Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

SUPERMAN IS BACK!

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

Now, with Superman: Lois and Clark, Jurgens has confirmed that pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois are also part of the post-reboot world. And their situation isn't helped by the otherversion of Superman having his secret identity revealed to the world — a "horrifying development" for them, according to Jurgens..... And it's why the TRUE Superman is coming back.

So yeah.... Truth has done something right!!!!

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

This sounds very interesting. I am sure it will make the DC universe a much more confusing place though I am happy to see the real Superman and Lois Lane back in action. Not sure about that new suit. I rather see the real Superman be in the classic costume though whatever. More classic Superman!

Honestly, I am getting really confused with DC hahaah

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Omega_kai
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'd rather see the previous Superman on a different Earth away from the problems and issues of the New 52 continuity. Bringing 2 different realities together might prove to be tumultuous for readers, and allow for fair, albeit cheap shots at the flaws New 52 Superman is suffering from.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does this remind me of Infinite Crisis?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Because this is essentially turning out very similarly to Infinite Crisis. One Superman finds the other Superman's world darker and different to the world they came from. Cue conflict and drama.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@lvenger said:

@black_arrow: Because this is essentially turning out very similarly to Infinite Crisis. One Superman finds the other Superman's world darker and different to the world they came from. Cue conflict and drama.

I don't think the premise mentioned that.

The only thing mentioned is that this will be a character-driven comic, with an old Superman trying to stop the menaces he couldn't before.

It is actually the opposite. The old Superman tries to help rather than replace. Its about a new life not about nostalgia.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I know but I imagine that's the direction and tone the series will take if the series reaches the point where the Pre Flashpoint Superman meets the Post Flashpoint Superman. Not going to lie though, I'm pretty glad Pre New 52 Clark will be helping to clean up the mess that Post New 52 Clark has left scattered about like a disruptive teenager. I'm looking forward to the character side of this comic, it's the story I have misgivings about.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm confused, how many Supermans are there in the dcu right now?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Squalleon

@mark_stephen said:

Multiverse or main Universe?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen said:

Both. I thought after Convergence there was only going to be one again.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon said:

Both. I thought after Convergence there was only going to be one again.

There is a Superman for every universe (look at the Multiversity Guidebook, some are dead, others are more analogues than pastiches).

In the main universe there are two. Superman from Pre-52 and the New 52 one.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

hope its a good story and not just the return of the YAAAAAAAAWWWWN

VickBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By VickBat

Thanks to Newsarama long as I could tell me, how lucky, they are in the universe of new52(Prime Earth)...

The Pre-New 52 Superman and his family, good, one support for extreme threats...

Now the people fan of these couple should leave alone the other Superman(new52) and Wonder Woman(new52) couple... They already have what they wanted, so the 2 superheroes should stay together.. "The truth" should not be so big problem for it ..

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vickbat: pft the shipper wars have just begun.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yawn.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

Huh? That just confused me more lol

Yeah. It seems since Convergence Pre-52 Supes has been living with Pre-52 Lois and their son Jon, in the New 52 universe. The title will resolve around the family and Jon learning who his parents are.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

@squalleon:

Huh? That just confused me more lol

Yeah. It seems since Convergence Pre-52 Supes has been living with Pre-52 Lois and their son Jon, in the New 52 universe. The title will resolve around the family and Jon learning who his parents are.

So, the post crisis Superman we last saw before Flashpoint who was in Convergence somehow made it the new-52 universe 9 years ago, but was also in convergence in his own post crisis universe??? I skipped Convergence btw lol

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, the post crisis Superman we last saw before Flashpoint who was in Convergence somehow made it the new-52 universe 9 years ago, but was also in convergence in his own post crisis universe??? I skipped Convergence btw lol

Me too. Don't worry about explaining Convergence, because not even the creators know what they did.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Essentially, at the end of Convergence, Pre New 52 Superman and Lois and their son Jon got sent back to the original Crisis by Brainiac and Telos to set things right along with Pre Crisis Supergirl, Barry Allen and Parallax. Somehow, they ended up on the New 52 Earth 9 years before where the current continuity is at. And also before New 52 Superman's debut and the formation of the Justice League. It's essentially a soft retcon which puts Pre New 52 Superman back into the picture.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Me too. Don't worry about explaining Convergence, because not even the creators know what they did.

