Superman New 52

#1 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Action Comics: Who's the new writer now that Grant Morrison left and is he good or bad.

Superman: What do you think of Scott Lodbell's work on Superman?

Scott Snyder: Any news are details on his new superman book. How is it alike and different to the other Superman books and previous work of Snyder.

#2 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morrison stories are just too weird and overly complicated and artificial. Just read individual issue reviews for Lobdell and Snyder.

#3 Posted by Hanson724 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

As soon as Morrison leaves I'll start buying Action Comics again,not a fan of his writing. Superman is just ok, Supergirl is much better imo. Haven't heard anything new about the Snyder book but I cannot wait. Those three names Snyder,Lee and Superman YES!!!

#4 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightflash said:

Action Comics: Who's the new writer now that Grant Morrison left and is he good or bad.

Superman: What do you think of Scott Lodbell's work on Superman?

Scott Snyder: Any news are details on his new superman book. How is it alike and different to the other Superman books and previous work of Snyder.

Morrison hasnt left yet

#5 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19: What issue is he leaving?

#6 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightflash: Issue 17 is his last issue

#7 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison's story has been great, overall. Individual issues have been lacking but are usually important to the broad story. I would read them as a trade, if you choose to at all. Morrison's stories aren't good for casual Supes readers, either. He assumes that you know as much as he does about the character and his history.

Superman was pretty bad from the get-go, and hasn't gotten much better since Lobdell's start. He did that thing where a writer that's full of himself promises "the biggest bad guy that Superman has ever faced. What happens when he meets someone that's smarter, stronger and faster than him?!" that's been done a thousand times and pretended that it's a new concept.  We'll have to see where he goes with it.

We have almost no information about Snyder's upcoming book, but from the brief interview that ComicVine posted a couple days ago, I have a good feeling about it.

#8 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Better to wait for the half baked bizarro H'el story to finish before jumping in.

#9 Posted by toptom (1266 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't think that the h'el run is bad. it is not exceptional but it isn't bad either. plus the art is really god.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.