Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman (Flash Point version)

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By termiteone4ever

Should he be a darker version of Superman in the new 52 who still remembers what happened in Flash point ?

Does anyone think they should have shown more of his new personality and how it would play out ?

Even the fight with him vs Aquaman and wonder woman I wanted to see more . Any way thats just me

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Goodness gracious, no. In my opinion, we haven't had a good version of Superman in his own title since the first issue in Grounded. I want him to smile...just once :(

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Jekylhyde14

I think the fact that he was under-utilized in Flashpoint and the fact that he played more of a minor role in the first new 52 Justice League arc shows that they want to put a bit less of an emphasis on Superman.

To answer your question, though, I'm glad they chose to leave that version of Superman behind with Flashpoint. It was a good story for a three-issue mini-series, but it wasn't really Superman. At least, it didn't capture the essence of who the character is. If you want to see a darker version of Superman, try picking up the early issues of Rob Liefeld's Supreme (and cringe at how bad it really is).

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Primmaster64

Superman has barely been on Justice League. Its basically Batman and GL book.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By termiteone4ever

@Jekylhyde14 said:

I think the fact that he was under-utilized in Flashpoint and the fact that he played more of a minor role in the first new 52 Justice League arc shows that they want to put a bit less of an emphasis on Superman.

To answer your question, though, I'm glad they chose to leave that version of Superman behind with Flashpoint. It was a good story for a three-issue mini-series, but it wasn't really Superman. At least, it didn't capture the essence of who the character is. If you want to see a darker version of Superman, try picking up the early issues of Rob Liefeld's Supreme (and cringe at how bad it really is).

I use to read that years ago. He was pretty powerful . I recall a few scans when they were fighting they destroyed planets and all.

I understand and see what you are saying. I was curious to see what DC would do with him.

@Primmaster64 said:

Superman has barely been on Justice League. Its basically Batman and GL book.

You notice it as well. :) interesting . I have been reading the GL books this new guy Ivitcus i am not sure i spell his name correct. he looks pretty tough. For some strange reason i am liking Arkillo kind of make me laugh and want to read the comic just to see what he would do.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By azza04

Nah... but I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate universe story where Superman's origin was like that of Flash Point.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Icon
    @Kal'smahboi said:
    Goodness gracious, no. In my opinion, we haven't had a good version of Superman in his own title since the first issue in Grounded. I want him to smile...just once :(
    At least he smiled a fair bit in the latest issue of Action.
    Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Icon said:
    @Kal'smahboi said:
    At least he smiled a fair bit in the latest issue of Action.
    Yeah, but I didn't really care for the art at the end :/
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By z3ro180

@Kal'smahboi: i agree with you even though i havent read a lot of the new super man seris from what i have read he does need to smile more.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Z3RO180 said:

@Kal'smahboi: i agree with you even though i havent read a lot of the new super man seris from what i have read he does need to smile more.

He does. He's supposed to be generally happy and friendly, an amazing thing considering that a lot of his life has kind of sucked. It's something that makes him Superman, and it just hasn't been there.
    HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By HolySerpent

I'm not sure about darker, but I do love when superman is more aggressive with his abilities....I don't won't him to kill, but I do want him to hit a little harder

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.