Superman killing the animated universe

#1 Edited by yourverysilly (4 posts) - - Show Bio

In several of the episodes and movies, superman doesn't seem to have a problem with killing now and again, what does everyone think about that?

#2 Posted by ultrakid (17 posts) - - Show Bio

That he does what he has to do to keep the city of metropils under control

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
yourverysilly said:
"In several of the episodes and movies, superman doesn't seem to have a problem with killing now and again, what does everyone think about that?
"
He is a horrible hero.
#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
yourverysilly said:
"In several of the episodes and movies, superman doesn't seem to have a problem with killing now and again, what does everyone think about that?
"

oh wow... Superman killing to prevent the loss of life...

no, he's never killed before in the comics...

/sarcasm

Superman has killed plenty of times before in the comics, i can name a dozen victims off the top of my head

M
#5 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at how many skyscrapers he destroyed.. it's highly unlikely there weren't any people in there..

#6 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"yourverysilly said:
"
He is a horrible hero.
"
:D
#7 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"yourverysilly said:
"

/sarcasm

Superman has killed plenty of times before in the comics, i can name a dozen victims off the top of my head

M
"
whos he killed? in cold blood?
#8 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"yourverysilly said:
"

/sarcasm

M
"
whos he killed? in cold blood?
#9 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"yourverysilly said:
"

/sarcasm

M
"
do you really want to bring that discussion up again ;)
#10 Posted by yourverysilly (4 posts) - - Show Bio
ultrakid said:
"That he does what he has to do to keep the city of metropils under control

but most DC heroes see killing as the ultimate injustice, noone should do it whatever, it is an evil act, paticularly if your standing up for something and don't work for the government and have powers which mean that you don't have to kill.

Methos
said:
"yourverysilly said:
"

/sarcasm

M
"

the only time he killed was some kryptonian villains after which he swore never to do it again, and I don't think he has. but maybe I'm wrong if there are dozens!

Precise
said:
"Look at how many skyscrapers he destroyed.. it's highly unlikely there weren't any people in there.."
X ray vision is a reflex for him whenever he goes into a situation, he immediatly scans everywhere and can use superspeed to evacuate the area if needs be. He avoids collateral damage very carefully, because he knows how much he could potentially cause, in a fight if he gets chucked into a building his senses and reactions are so acute that he could save anyone in trouble or avoid them. That's my opinion anyway!

I think it's an important topic because it's celarly important to a lot of the heroes, paticularly batman and superman. not so much wonder woman!
#11 Posted by Alpha (7324 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman hasn't kiled anyone directly other than Doomsday. If anyone knows of any others, I would like to know.

Superman is the greatest hero in comics by the way.

#12 Posted by Agent_DEATH (602 posts) - - Show Bio

SUPERMAN SUCKS WHITEY TIGHTIES!!!

#13 Posted by Alpha (7324 posts) - - Show Bio
Agent_DEATH said:
"SUPERMAN SUCKS WHITEY TIGHTIES!!!"
And why do you feel this way?
#14 Posted by Agent_DEATH (602 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Agent_DEATH said:
And why do you feel this way?"

actually i dont it was just some random BS and didnt superman kill the robat verion of himself?
#15 Posted by Alpha (7324 posts) - - Show Bio
Agent_DEATH said:
"Alpha said:
"Agent_DEATH said:
And why do you feel this way?"

actually i dont it was just some random BS and didnt superman kill the robat verion of himself?"

I don't recall but a robot isn't really taking a life. Android maybe, cyborg definitely, but not a robot.
#16 Posted by The Inquisitor (32 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Superman hasn't kiled anyone directly other than Doomsday. If anyone knows of any others, I would like to know.

Superman is the greatest hero in comics by the way.
"
Agreed.
#17 Posted by yourverysilly (4 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:

I don't recall but a robot isn't really taking a life. Android maybe, cyborg definitely, but not a robot."

Depends on whether they have sentient intelligence or not, not what they are.

#18 Posted by Alpha (7324 posts) - - Show Bio
yourverysilly said:
"Alpha said:

I don't recall but a robot isn't really taking a life. Android maybe, cyborg definitely, but not a robot."

Depends on whether they have sentient intelligence or not, not what they are.

"

But a robot is a simple machine with no will. Therefore they are robotic in nature with a set program. If they somehow obtain sentience they become something else.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.