Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman: Overrated?

• 76 results
    Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think that he is too weak in new 52... So many can beat him.

Avatar image for hulksmashlittleman
    HULKSMASHLITTLEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Most Overrated character would be the Norse god from mythology .Thor has been beaten by the Hulk, Red Hulk, Dark Avengers, Gladiator (Kallark), Juggernaut, Demon Druid, Elf Queen, Red Norvell, Hercules, Thanos, many of his villains: Kurse, Durok the Demolisher, Destroyer, Absorbing Man ... among others. Heck, even MARVEL bitches like Rogue and Mantis kicked his ass. His fans continue to dickride him and compare him to Superman's level lol . Get the f**k out of here

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is by far the overrated

NICK1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By NICK1

Never could imagine that a character who is 100% pure,good and selfless would get so much hate.

I LOVE Batman but Superman will always be my hero. I'd pick him every time.

Speaking of Batman,isn't he really just as ridiculous now as he ever was in the silver age? Ridiculous in the outlandish over the top sort of way.

Modern Batman supposedly has "planned for every eventuality" he can beat villains who have powers,he can dodge lasers and gunfire. LOL! And what's the difference between that and taking an Anti Radiation Bat-pill???

Superman is unrelatable and overpowered but the billionaire,master of everything who can dodge gunfire is so much better? haha!

My gosh. My poor heroes. My poor Justice League!

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ask to lvenger, buttersdaman, ghostravage or ancient0fdays

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Superman > your favorite character

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well.. it all depends on you. As it ain't set in stone on whose overrated and what not. :p.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

He is not really overrated

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is grossly underrated these days.

Avatar image for kryptonianprime
    KryptonianPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By KryptonianPrime
    ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Superman's underrated nowadays. Just because people acknowledge he's powerful doesn't really mean that he's well liked for it. He's not really in anything anymore, as others have said. I'm only a recent fan of the guy for the most part, but not many people see it that way. Kind of a shame, honestly.

Avatar image for arrow1ntheknee2
    Arrow1nTheKnee2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like him because of his lack of personality, but I do feel he's been neglected as of late, so no I don't feel he's overrated, but he was overused in the golden age to an extent where people didn't want to see him in everything, which is why he's underused now.

KalelOfSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is grossly underrated these days.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman doesn't even get that much exposure... Hell One Punch Man is probably on the same level of popularity

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
    deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These days, he's not even close to being overrated. He hasn't even had his own solo film (both animated and live-action) since 2013 or even an animated series since 2000. He's slipping into a corner of decline in regards to popularity on the media front, but I still have hope for the comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f
    deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is overrated on these threads. People think that he can beat goku.

SuperHulk24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on which Superman fights Goku. People love to go out of there way to undermine Superman and prove their fave character can beat him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f
    deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhulk24 said:

It depends on which Superman fights Goku. People love to go out of there way to undermine Superman and prove their fave character can beat him.

1. I don't even like Goku that much.

2. I'm just stating a fact.

The majority of the saiyans are Superman level at their base form. A super Saiyan is just overkill. Superman fans think he is some all powerful being who is undefeatable, when in actually he gets his but kicked all the time.

No Caption Provided

Like By Wonder Woman.

RelloMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You really need to pay more attention to...Well anything now, he's barely at anytthing now. Now its Batman this and Batman that. So no he is not overrated, he is actually underrated now. batman on the other hand...its overrated.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By masterwitcher88

@superhulk24 said:

1. I don't even like Goku that much.

2. I'm just stating a fact.

The majority of the saiyans are Superman level at their base form. A super Saiyan is just overkill. Superman fans think he is some all powerful being who is undefeatable, when in actually he gets his but kicked all the time.

No Caption Provided

Like By Wonder Woman.

1. That fight is non-canon. There are plenty of other fights you could've chosen (sacrifice for example) that displayed how powerful both of them are.

2. I can't help but feel that your kind of underestimating how powerful and skilled Diana is and in turn using that to underestimate Kal.

3. I'm not well versed in the DBZ universe so not going to fully argue this but, not once have I seen a base saiyan perform any comparable feat to post-crisis Superman, hell even Nu-52 Supes bench pressed the weight of the earth for 5 days. But like I said I'm not a DBZ fan so I don't really care what goes on in their universe as I don't follow it.

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..interesting thread and interesting responses. What Is It with Batman fans hating Superman so much? I don't get it. I grew up in the 70s and Batman and Superman were my favourite DC characters...still are, along with Wonder Woman. Can't you be a fan of both?

I think a lot of it is that people don't want to read about nice guys any more. Characters like Wolverine, Batman, Deadpool have over the years become more popular with people. People want "dark" and "gritty" rather than a character known for being optimistic and caring.

No he's not over-rated, not in the slightest. He's a veritable powerhouse, someone who can lift a sextillion tons or whatever it is he lifts, move almost as fast as the flash and tank insane amounts of damage. Think how powerful he is if he stops holding back and really goes for it.

Also, I'm a Hulk fan, but I don't agree at all with what my fellow Hulk fan said about Thor.

RelloMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..interesting thread and interesting responses. What Is It with Batman fans hating Superman so much? I don't get it. I grew up in the 70s and Batman and Superman were my favourite DC characters...still are, along with Wonder Woman. Can't you be a fan of both?

The simple answer as to why Batman fans don't like Superman is because Superman is the opposite of Batman, so of course they would have opposite feelings for him as a character.

I don't like Batman for a similar reason... Also, I hate how he combines not having superpowers with being one of the most overpowered characters in fiction.

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@relloman said:
    @bezza1969 said:

The simple answer as to why Batman fans don't like Superman is because Superman is the opposite of Batman, so of course they would have opposite feelings for him as a character.

I don't like Batman for a similar reason... Also, I hate how he combines not having superpowers with being one of the most overpowered characters in fiction.

Based on your logic then, Batman and Superman should be enemies....however they're best friends! As for Batman, I guess you must also hate Lex Luthor, seeing as he has no powers and is Superman's longest running opponent!

RelloMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By RelloMan
    @relloman said:
    @bezza1969 said:

Based on your logic then, Batman and Superman should be enemies....however they're best friends! As for Batman, I guess you must also hate Lex Luthor, seeing as he has no powers and is Superman's longest running opponent!

Batman and Superman's relationship IN THE COMIC has nothing to do with the opinions of Batman and Superman's fans IN REAL LIFE... They are ficitional characters... They can be best friends, worst enemies, lovers, or moderate aquaintences if the writer says so...

And being that Lex Luthor is a villain, I'm not the biggest fan... I'm assuming that's what you were getting at...

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@relloman said:
    @bezza1969 said:
    @relloman said:
    @bezza1969 said:

Batman and Superman's relationship IN THE COMIC has nothing to do with the opinions of Batman and Superman's fans IN REAL LIFE... They are ficitional characters... They can be best friends, worst enemies, lovers, or moderate aquaintences if the writer says so...

And being that Lex Luthor is a villain, I'm not the biggest fan... I'm assuming that's what you were getting at...

That's fine buddy, its a free country, you like you who want. I was just a bit annoyed/confused by your earlier comment which seemed to make a sweeping statement that Batman fans don't like Superman and vice versa, which is simply not true. Some don't, but others like me like both characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.