did an excellent job connecting all the dots with their movies that they seems to just flow together in the Avengers.

#19 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

A JLA movies needs Superman and Batman...That's fundamental...hell just having batman and Superman together in the big screen is gonna make a billion dollars.

Why don't they just make a Batman/Superman movie and then make the Justice League?First batman and superman then all the other members will get spin-off films.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.