Overrated?

#2 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

Inspirational!

#3 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

my boyfriend...........I wish :(

#4 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio
weaponx said:
"Overrated?"
Not by any means. He got voted as one of the top 50 Heroes in a entertainment magazine where they said his most heroic act is being Superman

Superb
Ultimate Super Hero
Popular
Exceptional
Righteous
Magnanimous
American Icon
Nice
#5 Edited by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

had both a good and an awful movie.

#6 Posted by BatDance (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

A supetard SUCKFEST

WHY?

1Superman is mostly for the elite “ruling class” keeping the people of Metropolis rich and powerful, Batman had to fight from the ground up to defeat Gotham of most of its criminal underworld. Superman allows criminals like Lex to rise and become President
2The top villain isn't super Super monster or Super god, its a real estate twit. Lex sucks
3His powers are annoying, everything in Superman is about bad guys trying to garb kryptonite or else there's no drama, you know for certain he's not going to end up in a wheelchair like Miss Gordon
4Nine out of ten times Superman writing is terrible
5He became a pawn and a weapon for military powers. USSR, RonnieRaygun take your pick Superman has sold out to the military industrail complex many times
6Why can't anyone figure out that Superman and Clark Kent are the same person?
7Lois is lame, that kind of falling out a window girl might have been cool in the 50s but its not cool anymore. They tried to fix her giving her some woman's lib and girl power but she just became even more annoying
8Superman and Lois have no chemistry. Only two people are able to save Lois actors Margot Kidder,  Teri Hatcher, more often than not she is horrible
9He's overrated by fanboys, I hate his feats from pre-Crisis and his character is a poision on DC universe
10Superman is like a spy cam or the patriot act, flying around the planet fixing everything to his own approval
11The guy is, well, irrational
12Superman too self righteous
13Superman is known for feats of "dickery"
14Expanding on "dickery" Superman has too much moral absolutism, he would jail people for smoking a cigarette if he could. While he isn't totally insane like the Punisher but he's still a dick, content to uphold the values of the elite ruling class and jail every guy for speeding or annoying any college kid that had a beer.
15The Singer movie sucked, letting us know this character is dead
16Where are all these Kryptionans coming from? They must have been breeding like rats before their planet went Boom. Superman has a son? Double WTF?
17His costume is rubbish
18Typical Superman story, Lois gets herself kidnapped and Superman has to rescue her. Lex has kryptonite, so he ends up beating the ** out of the man of steel. Superman recovers and wins. End of story. Bleh…
19Doomsday was the best thing that happned him
20the biggest mistake was bringing him back, not juts as one annoying 'hero' but as half a dozen different annoying Supermen
#7 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
BatDance said:
"A supetard SUCKFEST

WHY?

1Superman is mostly for the elite “ruling class” keeping the people of Metropolis rich and powerful, Batman had to fight from the ground up to defeat Gotham of most of its criminal underworld. Superman allows criminals like Lex to rise and become President2The top villain isn't super Super monster or Super god, its a real estate twit. Lex sucks3His powers are annoying, everything in Superman is about bad guys trying to garb kryptonite or else there's no drama, you know for certain he's not going to end up in a wheelchair like Miss Gordon4Nine out of ten times Superman writing is terrible5He became a pawn and a weapon for military powers. USSR, RonnieRaygun take your pick Superman has sold out to the military industrail complex many times6Why can't anyone figure out that Superman and Clark Kent are the same person? 7Lois is lame, that kind of falling out a window girl might have been cool in the 50s but its not cool anymore. They tried to fix her giving her some woman's lib and girl power but she just became even more annoying8Superman and Lois have no chemistry. Only two people are able to save Lois actors Margot Kidder,  Teri Hatcher, more often than not she is horrible9He's overrated by fanboys, I hate his feats from pre-Crisis and his character is a poision on DC universe10Superman is like a spy cam or the patriot act, flying around the planet fixing everything to his own approval11The guy is, well, irrational12Superman too self righteous13Superman is known for feats of "dickery" 14Expanding on "dickery" Superman has too much moral absolutism, he would jail people for smoking a cigarette if he could. While he isn't totally insane like the Punisher but he's still a dick, content to uphold the values of the elite ruling class and jail every guy for speeding or annoying any college kid that had a beer.15The Singer movie sucked, letting us know this character is dead16Where are all these Kryptionans coming from? They must have been breeding like rats before their planet went Boom. Superman has a son? Double WTF? 17His costume is rubbish18Typical Superman story, Lois gets herself kidnapped and Superman has to rescue her. Lex has kryptonite, so he ends up beating the ** out of the man of steel. Superman recovers and wins. End of story. Bleh…19Doomsday was the best thing that happned him20the biggest mistake was bringing him back, not juts as one annoying 'hero' but as half a dozen different annoying Supermen"
wow troll after troll after troll and a hater GTFO unless you lose all this, he is a great hero and always trys his best to save the universe without murder.
#8 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

