Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman pulling 1/3 earth

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skunkstein

Hey, ive seen these four pictures been used a lot around here... i sadly havent read the comics they where originally used in.

One is Superman, WW, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan??) apparently pulling the moon?

Another is Hal Jordan and Superman pulling earth together,

The second is MM, Supes, WW pulling earth..

and the last one, may even be the most impressive as its WW and Supes lifting eternity.. which is kinda a large amount of weight.

These pictures are thrown around like cheap prostitutes at a bachelor party in all kind of different Superman vs random dude boards. But i want to know the backstory behind them pulling/lifting these objects, for as we all know in comics, a single page of someone doing something is hardly actually fact as something could change the event the second you turn the page so are these feats legit? Or where they ''helped'' by other forces?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And JUST to add... if anyone knew, could you inform me of what issues these feats actually happend in?

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Skunkstein

No one?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By colonyofcells

Dc likes to do these ridiculous planet pulling feats every now and then and so just forget about these silly stunts. I prefer the John Byrne Superman who could lift only 1 bus.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Skunkstein

@colonyofcells said:

Dc likes to do these ridiculous planet pulling feats every now and then and so just forget about these silly stunts. I prefer the John Byrne Superman who could lift only 1 bus.

Right, right... i kinda agree, i dont think any earthly hero should be able to lift more than like a hangar ship. Anyway, my question still stands, are the feats above legit or not? Ive heard people complaining that Kyle Raynor actually helped a lot in the WW, MM and Supes pulling earth part, is that true?

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Omega-Man

@Skunkstein:

These feats all happened in JLA comics, all of these feats are legit no outside force is powering them up. The GL and Supes one is the most impressive since GL had to literary create a harness around Earth so Star breaker I believe couldn't move the planet into the sun. You are missing one feat of Strength and that was in Final Crisis with Superman and captain Marvel Lifting a book that was endless that book weighed more than a planet.

Though if you want recent look at the last issue of Superman comics 52 Superman can move the planet without being continently charged by yellow sun light.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By colonyofcells

Superman and Hal Jordan fighting Starbreaker is done in modern art but is about the bronze age satellite era Justice League first fight with Starbreaker when the Justice League had Hawkman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Atom. During the Grant Morrison JLA, Kyle Rayner was the Green Lantern and they did have a planet pulling stunt there. After that, Mark Waid took over as writer. After Mark Waid, the Atom and Major Disaster became members and they had another planet pulling stunt.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skunkstein

@Omega-Man said:

@Skunkstein:

These feats all happened in JLA comics, all of these feats are legit no outside force is powering them up. The GL and Supes one is the most impressive since GL had to literary create a harness around Earth so Star breaker I believe couldn't move the planet into the sun. You are missing one feat of Strength and that was in Final Crisis with Superman and captain Marvel Lifting a book that was endless that book weighed more than a planet.

Though if you want recent look at the last issue of Superman comics 52 Superman can move the planet without being continently charged by yellow sun light.

Thanks alot for the info, Superman is a beast lol. You shouldnt happend to have pictures of the Captain Marvel/Superman feat?

Yeah, ive seen the picture of him lifting the weight of earth, for what was it? 5 days? Thats an insane feat, im reading Action Comics but i want to buy Superman just to read about that feat, lol.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By GunGunW

@Skunkstein: The scan I posted (the one where him and GL are pulling the earth) is from Justice League of America Vol 2 29

.The scan where he bench presses the weight of the entire earth for five days straight is from Superman #13. Also note that he was sun deprived while doing this.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Omega-Man
    No Caption Provided

@Skunkstein:

There you go. I have alot of Superman feats in my images. And yes Superman #13 is the issue he did it for 5 days but also he has a speed feat in that same issue going from the Earth's core to the sun in seconds says he's beyond light speed once again, hell even in Action comics #14 he has a speed feat reaching Mars from earth in seconds he heard the call for help. and also recently in Red Hood and the Outlaws #14 another speed feat he went from Pluto to Earth in seconds. Actually catching up with Starfire, Red Hood and Arsnel who teleported to Earth and he was already there even though he was just at Pluto seconds before.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Skunkstein

@GunGunW said:

@Skunkstein: The scan I posted (the one where him and GL are pulling the earth) is from Justice League of America Vol 2 29

.The scan where he bench presses the weight of the entire earth for five days straight is from Superman #13. Also note that he was sun deprived while doing this.

Thanks, i wonder if its possible to find those issues in sale somewhere still.

