Superman... OP

#1 Posted by RandomThang (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently saw in forums that apparently, the current Superman is now not venerable to magic...

Go to Superman VS # forums and you'll see how over powered people make Superman look, in fact, so powerful, he could apparently defeat Thor (even though Thor is all magic), Hulk (I would thought of it as a Hulk VS Darkseid thing, where Hulk eventually defeats Darkseid due to unlimited strength and healing factor), and apparently, in this thread >http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/black-adam-vs-superman/565625/<, most think Superman can own Black Adam like he did in the video...

#2 Edited by Wolfrazer (6486 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk stands no chance against Darkseid so you know(don't start anything here, but its true)...but so he isn't venerable to magic anymore, eh sure they will replace it with something else. Still got kryptonite and getting the snot kicked out of him(but then again getting the snot kicked out of you isn't really a weakness).

#3 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, there's no evidence as of yet that magic can harm this version of Superman, but he's also not up to Silver Age or All-Star power levels so he's far from unbeatable. Even when he had his vulnerability to magic, he could pull off victories against Black Adam and Captain Marvel though they could hurt him.

Try not to take battle threads too seriously. They'll only drive you crazy in the end.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Superman hurt by magic in the first issue of Justice League Dark?

#5 Posted by Immortal777 (7357 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman was hurt by magic in JLD

#6 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: @Immortal777:

As an afterthought, I half-remembered that it happened in JLD #1. But was he hurt by Enchantress or was it just that he was stopped by Zatanna. ...Or both?

#7 Posted by Immortal777 (7357 posts) - - Show Bio

He was cut up by the teeth created by Enchantress.

#8 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

He was cut up by the teeth created by Enchantress.

Ah yes! The flying teeth debacle... Thanks for clearing that up! So, I guess he is still vulnerable to magic.

#9 Posted by Z3RO180 (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

superman has always been vurnable to magic and as for him deafeating thor actually im not touching that topic with a 20 stick

#10 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would curbstomp Hulk and lose to Thor.

#11 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

And Superman is vulnerable to magic.

#12 Posted by RandomThang (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

Superman would curbstomp Hulk and lose to Thor.

Not against WWH, have anyone seen the destruction WWH caused, and he was literally unstoppable when taking his revenge on Earth.

#13 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@RandomThang:NO.

#14 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

superman is not OP. i think most of the people who say that have never read a superman comic

#15 Edited by RandomThang (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: I'll take that as no, you haven't seen the destruction of WWH.

Background Info: Defeated the Avengers and Fanstatic Four with ease due to his massive anger when betrayed, and the fact that they destroyed his previous planet. Everything everyone throw at him failed, WWH actually fought silver surfer, and freed him in the previous planet in a gladiator tournament

#16 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@RandomThang said:

@NerdsFTW: I'll take that as no, you haven't seen the destruction of WWH.

Background Info: Defeated the Avengers and Fanstatic Four with ease due to his massive anger when betrayed, and the fact that they destroyed his previous planet. Everything everyone throw at him failed, WWH actually fought silver surfer, and freed him in the previous planet in a gladiator tournament

And as I remember it he was stopped by a Superman knock-off...

hmm...

#17 Posted by jwalser3 (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: @RandomThang:Don't start this here please.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the thing people have trouble understanding for some reason despite that it has been stated several hundred times, Superman has never been weak to magic, he's always had the same level of vulnerability to it as every other non magic using character in comics. No more, no less you can't call that a specific weakness unless you're willing to say that bullets are a specific weakness for Batman since he's just as vulnerable to bullets as every other non bullet proof character.

#19 Posted by RandomThang (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jekylhyde14: It's not WWH, WWH is pretty much a Hulk that have lost everything which got his anger level so high he was unbeatable. Basically, he was sent to another planet because Earth's "mightiest" heroes are all afraid of his rage, when he went to the planet Sacar, his strength is weakened due to the travel, so he was captured as a gladiator. From then on, he showed his extensive boundless strength and being literally invincible and the usual, he defeats the king, become the savior of the planet and had a family, but all destroyed in an explosion, he returns to Earth for revenge.

He defeated the Avengers, Fantastic 4, X-Men, pretty much most that cross his way, and everyone is afraid of his rage, WWH is not the usual Hulk, WWH is at its angriest I have ever seen.

#20 Posted by RandomThang (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: So... do you guys think Superman is OP or not?

And have anyone checked the video in the link I provided, the thread with the video in which most agrees Superman would own Black Adam like he did in the video.

#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@RandomThang: Over Powered is only a problem for people who lack imagination

#22 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@RandomThang said:

@Jekylhyde14: It's not WWH, WWH is pretty much a Hulk that have lost everything which got his anger level so high he was unbeatable. Basically, he was sent to another planet because Earth's "mightiest" heroes are all afraid of his rage, when he went to the planet Sacar, his strength is weakened due to the travel, so he was captured as a gladiator. From then on, he showed his extensive boundless strength and being literally invincible and the usual, he defeats the king, become the savior of the planet and had a family, but all destroyed in an explosion, he returns to Earth for revenge.

He defeated the Avengers, Fantastic 4, X-Men, pretty much most that cross his way, and everyone is afraid of his rage, WWH is not the usual Hulk, WWH is at its angriest I have ever seen.

Yeah, I read World War Hulk. I was just saying, from what I remember he was stopped by The Sentry at the end of that story. And the Sentry is a Superman knock-off.

#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jekylhyde14: Actually he was starting to kick Sentry's ass whenIron Man suddenly remembered his plot device space laser that could have stopped the whole thing before it started but didn't fire because despite the fact the Hulk has stomped him every single time they've fought he really thought he could take him this time.

#24 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@Jekylhyde14: Actually he was starting to kick Sentry's ass whenIron Man suddenly remembered his plot device space laser that could have stopped the whole thing before it started but didn't fire because despite the fact the Hulk has stomped him every single time they've fought he really thought he could take him this time.

Is that what happened? It's been awhile since I read it. I didn't really like it much, truth be told.

#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jekylhyde14: It was Okay, the end kind of blew the whole thing

#26 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@RandomThang: I'm done.

#27 Posted by RandomThang (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I agree.

#28 Posted by Nightwing4 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol @ people thinking they have to explain the plotline of the biggest hulk event ever to users of CV.....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.