A lame character

#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

a male wonder woman

#10 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"a male wonder woman"
ROFLMMFAO Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Priceless!!!
#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

[=

#12 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
BatDance said:
"A supetard SUCKFEST

WHY?

1Superman is mostly for the elite “ruling class” keeping the people of Metropolis rich and powerful, Batman had to fight from the ground up to defeat Gotham of most of its criminal underworld. Superman allows criminals like Lex to rise and become President2The top villain isn't super Super monster or Super god, its a real estate twit. Lex sucks3His powers are annoying, everything in Superman is about bad guys trying to garb kryptonite or else there's no drama, you know for certain he's not going to end up in a wheelchair like Miss Gordon4Nine out of ten times Superman writing is terrible5He became a pawn and a weapon for military powers. USSR, RonnieRaygun take your pick Superman has sold out to the military industrail complex many times6Why can't anyone figure out that Superman and Clark Kent are the same person? 7Lois is lame, that kind of falling out a window girl might have been cool in the 50s but its not cool anymore. They tried to fix her giving her some woman's lib and girl power but she just became even more annoying8Superman and Lois have no chemistry. Only two people are able to save Lois actors Margot Kidder,  Teri Hatcher, more often than not she is horrible9He's overrated by fanboys, I hate his feats from pre-Crisis and his character is a poision on DC universe10Superman is like a spy cam or the patriot act, flying around the planet fixing everything to his own approval11The guy is, well, irrational12Superman too self righteous13Superman is known for feats of "dickery"14Expanding on "dickery" Superman has too much moral absolutism, he would jail people for smoking a cigarette if he could. While he isn't totally insane like the Punisher but he's still a dick, content to uphold the values of the elite ruling class and jail every guy for speeding or annoying any college kid that had a beer.15The Singer movie sucked, letting us know this character is dead16Where are all these Kryptionans coming from? They must have been breeding like rats before their planet went Boom. Superman has a son? Double WTF? 17His costume is rubbish18Typical Superman story, Lois gets herself kidnapped and Superman has to rescue her. Lex has kryptonite, so he ends up beating the ** out of the man of steel. Superman recovers and wins. End of story. Bleh…19Doomsday was the best thing that happned him20the biggest mistake was bringing him back, not juts as one annoying 'hero' but as half a dozen different annoying Supermen"

I do realise that live is not a competition between Superman and Batman, right? They're both great superheroes, even people who hate them both can understand that. If it was a competition I would tell you that Mr. Richy Bruce have told Superman that he waste time on charity while he should being doing other things. Of course Bruce who didn't grow up in a poor place like Smalville wouldn't understand it. And Batman also let Luthor became president. As the rest of the world did, so you could just hate every single superhero in the DCU because of that. In the end, Superman and Batman as a team were the only ones who fought Luthor.

But that's exactly the point they are different, because if everybody were to be equal it would suck. I'm just glad a superpowered guy like Supes isn't as negative as Batman. That wouldn't be any good. Just like Batman wouldn't be any good if he didn't input fear on people.

Also a lot of your points seam to me that are more based on TV Superman rather than Comics Superman, I can be wrong on this one but it's the feeling I get. You should read on "For Tomorrow" to see if he didn't have any passionate relation with Lois. Or in the "Up, up...", or in e All-Stars, that one was really good.

Personally I don't like some few things in Superman, even thought I'm a big fan of both him and Lois Lane. You know, he's not perfect, but if you really know him you'll have a different opinion about him, like Batman have.

