Superman / Kryptonion Vs Vampires?

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, maybe a bit of a wierd question but is there any precidence for a vampire drinking a kryptonions blood?

the way i see it is that the vampire would pretty much spontaniously combust on drinking the blood.

kryptonions are solar batteries so i'm guessing that some of the solar energy is stored in the blood... any other thoughts on this?

M

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

If they could even pierce the skin at all, they'd just be drinking sunlight.

#3 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it would probably be a bit like when the vampire drank the blood of Karolina in Runaways.

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

well i'm guessing they can pierce the skin and they are supernatural creatures, and anything supernatural has the same affect on a kryptonion as if he was a normal human.

M

#5 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Not all vampires are powered by magic.

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

as far as i knew, both the ones the the DC universe and the marvel one are magic based... what type of vampires a 'natural' ?

M

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't really think of any specifically but I'm pretty sure some have been done as more of a different species than magical creatures. Not sure, but isn't Blade a non-magical vampire? I keep thinking of non-comic sources but I'm sure there are some comic ones.

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm... you've got me thinking now, not really sure of the vampires in blade...

runs off to blades profile to see if her can locate anything about it

M

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm ok, not sure about dracula's origins as i doesn't really state in the bio...

the only 'vampire' i found that blade fought with a normal background was Morbius...

M

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking at Blade's bio all I found out was that it was copied from Wikipedia. :(

Other than Morbius, there was the original Vampirella. She was an alien. Also the vampires from I Am Legend. There are probably more, I just can't think of them.

Either way though, magic or not, the vampires still die.
Post Edited:2007-03-28 04:28:09

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm fair enough, i didn't actually consider vampirella...

M

#12 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

there part in a dc where a vampire lord bites superman, and says his blood is aweful and very not tasty but sups stills in up under the hypontic suggestion powers of the vampire, and figthts wonderwoman

this link below if it works, has a history of vampires the world, form many cultures.

http://members.fortunecity.com/marissa21/bloodmoon/page01/mythlist.htm

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.