It sounds way too convoluted lol

@lvenger said:

@buttersdaman000: Essentially, at the end of Convergence, Pre New 52 Superman and Lois and their son Jon got sent back to the original Crisis by Brainiac and Telos to set things right along with Pre Crisis Supergirl, Barry Allen and Parallax. Somehow, they ended up on the New 52 Earth 9 years before where the current continuity is at. And also before New 52 Superman's debut and the formation of the Justice League. It's essentially a soft retcon which puts Pre New 52 Superman back into the picture.

Ok so...post crisis Superman is older than when we left him, right? Convergence happens, n52 Superman disappears, and Post Crisis is somehow placed in the n52 9 years prior to n52 Supermans shirt and jean days. So, are they gonna explain why PC Superman sat on his behind and why he's the only PC incarnation to be in the n52? And will PC Superman interact with n52 Superman or is this just a way to make canon stories for him much in the way KC Superman hardly interacted with PC Superman?? Oh, and how the hell did he and lois even have a baby??

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: For explaining why Pre Flashpoint Superman hasn't gotten more involved sooner, I'm betting it'll be for some Starfleet non interference BS type of excuse. As for whether the old Superman will meet the new Superman, that hasn't been confirmed yet but this series shows it's only a matter of time till it happens. Lastly, Lois and Clark had a baby whilst they were trapped in Pre New 52 Gotham for a year after Brainiac stole that city and put it on the world of Telos for storage. He lost his powers so Clark was able to have a baby with Lois normally.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@buttersdaman000: For explaining why Pre Flashpoint Superman hasn't gotten more involved sooner, I'm betting it'll be for some Starfleet non interference BS type of excuse. As for whether the old Superman will meet the new Superman, that hasn't been confirmed yet but this series shows it's only a matter of time till it happens. Lastly, Lois and Clark had a baby whilst they were trapped in Pre New 52 Gotham for a year after Brainiac stole that city and put it on the world of Telos for storage. He lost his powers so Clark was able to have a baby with Lois normally.

So the sun doesn't come out in Gotham?? But got it lol thanks

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude:

I actually resent that "TRUE Superman is back"... it's like saying that these past years ever since the reboot amounted to nothing.

Yeah the old Superman is back. But is that a good thing. Time will tell.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so confused right now.....@squalleon@saintwildcard@lvenger@heavenlydarkdragon what's going on????

For some reason, still unknown pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois somehow ended up on Earth-0. An they been living in secret for the past 9 years.

Which is strange because at the end of Convergence I got the idea that every city that had not been completely wipedout were returned to the only place in DC were they can exist. Hypertime.

Hypertime is basically a place were all timelines and possible pasts, presents and futures, exist. But DC now pulled this... Stunt.

I have my own suspicions about this move of theirs. I believe that DC is gonna use this comic to evaluate Clark and Diana relationship. If Lois and Clark do extremely well in terms of sales then they might just put an end to Clark current relationship and bring back the one we've been getting for the past +20 years.

This is how I see it, because of all the characters they could've brought back, choosing exactly the two characters that have raised so much debate over the years cannot be a coincidence.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I forgot to mention that all of Brainiac's cities were kept under forcefields that neutralized all metahuman powers. And no problem man.

MyNameIsChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy to see this book because I miss Lois and Clark. I was actually really happy with with new 52 superman until the whole DCYou screwed everything up for the worse. Hopefully this book keeps high sales so I have something to look forward to from DC each month.

I'm Loving the Lee Weeks art I've seen so far!

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn I really missed him

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to this but costume better not be black and silver

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.