@Omega-Man said:

No Caption Provided

@Skunkstein:

There you go. I have alot of Superman feats in my images. And yes Superman #13 is the issue he did it for 5 days but also he has a speed feat in that same issue going from the Earth's core to the sun in seconds says he's beyond light speed once again, hell even in Action comics #14 he has a speed feat reaching Mars from earth in seconds he heard the call for help. and also recently in Red Hood and the Outlaws #14 another speed feat he went from Pluto to Earth in seconds. Actually catching up with Starfire, Red Hood and Arsnel who teleported to Earth and he was already there even though he was just at Pluto seconds before.

Nice, thanks, feats are fun...

Its interesting that they went this way in the new 52. In the beginning of action comics he was a whole deal weaker than pre-flashpoint, even though it was supposed to take place ''before'' the actual continuity of the new 52, and he would most likely get stronger... this strong in so short, is pretty impressive, i had the feeling that they would try to downscale some of their heroes a little such as Flash who i felt was a somewhat weaker than pre-flashpoint. Also the fact that it seems Superman is less buff now etc.

It looks like i have to get issue 13, just for those feats, they sound cool... yeah i was thinking about that speed feat earth-mars in AC, Superman is insane. I bet Thor and Hulk fans arent happy about Supermans sudden power rise, lol.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Omega-Man

@Skunkstein: I bet they won't be happy either but then again it's kind of not a bad thing considering how strong Helspont is and he is outpowering Superman in the new 52 all he did was back hand him to the moon. But I wonder what does that mean for Shazam, Mon EL and Apollo. since they are all in the same universe as Superman are they just as Powerful as he is? like the main reason why Stormwatch got Apollo was be take on Superman, but he was struggling with asteroids in that comic series so he seems not in the same leagues as Superman. Shazam/Captain Marvel Him I'm unsure of how strong he is currently and then Mon EL in the Legion of Superheroes.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By a88378438

Silver age superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>new 52 superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pre 52 superman

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By a88378438

Apollo was be take on Superman never really happen..i hear somthing this just PS..

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Skunkstein

@Omega-Man :All good points, its gonna be interesting to follow, it also seems like Martian Manhunter is very strong in the new 52, that is based from the picture where the entire JL all took him on.

But for all purposes i hope Captain Marvel... ehm.. Shazam, and other heroes in his league have also gained a power rise, as i always like the dynamic Superman had with heroes with the same powerset as he.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By colonyofcells

My guess is these have a chance of beating Superman whether individually or if they gang up on Superman : Kryptonians, Daxamites, Captain Marvel, Martians, Apollo, Majestic, Orion.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Superman or not, anyone having the power to move a planet is plain out stupid and bad writing.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GunGunW

@BiteMe-Fanboy: I think Thor recently with help lifted one smaller that weighed more.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By colonyofcells

Superman definitely looks too puny to be moving even meteors.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jobbernos

what i dont get is why do people have a problem when superman lift a planet but when hulk cracked the east coast just by walking its ok and with thor lifting the serpent that wrapped itself around earth is also ok... hypocrites seems like people just complain about superman for any reason but when other characters do similar things its ok and cool to them..

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By PowerHerc

One third of the Earth isn't even a warm up for the Man of Steel.

Superman can lift, push or pull many, many times more weight than that.

Avatar image for herofromkrypton
    HeroFromKrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HeroFromKrypton

@colonyofcells said:

Even Byrne Superman was stronger than that. In the MoS mini-series alone, he lifted a cruise ship.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By marvel123

although superman returns could have alot been better, i still liked how they showed superman at his weakest point lifting a continent/island..............and even in the finale of smallville, (which also could have been better) how they portroyed him lifting/moving a dwarf planet by himself.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deaditegonzo

@PowerHerc said:

One third of the Earth isn't even a warm up for the Man of Steel.

Superman can lift, push or pull many, many times more weight than that.

By my count, he has two explicit feats, and one that doesnt say so specifically but would calculate to such in the real world (real world science doesnt necessarily have a bearing on comics, I know), of lifting infinite mass.

1) Lifting infinite consciousness with Wonder Woman- The Spectre. Thats a "lifting eternity" feat for both of them. I dont think the writers realized this when they wrote it, but: A) An infinite QUANTITY of something with mass (which it is explicitly stated on panel that the Spectre has mass) equates to infinite mass; and B) 1/2 of infinity STILL EQUALS INFINITY.

2) Lifting the book in Limbo, with Captain Marvel. See sub heading "B" on the above. Infinity for both. However, iirc, doesnt Captain Marvel have to break away after a moment? I dont remember exactly (guess I could look it up).

3) Pushing Warworld, an already massive structure, even when Warwolds FTL thrusters were pushing back AT FULL POWER. This one was Sundipped, and like I said, not explicitly stated, but theres a pattern that supports my thesis.

Superman is the strongest non-Cosmic Entity, BAR NONE, in canon. And I like that New 52 Supes is hearkening back to the Silver Age a bit, and has no scrupples outright showing Kal to be A BEAST.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.