#13 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

Superdickery

#14 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Boring.

#15 Posted by jloneblackheart (5496 posts) - - Show Bio

Overpowered

#16 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

Hated for being the best

#17 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

Tut Tut.........................

#18 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

The Godfather of Super Heroes. He set the bar for which others are measured by.

#19 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

to small where it counts

#20 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
Valor said:
"

Hated for being the best

"
There you go
#21 Posted by inferiorego (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is Clark Kent

Staff
#22 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

A guy who pretends he's the best hero but he's got a lot of dirty laundry. See how the writers gave Superman some slave skeletons in those closets. Krypton was a little like that whole Jim Crow era in American history

#23 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is ... needing a costume redesign.

#24 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

a good character, though way too powerful, a little cheesy, and in desperate need of a costume change/redesign.

#25 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is someone who can get on your bad side sometimes and some of his movies are terrible.

#26 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

...gets a lot of flack but I think is pretty great.

#27 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

superman aka Clark Kent,   akka Kal L

#28 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

superman is an iconic hero

#29 Posted by KCsuperman09 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

he is king

#30 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved by many..Hated By truepwnage and his troll accounts

#31 Posted by Benuben (230 posts) - - Show Bio

ultimate symbol of boy-scouty badassery

#32 Edited by Billy Batson (57780 posts) - - Show Bio

a superhero.
BB

#33 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Different now.
#34 Posted by Lvenger (18394 posts) - - Show Bio

the crusader of truth, justice and represents the best that humanity can be. To me, that is what a superhero should stand for. There are few truly inspirational symbolic characters as Superman.

#35 Posted by Planewalker (325 posts) - - Show Bio

his personality sucks c'mon no person can be goody all the time... I just can't grasp the thing

#36 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Badass

#37 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate him or Love him the most important comic book charecter of all time

#38 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is underrated these days. Too much hate over him.

#39 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio

from Krypton

#40 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Yup

@Dracade102: Truth

#41 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9490 posts) - - Show Bio

a symbol

#42 Posted by joshmightbe (24682 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not going to say he's the best character ever but apparently most of the people hating on Superman on this thread have never actually read Superman either that or they completely missed the whole point of what they did read

#43 Edited by Hemen (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@Planewalker said:

his personality sucks c'mon no person can be goody all the time... I just can't grasp the thing

Have you read the original Superman stories in the golden age, have you read the silver age stories? Have you read any superman stories at all? (no modern age stories don't count since i only like the golden age and silver age stories)

And if you want to read a bad boy Superman read the new action comics #1.

#44 Edited by The Stegman (23145 posts) - - Show Bio

honestly, although he's not the most interesting character, or my favorite, but i think he is the greatest superhero of all time, he created the superhero business, he's inspired people (both fictional and in the real world) of all races, sexes, nationalities and creeds.  He's what ever hero should aspire to be like. He's one of the few heroes who will try and TALK the villain down rather than through a punch first and ask questions later. i remember one issue of the "Grounded" arc a woman was going to commit suicide, he literally sat with her the entire day, in a none threatening way and talked her down from it, that single issue made me love superman all over again

#45 Posted by SC (12709 posts) - - Show Bio

He makes people, reactive, and willing to get snarky, and precious, and shout, jib, insult at other real life human beings, even though he is fictional, because somehow he just hits on peoples emotional sides.  

Oh, I don't like Superman < Oh well your just a hater, GTFO troll, your ignorant, rawr!  

Oh, I like Superman < Oh you fanboy loser, your just a sheep. Baa, baa!  

Its almost never, I dislike Superman, = hey, I like him, but its okay we disagree. Lets go eat some Pizza and shoot some pigeons just like Superman and Bruce Lee. 

Moderator Online
#46 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

Man enough to rock underwear in public, even if he is wearing jeans now...

#47 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

overrated, overpowered, underendowed

#48 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

He's currently becoming cool again in action comics, plus, if he and Wonder Woman get it on for a while, his cool factor will go through the roof in my book :)

#49 Posted by Billy Batson (57780 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome.
BB

#50 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

...under-utilized in making good videogames!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.