Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

superman game on the next gen consoles?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

with the next gen consoles coming out do you think we finally have the technology to do a superman videogame right?

No Caption Provided
    CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hope so we really need a good Superman game hope WB games hire someone who could make it possible

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SOG7dc

me too man

Avatar image for midnight_demon3453453
    Midnight_Demon3453453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I also hope to see Kal-El on my next-gen console.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't think technology has ever been the problem...I mean you could easily translate all of his powers into a game right now with no problems...the problem is making a good Superman game

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself:

ive heard flight is a really hard game mechanic. that nd simulating his speed and strength and other powers just seems like a hard task. and the environment has to be 100%destructable.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

SNES one wasn´t that bad. And i think that is the only good Supes game

And i think is time to make a new, fresh and modern Supes videogame, Batman waited a long time for AA but the results were awesome. The flagship of DC has also waited, he deserves it

Mahahus64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technology isn't what's holding back a great Superman game, people just can't make it right. It should be like Arkham games, except 100% destructible and with more sun. It has to be open-world to be good, no goddamn level hopping.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technology is not the problem at all, I don't know where you are getting that from. For years we have had action packed games with super powered being and massive destructible environments. The problem with a Superman game is it would suck. It would be very hard for the developer to ensure it is not repetitive and Superman would either be too weak or too strong.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I know...is that a new superman game needs to have the same type of ability use as Superman Returns.

Actually being able to fly and run at superspeeds.

The overall game was bad...but the control over superman and his powers was great.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

No, technological limits are not the cause for a lack of a proper Superman game. The character himself is. With characters like Batman, Spider-Man, Wolverine, the X-Men, etc, they all have common enemies, people that can still hurt them. With Superman, that is simply not the case and thus why we will never see a game succeed.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, technological limits are not the cause for a lack of a proper Superman game. The character himself is. With characters like Batman, Spider-Man, Wolverine, the X-Men, etc, they all have common enemies, people that can still hurt them. With Superman, that is simply not the case and thus why we will never see a game succeed.

pretty much this. Sadly, we probably wont ever see a Superman game on the level of the batman Arkham games.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@vitality: what game have you been playing? when i played it, superman was clipping through the world when flying.

SuperEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This World needs a good Superman game!

SuperEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what how about a 3rd person Superman game, with the abillity to go first person anytime. The idea is to try to incorporate Oculus rift into it.

Now thats what I want to see^^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.