Superman Punches Energy Beams!

#1 Posted by girl_from_the_future (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sure other characters have done it over the past, but I know that at least since the Max Fleischer cartoons Superman has been defeating city-destroying atomic death rays by punching them in their energy-faces. It's a pretty unusual signature move which really makes you wonder just what in the heck is going on with Kryptonian physiology.

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (13361 posts) - - Show Bio

He used to punch energy beams and fire and all kinds of crap in the JL and JLU cartoons 

Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl did it too....don't understand it either...but it looked cool

#3 Posted by termiteone4ever (7989 posts) - - Show Bio

THis has been happening since the golden ages . Silver age does it better :)

#4 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can do anything.

#5 Posted by Jayso4201 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can do anything.

I remember one of the old old old cartoons where he faces off against some evil genius guy (not Luthor) an he punched them.@PowerHerc said:

#6 Posted by MrDirector786 (43644 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of characters do it. I don't see what the big deal is.

#7 Posted by superbatprime (130 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty irresponsible behavior.

Those deflected beams could cause all kinds of collateral damage.

Standing there and taking the shots in the chest might be "boring" Clark but at least it breaks the beams up and dissipates them in a less dangerous way.

No wonder they call Bruce the smart one. >.>

#8 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2215 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple, energy beams contain mass. It explains why not only they can be punched back, but why people who lack lightspeed speed and reflexes can dodge them.

#9 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

the only thing superman can't punch is chuck noris

#10 Edited by trell0323 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

I was watching the Animated Series and had to bring it back up.

#11 Posted by Squalleon (4874 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by trell0323 (16 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Squalleon (4874 posts) - - Show Bio

@trell0323: No problem.I actually love seeing this cartoons on youtube.If you search all Fleischer Superman cartoons are on it with great video quality.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.